Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2012

Default Im the new guy! (sort of)

Hi guys!

Im thinking of starting racing back up again after a 12 year gap. My name is Alan Wheeldon, I used to race when you had to change motor brushes and try and get those old nicads to last a 5 minute race, those days look like they have been completely left in the past
I was doing quite well at one point finishing 3rd and then 2nd overall in the Radio Race Car Championship back in 1998 and 1999 until I found beer, women and big car racing, then for some reason I was always skint!

Anyway, I moved down to the West Midlands a few years ago and i now live in Wolverhampton and have been looking for somewhere to maybe start back up again. I went to the Nationals in Kiddy the other week to have a look around (its exactly the same as i remember it) bumped into a few old faces that i used to race with too which was a nice surprise

I see that there is an outdoor club in Telford which is also starting to get bigger but dont know much about it only where it is. Does anything happen indoors over winter or is it just the outdoor MAM which is local?

Anyway, just thought id say hi and get some advice on where i can start looking at. Quite fancy a SV2 to get me going although there does seem to be some good budget RTR kits out there now to get my foot back in the door