Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 24-08-2015
Mad Member

Default MT-4 Transmitter

Using a dx3c at the moment and thinking of upgrading to the above, the big question is, is it worth it?
Old 24-08-2015
Mad Member

if your serious about your racing and nearing the top of "A" finals and looking for that extra couple of % maybe

if your a muppet like me and getting whooped by 10 year olds probably not

sanwa stuff is undoubtably good , downside is if you have a fleet of cars kitting out with extra rx's can be expensive

spectrum rx's are relatively cheap to find and I cant tell any difference in speed between any of them

regards dave
Old 24-08-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd suggest the response time will certainly be quicker with the Sanwa kit. I never thought there was a difference until I tried one, and bought it and instantly went faster with less errors, which I put down to the more connected feel, and no lag between the stick movement and response at the car.
Although the MT4 isnt a top of the line radio, its certainly a quality bit of kit. I don't/can't use a wheel radio, but i've had a go of both, and the MT4 felt a lot more drivable to me.

I actually started back in the hobby with a DX3C and got rid of it soon enough for a stick radio, as I couldn't do wheel. Are you using the DSM or DSM2 receivers? DSM are notorious for being laggy and getting interference.

Can you try one before you buy?

Expect to pay £50/receiver for second hand ones (or new from hobbyking), and £75/80 for new from UK stockists. You get what you pay for, in my opinion, and Sanwa is the best you can buy.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 25-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I'd suggest the response time will certainly be quicker with the Sanwa kit. I never thought there was a difference until I tried one, and bought it and instantly went faster with less errors, which I put down to the more connected feel, and no lag between the stick movement and response at the car....
...You get what you pay for, in my opinion, and Sanwa is the best you can buy.
Agree with all this, plus the fact I used an MT4 every week for two years always running Savox 1256/1258 servos and with a variety of 1/8th and 1/10th ESCs (mostly Hobbywing and Turnigy Trackstar) and I never needed a power cap/glitch buster which a lot of people seem to need when running Savox with certain other brands of radio.

I upgraded from a re-badged basic Sanwa radio (an Ansmann W3.1 to be precise) which never gave me any problems but the MT4/RX461 or 462 combo was noticeably faster and more precise. I think it's something to do with being able to change the servo mode to digital but saying that the throttle response was better as well.

Get the MT4
Old 25-08-2015
Mad Member

Thanks dor the advice guys, have one on order now
Old 28-08-2015
Mad Member

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a transmitter lipo for the mt-4, from what ive researched any 2s lipo will fit (given the right dimensions) but just wanna make sure
Old 28-08-2015

Just bought one of these for my MT-4. Fits great although I did put a piece of old foam inside the battery compartment to stop it rattling around.

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...nsmitters.html