Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Germany

Old 18-10-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42
Default Rennen im Essen

Well are there any tracks in Essen area? I'll might get a job that will involve travelling also to Essen for week or two per month. So I would like to know if there are any options to race.
Danke schoen
Old 18-10-2011

yea it issent far from belgium so yes there are some tracks there . within 50 km you will have 3 i think if u are talking about essen in holland (netherlands)
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 18-10-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Nah I've really got German Essen on mind. Essen that you have on mind is over 200km away :/
http://g.co/maps/567eu
Old 18-10-2011

even that is not that bad pavel just do the 200 km trip over than and lets race over here than would be fun
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 18-10-2011
Mad Member

Well it will depend on circumstances. If I'll have a car and how much time I'll have over weekend.
Old 25-10-2011
Mad Member

Niemand mit mehr Informationen?
Old 25-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to wouter.z

I know there is a track in Langenfeld, the also organise some great indoor races over the winter. We (dutch guys) sometimes drive there also.

http://www.amc-langenfeld.de/
Old 25-10-2011

There is an Onroad track in Essen - http://www.msc-essen.de/

Also in Duisburg about 20km away from essen is an Offroad Track - http://www.rcrt-duisburg.de/

The offroad track is probably closed in the winter but maybe they have some indoor practicing in a sports hall.

For more tracks Onroad and Offroad have a look at www.rcmap.de
Its a google based map with almost every race track in germany.
Consider yourself lucky that you are in west germany, there are the most rc tracks
Old 28-10-2011
Mad Member

Sorry to have missed this post!

I work in Essen and live in Langenfeld. The AMC Langenfeld holds the premier indoor offroad race series called the Sixdays, which always pulls a crowd. A couple of the Belgian and Dutch drivers usually make it over and a good time is had by all

If you are here in the summer we also have a fairly kick-ass astroturf track outdoors. There is a thread down in the german section covering the 2010 german champs which were held on that track. If you refer dirt there is a club in Duisburg and one in Dortmund but they don't run over the winter.

I would love to have the dude with the hat at one of our race meets

Give me a heads-up when you get here!
Old 29-10-2011
Mad Member

Danke schoen.
I really hope that I'll get a job and will be able to do some races with you guys over there. Still waiting for response - waiting is killing me
Anyway I expect first business trips over there more in summer time rather than sooner (I'm still studying at university and it doesn't go very well together).
Old 21-01-2012
Mad Member

There's also an indoor track in Lünen. I haven't been there yet, so I really can't comment on it.

www.minimobilwelt.de
Old 21-02-2012
Mad Member

Well I've been assigned to UK project so it looks like I won't come to Essen anytime soon. Maybe after this one is done...
Anyway thanks guys
Old 09-11-2012
Mad Member

Well, I've been reassigned to German project and this weekend I'm staying in Essen. Is there any racing nearby?
Old 09-11-2012
Mad Member

I don't know much on racing in Germany - I do know that the following tracks in the Netherlands and Belgium are 'closest' to to you:

1. MAC Vlijmen (51.688075,5.178111 on Google Maps) - It's the track I usually drive - it's clay, it's got a nice flow to it and it's relatively forgiving if you make a mistake. In the winter we drive indoors in a horse riding school in a nearby town, Rosmalen.
2. Indoor track in Uden - it doesn't exist yet but I think they start building in January (51.666593,5.616747 on Google Maps shows where the village is).
3. ORRA Arendonk (51.311784,5.047632 on Google Maps) - I only drove on this track once, but it was a huge load of fun (though I still find it a scary track to drive on in the dry).

All of these venues are 120-160km away, and I know it's likely there are tracks nearer to Essen. However, if you fancy joining in on some club races or the Belgian-Dutch championship, I can guarantee you it will be worth the drive - (in travel time) for me the closest track is MAC Vlijmen, which is 120km/2 1/2 hours of travelling (by public transport)