Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 27-09-2014

Default Whitcliffe Days/Times?

Outdoor at Batley finishes this Sunday I believe which I cant attend (taking kids to Blackpool) but I would like to come and join the fun indoors please.

What days and times does it run on and approx. how long for per meeting? (also how much is it per session too please - will be sorting myself a BRCA membership out over the next week or so as well so I will be covered for insurance purposes)

cheers
Phil
Old 27-09-2014

Still finalising the calendar so will post as soon as available. I would suggest that you wait until after the BRCA AGM (last Sunday in October) to process membership as you will then get it up to December 2015 as they usually start new memberships after this time.

You can attend 3 meetings at the club before needing BRCA membership so you should be okay.

Meetings are held on Sundays (not every week) and are usually 12 noon till 6 pm but the first hour is for trackbuilding. Race fees are:

Club members: £6 per class
Juniors: £4 per class
Non-members: £8 per class

Drivers who enter both classes get a reduction of £1 per class.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DianneH; 27-09-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 27-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneH View Post
Still finalising the calendar so will post as soon as available. I would suggest that you wait until after the BRCA AGM (last Sunday in October) to process membership as you will then get it up to December 2015 as they usually start new memberships after this time.

You can attend 3 meetings at the club before needing BRCA membership so you should be okay.

Meetings are held on Sundays (not every week) and are usually 12 noon till 6 pm but the first hour is for trackbuilding. Race fees are:

Club members: £6 per class
Juniors: £4 per class
Non-members: £8 per class

Drivers who enter both classes get a reduction of £1 per class.

Hope this helps.
Hi Dianne - thanks very much a great help. I guess I will get my membership after that last Sunday in Oct to join - by then my 3 freebies will have been used up for sure as I just started going to Cullingworth as of last night, but would also like to join the fun at Batley/Whitcliffe. Might even get over to Chadderton to watch the series that starts in Oct - sounds like there is good food on offer there
Old 29-09-2014
Mad Member

Do I presume there is nothing this weekend? I note the next published dates are for Chadderton on 12th October

Cheers

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 29-09-2014

Dianne did mention yesterday that if the weather is nice and can get enough people together then texts and notices might be sent out to do something Sunday, but don't hold me to that, as altho Dianne done a great job yesterday she is still a little under the weather and might want the rest but fingers crossed for those of you that would be able to make it if so ��
Old 29-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had family stuff on this last weekend, so couldn't make it, but suspect it was decent given the weather.

Next Sunday (5th Oct) is the first round of Schumacher indoor off-road masters at Worksop. I suspect there will be a good number of club regulars at that, myself included. Chadderton the week after. Hopefully the good weather will continue, but it must break sometime.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I had family stuff on this last weekend, so couldn't make it, but suspect it was decent given the weather.

Next Sunday (5th Oct) is the first round of Schumacher indoor off-road masters at Worksop. I suspect there will be a good number of club regulars at that, myself included. Chadderton the week after. Hopefully the good weather will continue, but it must break sometime.
I think the weather will decide the fate for this Sunday , not Worksop
Old 01-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post
I think the weather will decide the fate for this Sunday , not Worksop
+1 seems to get a good turn out without many members anyways seens loads didn't turn up for the propper last scheduled one to show support! Was a good turn out still in the end and a great day fingers crossed the weather is good for those that will be able to make it
Old 03-10-2014

So is there going to be a meeting this Sunday (weather permitting) or is the outdoor season over like it is on the calendar?
Old 03-10-2014

If there is sufficient interest then we could have a meeting - weather looks as though it could be good. I will message and see what response there is.