Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 17-09-2013

Default I made this!

Boy o boy I can clog this this section up. I was looking at all my cars on the shelf the other day and realized, I own 6 rc vehicals, and out the the 6, 5 of them are custom built. The only one I own that has the actual chassis it came with is my losi mini8, which work perfect so why mess w/ it. I recentley purchased a hpi rs4 3 type ss off my local craigslist for $ 40, with a plan to convert it to electric power. heres what I bought.

then 15 minutes after getting it home...pooof no more nitro!!!!

Old 17-09-2013

I decided to use a motor/ diff mount from another vehical just to make it easier to get proper alignment of the pinion/ spur gears, so I picked up one off an Axial exo and mounted it up.

I should have tried to get a spool of some sort for the ctr diff, but I ended up making one from parts I had kicking around, so basically I have no ctr diff.....perfect. With that sorted out I moved on to an upper deck. The stock piece was no longer going to work so out came the aluminum and tools.

Old 17-09-2013

then at this point I still hadn't driven this car at all, so I threw in a castle 4600kv and a sidewinder esc for a test drive.

Old 17-09-2013

after my intitial test run, I figured it was time to dump the stock chassis. Out came the aluminum and hand tools again.

Old 18-09-2013

good job
I've done something similar on a vintage buggy chassis but the gearcases expanded and the bevel gears messed up the teeth on the diffs
I hope your creation is a bigger succes
Old 20-09-2013

Wow more than 200 views and only one reply, what no one likes my junk? Pretty excitable crowd here.@ mr ed, almost impossible to screw up the diffs on this car, the whole diff assembly sits in a mount that is keyed to the chassisin 4 ppaces, then attached with four screws.I have alredy run about 8 packs threw this car without any issues
Old 22-09-2013

looks tidy! dont worry about not getting replies, the three cars i have posted up in the past have had no interest at all, hence me not posting any pictures of the updates to them.
Old 22-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgm1 View Post
Wow more than 200 views and only one reply, what no one likes my junk? Pretty excitable crowd here.@ mr ed, almost impossible to screw up the diffs on this car, the whole diff assembly sits in a mount that is keyed to the chassisin 4 ppaces, then attached with four screws.I have alredy run about 8 packs threw this car without any issues
Glad to hear that; it's frustrating when you've put all the effort in to make it neat and tidy, just to discover on its first run it works well but won't survive a single race.

I'm not posting a lot anymore since I'm not getting alerts on replies on any of the threads I subscribed to. It's been like this for over a year now and I can't imagine it's not hurting the sites popularity
Old 24-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgydiy View Post
looks tidy! dont worry about not getting replies, the three cars i have posted up in the past have had no interest at all, hence me not posting any pictures of the updates to them.
close my account, I won't be back
Old 24-09-2013

Basically I love your workmanship and ideas but its still no worlds chassis so I'm sure most people are just wondering why?
Old 27-09-2013

i like it mate and tbh you've cut the alloy nice and tidy, my cutting skills are like a 6 year olds haha keep up the good work
Old 27-09-2013

That car just screams 'give me more power!' those hpi nitro cars can handle tons of power, I'd be tempted on putting some crazy power system (castle 7700kv c/w mamba max) on 6s and make an entry to the hobbyking speed contest, you should have no issue hitting over 120mph with a hpi zonda body, but you'll need to reinforce the nose and sides and add some fins down the sides. I think its safe to say those chassis can handle more then that even...
Old 28-09-2013

err, didn't you guys read his last post? He has left the forum never to come back. Bit touchy apparently
Old 29-09-2013

i see, i only noticed the comment about no one ever replying but then selling stuff on here is the same....he'll be back...maybe.