Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 04-12-2010

Default Autumn Championships are now finished

Congratulations to everyone who took part in the clubs 2nd Autumn Championships, a pretty intense Championship with the F1 Touring Car Drivers title being decided on the night - the last race of the last round...

I think you'll all agree that the racing has been very good over the past few weeks, in fact I think everyone has upped their game and it means we are in for some cracking races now in the New Year when the clubs Winter Championships begin.

Well done to you all

Having said all that, we need to improve on the speed at which marshalls get to their post after their race. In general the actual marshalling itself is OK, but we shouldn't have to be calling for marshalls before every race begins. We are all in this together, we all know what our duties are as a racer and we would not want to be standing on the rostrum ourselves looking out at a track without any marshalls would we?

I know that marshalling is one of those areas that all clubs suffer from, but we can all work together to make it easier for us all. There are quite a few new potential members looking to join and I think we could see us going back to the numbers we had earlier in the year, so we can expect to be running 5 heats per night on a regular basis which means time will be tight, so it relies on us all to make sure we know what's going on around us. For those of you running just the 1 car then there is no excuse. For those of you running 2 cars, then yes we can understand at times you might be coming off and going straight back out to race, so let's all help each other to make the evening run smoothly...