Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 11-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Leccy 8th questions

Have been looking at maybe trying 8th but lack of pit bitch and engine knowledge has thinking maybe leccy 8th instead, so got a few questions:

1. Will any tracks/series be running leccy heats during 2009?

2. Am I right in thinking there's no defined class/rules yet?

3. Any other bespoke buggies than the D8E coming, and when is that one due out?

4. What are the simplest conversion (minimal drilling etc!) kits out and for which cars?

5. Could I use my 10th Lipo's (2 demon saddle packs) to power it, and would my receiver handle the voltage?

Sorry for all the q's, this just seems a good compromise coming from 10th to learn the different diffs/size etc without learning engines!!
Old 11-04-2009

right too answer some of the car questions.there is the losi 8-e/8-e 2.0 then theres the rc8b,caster buggy and soon truggy.for conversions i dont think you need to drill holes for any of them.novak make them so do speed passion and losi.as for batterys i dont know,im going too use 2 stick pack 7.4volt lipo packs too make a 14.8volt pack if you understand?.the B.E.C in your esc should stop your rx from getting damaged.hope this helps
Old 11-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Battery side that's cool, I'd be trying the same, anything to keep costs down until rules etc are sorted. Wonder if the RC8B is similar enough to the original for the conversion still to work? Wonder if the D8E will be out by the time the associated rc8b is!

Would probably go for a novak or speed passion approch on motors/Esc I guess, I assume even a 4.5 brushless 1/10th motor is too underpowered?
Old 11-04-2009

yea because it wouldnt be big enough motor plus most of the time you use 4 cell lipo packs and most 1/10 esc only can handle 3 cell lipo.im going with the speed passion esc and motor as well in my 8T.if you need any thing els just ask.
Old 11-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Where can the 8th-e buggies be raced? I presume nothing more than some club events.

Would like a list of clubs that are allowing these, as I am tempted too - but only if I can justify it by getting chance to abuse it often enough.

Whats the score with 8th-e truggies?
Old 11-04-2009

Default WHERE TO RACE

A couple of members at Stotfold have been running them round between heats of the 1/10, go well and myself and keith are quite willing to put on a heat as part of our normal sunday racing, we think 6 cars per heat would be about right on a 10th track. sd if you have one and want to race it give us a shout and we will try to arrange a date for all.
john