Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 14-12-2006

Default KM ZX5 conversion or new BJ4WE

My current 4wd buggy is the Kyosho Lazer ZX5. it's fully hopped up with all the PN Racing alloy parts, screw kit, composite top brace and shock towers... (you get the hint). I'm thinking about going with the KM Concepts conversion kit for it after using a buddies BJ4WE last weekend. Anyone having any input on this conversion? Is it even fair to compare the two even though they are both shaft driven mid motor chassis set-ups? Or is it that nothing is like a BJ4WE. Thanks for any info that you can share.
Old 14-12-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's the same layout but underneath it will still be a ZX5, so you'll still have to work to get it going well/reliably.
With the BJ4 you just build it and race it, once you have a starting setup that works for you the car will be good pretty much anywhere straight away
Old 14-12-2006

howdy

i had one of the first blue kmc kits. the carbon was not so good, the other parts are fine.
maybe you think im nuts, but the original chassis was faster everywhere, only on tracks with lots of 180's, the kmc one was faster, because of the bit more traction strait on
if you think, the lazer will have more turn in with the kmckit, you are wrong, it will have more understeer.
btw, why do all people have problems with the relability? if you have the graphite diff cases, there are no problem, we race 7 turn on very high grip indoor...

greetings from switzerland

Maurice
Old 24-12-2006

thanks for all the info. i just sold the car as a rolling chassis to make room for a bj4we. the track we run is usually so blown out by 8th scale and monster classes that i need a good set-up for rough, loose over hard-pack(think orange baseball infield dirt) tracks. any suggestions or starting points? thanks... Happy Holidays!
Old 24-12-2006

thanks for all the info. i just sold the car as a rolling chassis to make room for a bj4we. the track we run is usually so blown out by 8th scale and monster classes that i need a good set-up for rough, loose over hard-pack dirt (think baseball infield)... any suggestions?
Old 28-12-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to xx4-nutter

7 pissing turn !!!!!!! :O good greif !
Old 28-12-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx4-nutter View Post
7 pissing turn !!!!!!! :O good greif !
i fink the youth needs a 3.5 novak in that mate it should reach about mach 2 so he should av some fun racin the crappy nitros