Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 23-08-2012

Default Winter Race Ireland 2012 Latest Update please read

DMCC Committee
20/8/12

To all WRI 2012 competitors

It is regrettable that we will be unable to hold the WRI 2012 in October as advertised on oople earlier in the year.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104892

We, as a committee, looked at the calendar to see when was available in order to book the weekend, so drivers travelling from abroad could keep the weekend free. We only wanted flyers printed so they could be distributed at the EURO’s and at the Oople event, as we had no venue confirmed at that time.

Unfortunately, someone posted this on Oople after a committee meeting, claiming to be acting on behalf of the DMCC (without the permission of the committee), leading to questions that we as a club could not answer .That put us in an awkward position and we feel it made us look unprofessional.

The event was very successful last year and we want to continue that.

We hope to be able, very soon, to confirm that we have secured a new venue. Before we host another big event like last years’ one, we would prefer to get established in our new venue: see how it works for us and how it suits locally.

We do hope to run an event at this venue early next year before the Summer season starts. As soon as we have the information available, we will announce it on the club web site and through the google groups as this is the Clubs Official news channel.
We will also post the news on Oople.

We will hold onto all your email addresses (unless you request us not to) and inform you as and when the information becomes available.

We are very sorry about this and all the confusion some emails have caused but we feel it is better to postpone rather than trying to run an event in a new venue, without getting settled first, as this would be better for the club in the long term.
We do fully understand a lot of you will have to make travel and accommodation plans and we will give you plenty of notice so it will be as cheap as possible.

If you require further information please check out our website or email us and we will get back to you with an answer ASAP.

Many thanks

DMCC Committee

http://www.dublinmodelracing.com/
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Excuse my stupidity here but , I fail to see how marketing a potential event using flyers at 2 huge race meetings would be a good idea without a confirmed venue. How will the people who took flyers be notified of the cancellation?
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Q....Did you hear the one about the Irishman who tried to organise a race????

A....Read first post.
Old 23-08-2012

It's a cancelled race. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal and doesn't warrant a public enquiry? Hopefully next years goes ahead
Wayne
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meath77 View Post
It's a cancelled race. Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a big deal and doesn't warrant a public enquiry? Hopefully next years goes ahead
Wayne
I would agree if the race was only targetted at local racers, however when foreign racers are concerned it is a different matter. People invest alot of time and more importantly alot of money into forward planning away races, I know cancellations can't be helped at times but having all your ducks in a row before announcing I would think is crucial. 2 other recent events had similar issues, one being the petitrc which fortunately secured another venue but resulted in people losing money on transport and accomodation and, the other being the EOS round scheduled for the UK last year which was completely cancelled and again cost people money. Not great really, I would hope the reputations of those 2 remain untarnished but I'm sure some people would think twice before committing again. As we are such a small racing community I think we need to pull together and make sure this type of thing never happens again and we make RC racing in Ireland as great as we all know it can be.
Old 23-08-2012

Has there actually been a lot of money lost? Realistically I think people would have kept their diary free and not booked anything till a venue was announced.
Could be wrong though!
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Who knows, let's hope not!
Old 23-08-2012
Mad Member

Just hope lessons have been learned and whoever it was that posted the dates has had there balls kicked!
Old 25-08-2012

I have nothing constructive to say, so will remain quiet.

Last edited by Col; 26-08-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2012

Default ......

.................................................. ..................................................