Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 19-09-2013

Quote:
I can see its good for the charity but I felt it was a huge positive that everyone was going to have an equal chance of winning just the one raffle prize.
(Indeed it was a selling point in the original pitch)
I agree, I would rather just donate some money to the clubs given charity
At the end of the day..we're racers with hearts !
Old 19-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getpip View Post
That's a shame.
I can see its good for the charity but I felt it was a huge positive that everyone was going to have an equal chance of winning just the one raffle prize.
(Indeed it was a selling point in the original pitch)
+1, the original statement was "no watching the same guy walk up to claim multiple prizes with his handful of tickets"...
Old 19-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III View Post
+1, the original statement was "no watching the same guy walk up to claim multiple prizes with his handful of tickets"...
We could have a "one prize per person" rule.
So if one person winns more than one prize they should put back the second one for a redraw.
Old 19-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

I should of added that only a max of 2 additional tickets can be bought......and now that is a rule!!
Old 19-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Default FOOD wagon

I can confirm after seeing the man in the town centre that he will be making a curry and chips along with everything else that is normal with the wagon.
I must say his chicken curry is yummy!!
Old 19-09-2013
Mad Member

I think we are missing the point...... Prizes should be the least to think about, it's the charity who will benefit!
Old 19-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I can confirm after seeing the man in the town centre that he will be making a curry and chips along with everything else that is normal with the wagon.
I must say his chicken curry is yummy!!
Gold plated baps ?
Old 19-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
I think we are missing the point...... Prizes should be the least to think about, it's the charity who will benefit!
No ... Although I have nothing against the charity I respectfully suggest that if you read post #1 (bullet point 2) you will find you are missing the point.
Old 19-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I should of added that only a max of 2 additional tickets can be bought......and now that is a rule!!
Sounds good to me, put me down for two but nicely spaced apart
Looking forward to this meeting and getting my hands on possibly the best wing out there
Cheers
Robin
Old 19-09-2013

Guys

The raffle is a nice to have and an ideal opportunity to raise a donation to a nationally recognised charity. Personally I like to do something for others at this event, the club has no desire to make money from the racers or the general meeting, and as much as we had a strategic plan, we have evolved the thinking of making the meeting connect to the community and add some further developments.

Myself and I Tony put allot of effort in making the raffle/meeting as exciting and memorable as possible, further information will come out shortly, but you hopefully will be as excited as I am at the potential for all.

Remember clubs would not be there without the racers and we always appreciate constructive feedback, you are the life blood of the hobby.

Watch for further information

Cheers Steve
Old 19-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getpip View Post
No ... Although I have nothing against the charity I respectfully suggest that if you read post #1 (bullet point 2) you will find you are missing the point.
Sadly Evdoka likes to please everyone, and it is not always possible in life (but that is why we love him).I have just read the bullet point you refer to, which I understand may have excited some. But these guys are organising it and fair play to all involved by not only making a great event, but also looking after the racers and the chosen charity. As has been mentioned above, maybe once you have won then that's it.... But you can buy as many tickets as you wish to increase chances, and help the charity. Win win
Old 19-09-2013
Mad Member

We have a fantastic track with a lot of people that are all coming together working hard to put on a great event. I am looking forward to all of it!
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 19-09-2013

For me racing is about having fun with my mates, happily there is also racing involved with that too

As a bonus ther dis going to be a raffle and we all have a free ticket, AWESOME! What's more the profits are going to a good cause. What was said at the beginning was a concept, in my view the reality is somewhat better. Lets put this to bed now and look forward to a cracking days racing with your mates and enjoy the racing, and the top prize for me would be nice too
Old 21-09-2013
Mad Member

Default raffle etc

I think the 1 ticket for each entry is best, the most fair and remember the raffle is an EXTRA.

The charity option, is a great idea. charities struggle loads in this financial climate and I for one will be doing MOvember in November again hoping to raise money for the men's cancer charity.

I think the extra £5 per additional ticket, max 2 per person is an absolute awesome idea.

the prize fund for the raffle tickets from what I have read is unchanged. its the £5 per ticket if people to purchase is what's going to charity.
SOOOO

ALL GOOD. same prizes. a few people will have a very slight extra chance of winning a prize and a worthy charity gets a few quid that's well deserved.

what's the problem?

NONE at all.......

was going to make it work permitting but its full now, so have fun guys.

2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 23-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Default MORE INFO

ENTRIES
Well as many can see the entries are high and limited if any at all.
For this very reason, please please let ANYONE know if you can make it so we can fill up spaces with people really wanting to attend.
You can email me direct tony@rudebits.net or contact anyone that you can. The ideal scenario for cancelling an entry is obviously replying to the email you got from the booking in system. If you could do this it would be so much appreciated by the organisers and the racers wanting to attend

Raffle
I can inform you that the chances of someone NOT winning something is extremely small. There are OVER 100 different items and to a value of some near £2000. Yes you read that right. Fab big and small prizes and stuff not RC related too! We promised the words 'MEGA RAFFLE' and that is exactly what we want to deliver. We are actually thinking of holding the raffle between end of qualifying and the finals or would all of you prefer at the end as usual?
Lastly on the raffle debate, discussion, difference of opinions or whatever you want to call it.
If EVERYONE bought the 2 max extra tickets available (for the charity) then it would be an even battle for the prizes .....LOL

Trophies
There are trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in every final.
There are 2wd and 4wd TQ trophies
A trophy for the best under 13
A trophy for the best under 16
A trophy for the best prepared buggy
and some secret stuff not yet announced - LOL

Camping and Practice
Many have shown interest for camping. There is a charge of £7.50 for the overnight stay.
There is also the 4 hour open practice session. This has a cost of £5.00.
Like I have mentioned before, the track will not be the as race day so doesn't effect the Grand Prix.
All fees payable at Race Control on arrival please

MORE SOON
Old 23-09-2013
Mad Member

Default great stuff

the most fairest of raffles this will be.

I for one will be buying the 2 extra tickets, for charity its worth it. if I win more then that's a bonus.

We all struggle at times and charities do to.

give to receive is my thoughts.

So I say everyone should be buying the extra ticket or 2, for the better chance at a good prize AND for a worthy cause at the same time.

but if you choose not to that's totally OK to. its a Choice after all and we all make them.

Either way it looks like a great day in the making and I reckon raffle in between Q and F is better, breaks the day up a little and means those that do want to go early for whatever reason can do as many will be having a massive long drive to this awesome event.

but that's just MY Opinion LMAO!!!! I am not far away so I don't mind either way.
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 23-09-2013

Really looking forward to this weekend, sounds fantastic!

If the raffle is between qualifying and finals, that would suit us better. Long drive back to Devon after finals.......
Old 24-09-2013
Mad Member

Default start time

had a look but cant see it.

whats the gates open time so to speak on sunday, if its been posted then I am blind.

or has a schedule not been posted as yet?
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 24-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARTMAN View Post
had a look but cant see it.

whats the gates open time so to speak on sunday, if its been posted then I am blind.

or has a schedule not been posted as yet?
NOT YET till now!!

Time Schedule
The gates are open from 7 as usual - please drive down the lane in and out in an orderly fashion!!
Practice 1 will be 4 minutes in heats staring at 8.0am SHARP!
Practice 2 will follow without delay practice 2 with no changes to heats
Practice 3 will be timed at normal 5 minutes and will count for reseeding everyone.
Round 1, 2 and 3 will follow.
If you are car 1 in your heat, you get choice on the rostrum spot/position, then 2, 3 and so on.
Practice 3 therefore becomes more important than just messing around
I think from there on things have to be decided so getting started is the key

Looking forward in seeing everyone

Shop
Please don't forget that Kev Lee and Inside Line Racing are present with tyres and spares but if there is anything specific you need may we suggest you pre-order. Kev is racing so therefore will not have absolutetly everything with him.
Best to order through their website: www.insidelineracing.co.uk and marked RudeBits in the order
Old 24-09-2013

Default Need a favour

Hi all,

All booked in and really looking forward to Sunday. That was until I remembered I didn't have a 12v battery (School boy error on my part)

What I'm asking, in a long winded way, is would anyone be kind enough to let me hook on to their 12v for the day.

Many thanks