Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 12-11-2009
Mad Member

Default cat 3000 gear ratio

what pinion would you recommend for the cat 3000 running a 92 spur and an xcelorin 6.5
cheers
Old 12-11-2009
Mad Member

Default ratio chart

have found a very good site for gear ratio calculation www.gearmachine.net
Old 12-11-2009

I'v just fitted that combo in my 3000 and going to be running it down the club to night and I've put a 18 pinion and 92 spur so can see how it goes and let you know. As the instruction manual says this combo of spur and pinion will give you a 10.22 ratio.
Old 12-11-2009
Mad Member

thanks john, i am going to run my 3000 tomorrow night and was planning to fit a 19t pinion,but will wait to see how yours ran.
Old 13-11-2009

Car went okay with the 18/92 combo and the motor was warm after a heat but not too hot to touch. So will try that combo again but for next week and will try
17/89 as should give a ratio of 10.47 which is nearer to the losi motor guide sheet. As the 18/92 gave a good overall top end and acceleration but I was changing the settings for the speedo on the laptop to find the best setup for me as have been running this car with brushed motors and it's bit of a difference with brushless. So can see it being a bit of trial and error till get it right.
One thing I have done is run the speedo with a fan mounted on its side in front of it to blow air over it rather than trying to run it with out.
So don't know if your running the losi speedo aswell or just the motor with another speedo.
Old 13-11-2009
Mad Member

I have reduced the height of the heatsink to allow the fan to fit under the bodyshell, as there`s not much room on the chassis for the speedo and powercap between the servo and lipo.will run it with an 18t pinion and see if it gets hot.
cheers