Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 17-05-2015

Hi Stu,

The green rotor in the thunder power motor gives more torque than the red rotor, hence the reason Mark was stating higher gearing for the green rotor (BTW i think the rotor that is fitted from new is the red rotor. The green you have to buy and fit yourself.)

I think standard practice (correct me if i'm wrong) is to bang the timing on the thunder power up to 35-37 degree's of timing fit and run, then fettle with gearing to suit before going back to the timing.

Temp gun always a handy thing to have can be had quite cheap, but hot to the touch is norm a good indicator. Your quite welcome to grab mine out of my bag if your at Maritime if i'm not there just see Tom.

The h/king ultimates probably arent the best lipo's on the planet but bang per buck i dont think you can go wrong for £19 each and BRCA sanctioned

Have you tried trued down tyres yet?

HTH's
Shiny.

BTW you'd love our new track.

Last edited by shinytopman; 17-05-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 17-05-2015

Hey Sam
Great to hear from you buddy, and I appreciate the info on the rotors. I couldn't find any onto on them at all, anywhere!!

I will stick with the stock rotor for now and see what that delivers once the new lips come. I think they will be a good addition, but we'll see.

Ive sen the heat guns, and I have looked on amazon, relatively no cost at all so I will invest I think, could be a great addition to my kit for all occasions. I appreciate the offer yours though, your a champ.

Sadly, I am off overseas again tomorrow, and gone for two weeks so I will have the car in the hanger for two weeks, but will be back to maritime the first thursday in june. I certainly love the sound of the new track, and I did take a look on the maritime website, I think they have the new track, correct me if I'm wrong.

I raced last monday at a place in Horsham and they raced 1/16th(18th) buggys, omg they looked so much fun so i have invested in one!! haha.. I wanted more stick time, and as its a buggy I can get out and give it a rip.. they are quicker than the GT12 with the right setup and even lesser cost than GT12 so I think it will help my driving, thats how I'm justifying it anyhow!! Plus I get to run two cars at this particular venue too so I am happy..

Take a look if you've not seen - this is the FB page I found https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caris...66008613433796

Back to GT12.... I certainly hope the lipo's and gearing help the speed, the car feels like its on train tracks at the moment but feel its lacking punch and grunt...

How have you and your lad been getting on?
Old 17-05-2015

No Stu thats the old track, we made a new track Mon eve last week, Thurs was the first week the track was run.
Old 17-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucartwright View Post
Ok thanks.
I'm sensing your sponsored by Vapex...
What's difference between the different rotor colours in TP Motor?
Yes I am but I choose my sponsors on quality and performance.

Red kit high rpm, green is high torque and blue is between.
Old 17-05-2015

So now your on Facebook join gt12 circuit uk loads of info

The rotor info is on Schumacher site in the spares, lists the torque and rpm,
Old 18-05-2015

Hi Mark
Nope not on Facebook, the carisma GTB page allows non facebookers to see what is posted unlike the GT12 Cicuit Cars page... Shame.

Will check out the rotor info on the schumi website.

Strange no info on the rotors can be found on the Thunder Power page...
Old 19-05-2015

GT12 Circuit Cars (UK) is set to public
Old 20-05-2015

Hi Mark
GT12 Corcuit Cars (UK) may be set to public but you still need an account on Facebook to view the pages. I can view the pictures but not the page itself.

Carisma GTB allows non Facebook account holders to view the pages and all the text and not just the pictures. If you have any say in the matter, would be awesome if you could get the GT12 page set to the same...

Stuart
Old 20-05-2015

The only settings are to make the group public or so group members only can see posts, its set to public viewing on all my admin settings

Last edited by mark christopher; 20-05-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 20-05-2015

Sorry Mark, your message didn't make any sense to me when I read it. Can you elaborate or re-type?

My question would be, why make any social media page that try's to attract as wide a audience as possible, especially a hobby that would need to be specifically sort after, members based?

In the interest of the class and hobby, making the GT12 page truly public would give more scope. If the answer is spamming, there is zero spamming on the Carisma site and looks to have a large following.

Stuart
Old 20-05-2015
Mad Member

Well said, Stu. I'm with the great Groucho Marx on this one - "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

More seriously, how much more valuable would that site be Mark if it were public and we could all share? A lot more valuable...
Old 20-05-2015

as I said it is all set to public, the other options available is to make it members only can see posts but anyone can view the page, and only members can see the group.. it is set to public. the fact you need to be a facebook member is out of my control, its possible the carisma is a page and not a group.

given the group has over 1500 members its doing pretty well, those who don't want to join in the fun by not joining facebook, and using the options to limit what you see, what others see about you, will have to make do with here.

Facebook Tips: What’s the Difference between a Facebook Page and Group?

By Matt Hicks on Wednesday, 24 February 2010 at 21:40
The following is part of our series, Facebook Tips, which answers some of the most commonly asked questions about using Facebook. While we hope the tips we share will be informative, we are unable to answer individual questions on this blog. Visit the Help Center for additional information about any topics we cover.

Making connections on Facebook is not limited to friends. Through both Facebook Pages and Facebook Groups, you can stay more connected with everything that matters in your life—from businesses and public figures to common interests and hobbies.

To forge these ties on Facebook, it's important to understand the difference between Facebook Pages and Facebook Groups.

Facebook Pages

Like a friend's profile, Facebook Pages enable public figures, businesses, organizations and other entities to create an authentic and public presence on Facebook. Unlike your profile, Facebook Pages are visible to everyone on the internet by default. You, and every person on Facebook, can connect with these Pages by becoming a fan and then receive their updates in your News Feed and interact with them.

Authenticity is at the core of Facebook. Just as profiles should represent real people and real names, so too should Pages for entities. Only the official representatives of a public figure, business or organization should create a Facebook Page.

For example, I am an avid watcher of the American TV show "Lost" on ABC. By connecting with the official Facebook Page for "Lost", I can keep up on the latest episodes and other information directly from the people behind it.
The official "Lost" Facebook Page.
We have a team at Facebook that is focused on verifying the authenticity of Pages on the site. If an official representative or user identifies a fake, spammy or abusive Page, we will investigate and determine whether to remove these Pages at their request. Remember that you can always remove yourself as a fan of any Page by clicking the "Remove Me from Fans" link in the bottom left corner of the Page.

Facebook Groups

While Pages were designed to be the official profiles for entities, such as celebrities, brands or businesses, Facebook Groups are the place for small group communication and for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. Groups allow people to come together around a common cause, issue or activity to organize, express objectives, discuss issues, post photos and share related content.

When you create a group, you can decide whether to make it publicly available for anyone to join, require administrator approval for members to join or keep it private and by invitation only. Like with Pages, new posts by a group are included in the News Feeds of its members and members can interact and share with one another from the group.

Groups range widely, from members of a church group or athletic team organizing activities to serious topics on politics and world events or even more lighthearted themes.

Say that you and your friends have a favorite celebrity or cause you want to rally around, but you are not the official representative of either. You can either become a fan of the official Facebook page for the celebrity or cause and show your support there or create your own group on Facebook around the common interest.

For example, just as I'm a fan of the official Page for the show "Lost," I am also a member of groups created by other fans like myself. The "Lost" groups offer a way to interact with a community of people and discuss the latest theories around what is happening on the show—from what the "smoke monster is" to how it will all end.
A "Lost" Facebook Group created by a fan.
Together, Pages and Groups bring even more ways for you to stay connected on Facebook. You can help us by reporting any fake Pages you come across or abusive Groups you come across. Simply click the "Report" links located in the bottom left corner.

Nick, an associate in Facebook user operations, is excited to see how "Lost" will end

Last edited by mark christopher; 20-05-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 21-05-2015

Not sure you had to fill the thread up with Facebook nonsense Mark. A simple comprehendable answer was enough.

If you are able to remove the Facebook info I think all would appreciate.
Thanks.
Old 21-05-2015

Its relevant as it explain why you can see some Facebook info and not others, so I'll leave it there thanks
Old 21-05-2015

Haha.. fair enough Mark... No wonder you love Facebook.
Old 21-05-2015
Mad Member

Back on topic for GT12's, I've just had some under LiPo weights cut if anyones interested for £8 posted

Available in 15g/30g/50g pieces. If you want heavier let me know!

See here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167785

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 24-05-2015

Are the white o ring softer or header than the blue ones
Old 24-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHawk View Post
Are the white o ring softer or header than the blue ones
There is a guide in the manual, soft to hard, blue white red black

Last edited by mark christopher; 24-05-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 24-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
There is a guide in the manual, soft to hard, blue white red black
Just want to check as the manual says blue, white ,red, black but the set-up sheets say white blue,red,black
so thanks mark for clearing that up for me
Old 28-05-2015

Hey Chaps
Have a question about spur gears.
I am still running the kit 70tooth, I notice a lot of people run the smaller spur gear, 66 I am guessing seems more popular.

What is the major reason behind this? Is it the increased flexibility of pinions for run out? Or could it be as crude as increased speed?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by stucartwright; 28-05-2015 at 09:11 AM.