Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 09-12-2008
Mad Member

Default X - 60 Shiping To U.K. Today

Just a quick post to say we're shipping the X - 60 to D.M.S. today. Should arrive middle of next week, depending on your lovely customs.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 09-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I really hope the X-60 can breath some new life into truck racing in the UK. With Lipo and brushless they'll be so much fun to drive.
Old 09-12-2008
Mad Member

I hope the x-60 can breathe some life into truck racing too, but with an RRP of £169.99 and retail price of £144.95 it's an expensive conversion and one that is too difficult for me to justify.

I have done the math, and even tried the new math.
Each time, I get the same answer; keep the money in the bank and keep the T4 as it is

I understand all about the currency conversion rates etc., but the conversion is sill expensive - I am interested to see how much the X6 conversion kit will go up when current stocks are exhausted.
Old 09-12-2008
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
I hope the x-60 can breathe some life into truck racing too, but with an RRP of £169.99 and retail price of £144.95 it's an expensive conversion and one that is too difficult for me to justify.

I have done the math, and even tried the new math.
Each time, I get the same answer; keep the money in the bank and keep the T4 as it is

I understand all about the currency conversion rates etc., but the conversion is sill expensive - I am interested to see how much the X6 conversion kit will go up when current stocks are exhausted.
The price of the X60 falls smack in the middle of our current two kits the X6 and the X5 Squared. The volume on the X60 though is far lower than on both of our current models (in particular the X6) and therefore the cost of importing and shipping etc is spread far more thinnly on just a "few" of these as compared to hundreds of X6's at a time.

It is always worth remembering though that once you have forked out for your X60 you do gets LOTS of AE parts left over which can be sold on to recover some of the money back. More and more AE parts dont get used with every converison we sell and make, and therfore more and more gets left over each time. I personally have just sold on all of the unused new parts that I have not required form my T4 FT kit ready for my own X60. I managed to get £110 for these parts alone (chassis, body, gearcase, shock towers, carbon battery strap, motor plate, pivot mount, gear cover, decals, rear wishbones, hine pins etc etc -which was about half price for most) which leaves my T4 donor owing me approx £60, add that to the "shop" price for my X60 and my whole trucks has cost £205 which is not that bad IMHO considering that a T4 FT has a RRP of £200 and a XXXTCR is £206

One reason why the X60 is slightly more is A) the large body and decal sheet which adds just over £28 (opposed to the buggy at just £11, also B) the awesome carbon fibre battery strap which adds on its own another £20 to the value of the kit C) being a truck many other things are bigger too, wishbones etc which are all more expensive to make. These are the same reasons why there is £40 of price differance too between a B4 and an equivalent T4 in RRP pricing.

As far as the X6 goes, the current stock has already been replaced twice since the "price slump" of the £, but the price to the public remains unchanged and will do for the future. There are NO plans for the X6 to change in price at all.

If you have "done the math" already you will realise just how much quicker you will be with the X-Factory truck
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636