Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 24-06-2014

Default new dex210v2

hello folks. recently considering to get dex210v2 for indroors carpet race. I wondering is v2 any good out of the box compare to v1? Does v2 got +8mm chassis as the kit standard or needs to buy separately? I saw online exotek makes plenty of upgrades for durangos what makes me think dex isnt that good just out of the box. Does v2 needs upgrades to get it competitive on the carpet? if yes which ones most important? much appreciated
Sanwa M12
Old 24-06-2014

Hi Andrius,

The DEX210v2 comes as standard with the +8 Alloy chassis.

Full specs can be found at the kit page http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex210v2/

I have run mine indoors on carpet and it is very competitive straight out of the box.

You might want to try the geared diff in it on carpet and save the ball diff for more low grip surfaces.

Old 25-06-2014

Mine is pretty much box stock, i just have the geared diff and changed all the plastic spacers to alu orange ones and orange shock parts because i like that lol
Old 25-06-2014
Mad Member

The V2 was long overdue, hence there are so many companies with upgrades for the 210 - but the V2 has covered just about all the issues on the last kit.

One critical note though: be very wary of parts quality, particularly the drivetrain: I've had loads of problems with outdrives and driveshafts, and it seems I'm not the only person struggling with it.

Otherwise the 210 is really a solid car: I upgraded mine to a specification very similar to the V2, and it's both easy to drive, the plastics are quite durable*, pace is very good and the V2 upgrades really transform the car vs the V1 (I really noticed as I upgraded mine along the way, particularly the LWB)

*I heard the V2's suspension arms are harder, so they may be more brittle, but I can't confirm this since I run V1 suspension arms.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 25-06-2014

I personally have never had to change a driveshaft on any of my TD 10th cars and out drives either! What surface do you run on?
Old 25-06-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av4625 View Post
I personally have never had to change a driveshaft on any of my TD 10th cars and out drives either! What surface do you run on?
Before it moves too off-topic, I think you'll find a lot of answers on the problems I had in this topic - it's not so much the driveshaft durability as it is the fact that they arrive broken in the package, it's a manufacturing flaw - and so is the fact that I'm wearing down outdrives as if they're made of butter. I drive on many surfaces, but mostly low-medium bite clay and astro.

I do want to note for any potential Durango owners that part of my on-going problems is that I've seen more parts than the average driver because I've had these parts in the first place. Also, Durango have replaced all the faulty parts so far (albeit with some delay the last two times).

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 25-06-2014

Thanks very much guys. Definitely will get Dex210V2. Do i suppose to buy extra batteries shorty ones? or i can use stick ones and be competitive?
Sanwa M12
Old 25-06-2014

You can use either, i havent run a full stick pack in a wile, i like how agile the car is with a shorty, the full stick pack will make the car easier to drive!
Old 26-06-2014
Mad Member

If you already have sticks, use them.
If/When you need new batteries, get shorties...

They give you a few more tuning options with ballast and position.
Old 26-06-2014

will do. thanks for advises.
Sanwa M12