Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

Default Having it large

Well how about that then eh? 58 drivers last night - the most we've seen for many years and virtually back to the sort of numbers we had when the club first moved to Boughton under its founder - Ron Barrett.

I know it takes away from some of the leisurely approach to the racing, but with those sort of number (and 8 heats!) we really have to run to a strict timetable. 2 minutes between heats isn't much, but it's time enough to return your transponder and put your car on charge. The relief marshalling seemed to work well last night too.

We're going to try and get underway earlier next week, so it would be appreciated if people can get to the hall as early as possible. Heat 1 on the line at 7.45pm latest would be great - earier if possible so it doesn't become too late an evening for the kids.

One other thing - please can the amount of practicing inbetween heats be kept to a minimum. I know you want to see if turning that shock collar half a turn has made all the difference to your setup, but with only 2 minutes between heats and a lot of human traffic, unless you have a serious problem to resolve it really doesn't help getting the next race gridded up. Not a whinge - just a request.

Thanks to Lewis last night as well for the track design - Petit influenced at all at the end of the straight? Oh and thanks to everyone who helped put the track away

Anyway - onwards and upwards. Let's make next week even better and see if we can make Alan pull out the few remaining hairs on his head trying to book everyone in
Old 21-01-2010

58! Wicked! roll on next week!!!
Pitty i continued my naff driving on from the weekend.....must try harder!
Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats great news! FORCC is the place to be!

I was gutted I couldnt make it as I had a cup Basket Ball game at Herne Bay but we beat them so worth it!

A certain Mr Baker has a new car to try next week!.................. its very blue!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 21-01-2010

Can't believe I had to miss last night. Sounds like a great night was had.
Old 21-01-2010

was a good track but
But then by what i have seen since i have come back them seeem to be good every week
Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewie View Post
Can't believe I had to miss last night. Sounds like a great night was had.
You were missed pal - hope that whatever caused you to miss it has been sorted. See you next week hopefully.
Old 21-01-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i'm gutted i don't have a decent indoor club like Faversham near me. I used to love running at Deal, Capel etc on polished floor with 27t motors. Frantic close racing and dirt cheap!

We need more clubs like yours. Keep up the good work

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 21-01-2010
Mad Member

Thanks for the words of approval Jim. It's nice to know that FORCC is viewed in such a positive light.

I overheard quite a few people at Petit RC talking about us - people who I didn't know from Adam - so our reputation must be spreading
Old 21-01-2010

FORCC is the bestest

58 people and it sounds from this thread a few of the regulars did not make it including myself

60 soon me thinks
Old 22-01-2010

Just wanted to have my say on last weds,

wow what a turn out 58 drivers and 8 people missing from the previous week.

I know we had to run to the clock but is that such a bad thing, we pick up so much time doing it that way.

Now here is my big moan to just about everybody who runs at the club, tell me if you will where you think we lose most time in the course of the evening, well i,m going to tell you, it,s not the time we get there as Mr Crew has the hall open very early, it,s not the building of the track as yet again the same man has that one well covered, it,s not the setting up of the computer as we have probably the best man in the land for this job ie Mr Peters, it,s the bloody time it takes me to book you lot in.

Me and Jodie started the booking in at 6.30 last week and finally finished at 7.40, thats an hour and ten minutes.

Now i know some of you get there a little late at times and that i have no problem with, it's the fact when you enter the hall the first and only thing on your minds is to go out and practice and this is most of you from the top to the bottom.

The time we lose in booking in is incredable and something we must improve on, do you think it's fair that me and jodie spend so much time chasing you lot to book in.

Hope you understand where i'm coming from on this one and maybe from now on you will take booking in more seriously as could you imagine if i brought in a rule which says no practice till booked in.

Kind reagards Alan

ps feel free to post your comments on this subject.
Old 22-01-2010

Default views

My personal view i would rather have anouther round/final than practise Wednesday night was a prime example, the stage was full all the time with mixed abilitys meaning no one gained due to traffic or just faster cars tagging slower ones. the track gets smashed to bits so when you do get to the heats the track you practised on has changed, cars are either broken or not ready to go for the start of the meeting.
I know people are going to say we need to practise you cant do this but really once you have a setup in Forcc you dont change to much to warrant loads of practise, The Pettit was an example, 1x 5min heat practise no time to change much in 5min so really a waste of time!.
An extra round means you get to run with cars that are near to the same abilitys which has got to be more benificial for all.
Old 22-01-2010

Fair point Neil,

These are the points that i am looking for, please keep them coming, can not promise that they will be implemented but if we do not here them we can not consider them.
Old 22-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav4wd View Post
My personal view i would rather have anouther round/final than practise Wednesday night was a prime example, the stage was full all the time with mixed abilitys meaning no one gained due to traffic or just faster cars tagging slower ones. the track gets smashed to bits so when you do get to the heats the track you practised on has changed, cars are either broken or not ready to go for the start of the meeting.
I know people are going to say we need to practise you cant do this but really once you have a setup in Forcc you dont change to much to warrant loads of practise, The Pettit was an example, 1x 5min heat practise no time to change much in 5min so really a waste of time!.
An extra round means you get to run with cars that are near to the same abilitys which has got to be more benificial for all.

Im with Neil on this one.... when i first run at the club i went out to practice because it was what everyone else was doing, however recently i have felt less and less need to go out. Take the winter series for example when i got there late and turned up just in time for my round of qualifying. Missing practice had no affect on my day at all and i think its possible to learn more by getting out under "race conditions" with only 6-8 cars in a heat. So yeah lets get started sooner and use an extra heat as "practice" if you like.
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy View Post
maybe from now on you will take booking in more seriously as could you imagine if i brought in a rule which says no practice till booked in.

Think that's a good idea personally. Not that I get much time to practice as I'm usually fixing cars lol
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

i have to say im all for it neils sujestion as it does work if you take maritime racing for example they run practise 3Q and 1 Final and they have 8 heats pretty much every week they start racing at 8. ok you would finish at 11 ish but there is no reason we couldnt shorten practise down and start earlier and still get 3Q and 1Final.

What i will say tho as it runs at the moment its very good and is proven but i cant for the life of my figure out why Edd is never in the top heat with myself neil dave etc as we all know he will be there pretty much every other week and takes the top spot pretty much every week.

with neils sujestion this wouldn't be so bad at least he would get to race with us all once in the eve. (just my opinon)

stu
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

Stu - heats have always been sorted on the previous weeks' finishing order. If you're not there 1 week, you're not at the top next week.

I believe Ed will be back on a more permanent basis now anyway so he'll be back in the top heat.
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

hey dave

yeah i apritiate that but why isn't he put in the the lowest heat in that case.

in my opinion the heats should be done by a persentage of weeks attended and results this way you will end up with even standard of drivers in all heats for example edd comes every 2nd week and wins he would have 100% neil would be there every week and wins every 2nd other week which still gives neil a good 99% but when he misses a week it wont effect his percentage lets say for example kev lee turns up on a club night and finishes 2nd but you dont see him for 6 months he then comes back and because he finished 2nd he would have a 99% average so the heat would look something like edd neil kev etc doing it this way kev would be happy edd would be happy i would be happy because we can all have a good race other than neil running around 2 laps faster than every body in his heat edd running around 3 laps faster than his heat and kev running around 5 laps faster than his heat. can you see where im coming from.

stu
Old 23-01-2010

Default heats

For me being sad im there every week so never really happens for me, but it can be fun and can make you think about racing i.e
for example Ed comes every other week (as of Feb there every week) not always in the top heat so for him its now not a race on the track but one against the clock the same for us which can work in favour for Ed as the lower heat lets him get on with it (sometimes) were as the top heat are busy (sometimes) so busy doing the pages of the kamra sutra they slow them selves down.
I like the change never is the top heat the same people which adds to the fun .
the term youve earn't it you desrve it comes to mind
Old 23-01-2010
Mad Member

to be honest we go on wednesday purly for the racing we all like to do the best we can and we all wanna race we other people with the same ability in my opinion the championship is a pointless exersise as there is no reward for it and you would need to go every week to be in it thats why a driver gradeing system would be much better for racing than the current one in use like i said we go to race not. how it is at the moment is like marc rehinard (current tc world champion and Off road euro champion)turning up on a wednesday night and racing with the absolute beginners. it doesnt figure.

WE JUST WANNA RACE

Stu
Old 23-01-2010

Even if we had no practice and when straight into 3 rounds of qualifying then had maybe a final or two