Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 03-09-2009

Default News update on our off-road track

As you are all aware I'm sure, we have some land just north of Oakley near to the A6. We need to have a think about the facilities and equipment that are going to be needed for racing outdoors.

Russell and I have already taken a look at the land, and boy there's plenty of it, first photos are on our gallery page:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/gallery.php

Power will be needed to run the computer and the good news is that one of our current members can provide the generator, so the club will just have to worry about fuel for a days racing which shouldn't be too expensive!

Track marking - Russell is investigating plastic tubing for a long term solution, but I think with the long grass, we can get away with some initial meetings with cutting a track into the field, a car that goes into the rough stuff will not be going far.

In terms of a rostrum, again the long term solution would be a scalfolding build rostrum, but initially we have a trailer in the field which could be used.

As Russell's father-in-law owns the land, we need to arrange with Russell a suitable date in the not too distant future to run some open meetings to see how things go. I know that within the club members we already have that there are some of you with off-road cars and I know that Russell will, I'm sure, be running and I intend to run, probably in the New Year now for me once I have chosen a chassis to go with.