Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 19-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalfM View Post
Thank you for your helpful answers.
Is the layshaft of the ZX-R the same as the layshaft of the ZX-RR?
No, they are different.

Quote:
The manual about the ZX-RR contains the ZX-R manual and two aditional sides (supplemantary instuction manual). Insinde there is no different part numer for the hyperclutch-layshaft. On the pictures it looks ab bit different.
I think there is some misunderstanding here.
The Zx-r manual with the two addendum is the Zx-r MKII, basically a Zx-r version with a longer top dec but the standard Zx-r slipper.
The hyper clutch is a different one.

Check carefully all the Zx series manuals and I'm sure you will figure out what I am saying.

Lazer Zx:
- http://www.retromodelisme.com/pdf/ma...4/lazer_zx.pdf

Lazer Zx-r (with MKII addendum):
http://www.retromodelisme.com/pdf/ma...lazer_zx-r.pdf

Lazer Zx-rr supplement (hyper clutch and equalizer shocks):
http://www.retromodelisme.com/pdf/ma...supplement.pdf

Lazer Alpha 2000 (cheapest Lazer version):
- http://www.retromodelisme.com/pdf/ma...lpha_lazer.pdf

Lazer Zx-sport (cheap Lazer version):
http://www.retromodelisme.com/pdf/ma...ish_manual.pdf

Bye
Ema
Old 19-02-2014

Hi Ema,

thank you for quick answering. I took the papers in the attachmend.
http://www.retromodelisme.com/pdf/ma...lazer_zx-r.pdf
There was shown the hyperclutch. So I thought it is the bridge from the
basic ZR-R to the ZX-RR with hyperclutch.

The second link in your list ist the " normal Lazer ZX-R", I have assableled severl times some years ago.
I can not find an MKII addenum, it looks like des basic ZX-R in this maual, the manual has no aditional pages.
This is the reason, why the two pages in the attchment seemed to be the direct upgrade - with hyperclutch.

I will follow your adwise an take a look at the different manuals.

Thank you very much for your patience, I m sorry for my stupid questions.

Regards
Ralf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page_001.jpg (205.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg page_002.jpg (174.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 20-02-2014

Default slipper

Ralf M, If you have a lazer zx layshaft and the la59 lazer zxr slipper/drive plates, all you need to do is file a flat in the zx layshaft for the grubscrew in the zxr slipper/drive plates to tighten against.
Then like james said get some associated high torque pads (part number 91170) and trim about 2mm of each flat to fit the kyosho spur gear.

This is what i have used for months with 6.5t brushless and lipo with no issues.
Old 20-02-2014

Hi rob m,

thank you, that sounds good. I think you meen the LA-56 (Drive Hub Set),the LA-59 I have not found on the explodet view in the ZX-R manual.
I will look for a new LA-56 (or LA-59, if I`m not right). (edit)

Regards
Ralf M

PS: Thanks ofcourse to all other helping guys. Nice forum!
Old 20-02-2014

Quote:
Hi rob m,

thank you, that sounds good. I think you meen the LA-56 (Drive Hub Set),the LA-59 I have not found on the explodet view in the ZX-R manual.
May be the slipperparts from the kyosho triumph I got can be used with this aditional flatet point on the layshaft from my ZX. Otherwise I will look for a new LA-56 (or LA-59, if I`m not right).

Regards
Ralf M

PS: Thanks ofcourse to all other helping guys. Nice forum!
yes your right la56. Can still buy them from ebay uk.
Old 21-02-2014

Hi guys,

I am still thinking about getting a slipper in my Lazer ZX, I will try the advise from rob m.
Putting a flat spot on the ZX-layshaft to fix LA-56 with the screw an using the slipperpads.

But there is still an interesting question. How will the Lazer ZX works with a combination
of LA-6 (Type1) or LAW-4 (called Type 3 in the Lazer ZX manual) instead the LA-56?

If I understand it correctly, the Type 1 with LA-6 oneway gives more power to the front-wheels, when the front-wheels start spinning. Type 3 oneway rear (LAW-4) works in the other direction and gives more power to the rear- wheels. LA-6 and LAW-4 are not fixed on the layshaft by using a screw.

Now the question; how will it work in comination with the slipperpads instead of the diff-balls?
Different power to the rear or front during the slipping-time? So it´s no more a 3.diff ?!.

Does it makes any sence?

In a very old thread in onother forum (2004), I read a posting from welshy about the relation front to rear 50:50, or 60:40 however the 3.diff is loose or tightend via using LA-6 or LAW-4.

I have modified an paricular explodet view to show you, what I mean.

Be sure, that I will be very happy about your helpful answers or advises.

Regards
Ralf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slipper1.JPG (32.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 21-02-2014

I think i know what you mean. Are you wanting to know how the drive to the wheels would be if the grub scew was removed from the la56 ( not fixed to layshaft ) compared to the la56 being fixed to layshaft?

My guess would be that the drive would go to the lightest wheel.

How about this idea, remove grub screw from the la56 and use 1 associated high torque slipper pad ( part number 91170 ) on one side of spur and use 1 associated white slipper pad ( part number 9603 ) on the other side of the spur gear, this way the end with the high torque pad will get more drive. Doing this will not just send the drive to the lightest wheel as easy, it will give the drive something like a 60/40 split and should be less likely to go to the lightest wheels.
Old 21-02-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

First of all i have LA8 and LA55 layshafts so will be up for a trade for one pair of OT16 alloy version for the Lazer ZX or two of the OT16 plastic versions for the ZXR so let me know what layshaft you want.

Secondly the zx slipper system was at its time superb but as Terry has also said its now out of date and too complex. Yes i got on with it but rebuilds were a pain as it was a pain to get the setting right. Better to get the newer version where its 50/50 drive train and some like me prefer the one way which is a benefit if you dont use the brakes or if using brakes tighten the one way for total four wheel drive.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 21-02-2014

ive just got the 3 racing zx5 knuckles from ebay. They are identical and will work but i did have to machine .85mm off the lower king pin boss. Just waiting in them to be anodized black.
Old 21-02-2014

Hi,

thanky you rob m and welshy for the fast reply and explanation and especally for your offer abouth the layshaft, welshy.

if I have all missed orders together and the postman has delivered the ZX-RR, I will proof an give a feedback.

PS: Normaly the technik at my other hobby is a bit bigger, also the screws and bolts:
http://www.ralfmeierwolfhagen.de/15202/26753.html
http://www.ralfmeierwolfhagen.de/15202/30253.html

best regards

RalfM
Old 21-02-2014

Ralf, its been twenty years since my last ride on a bike, but i like, side car is great for the dog.
Answer UK team driver
Old 23-02-2014

Welshy: Yes my dogs love motorbikes and sidecar, especally the travels in their trailer. To legalize such a single-wheeltrailer behind a sindecar or a motorbike is in germany very difficult.

Back to the lazer-theme:

My ZX-RR arrived in very poor condition. But the hyerclutch, the spurgear, front and gearbox, the diffs are ok and I transplantated them ton my ZX.
The motorplate is a little smaller. I had not time enough to test it together with a 10T brushless Tacon-Motor.

How ist the quality of the equalizer-shocks from the ZX-RR?
Better, equal or lower quality as the golden shocks?

Regards
Ralf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040808 (Kopie).JPG (105.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 23-02-2014

The equalizer shocks are just as good. I think you will prefer them. They are basically identical in design to the kyosho shocks that are being sold now.

Quote:
Welshy: Yes my dogs love motorbikes and sidecar, especally the travels in their trailer. To legalize such a single-wheeltrailer behind a sindecar or a motorbike is in germany very difficult.

Back to the lazer-theme:

My ZX-RR arrived in very poor condition. But the hyerclutch, the spurgear, front and gearbox, the diffs are ok and I transplantated them ton my ZX.
The motorplate is a little smaller. I had not time enough to test it together with a 10T brushless Tacon-Motor.

How ist the quality of the equalizer-shocks from the ZX-RR?
Better, equal or lower quality as the golden shocks?

Regards
Ralf
Answer UK team driver
Old 23-02-2014

I have now three different low budget brushless motors
1. ezrun 13T with finned cam (380 inner size)
2. ezrun 10T with finned cam (380 inner size)
3. Tacon 10T (540er size)

The 1oT ezrun has more KV (3900 watt unknown??) labelt as the 10T Tacon (3500 and 900 watt).
Which one would be better (faster?)
I think, the Tacon has more torque, cause he is bigger and has more weight.
But whats about topspeed?
My ESC has only 60a.
I put a similar question any days ago in the electric-forum but did not get an answer.

Have a good start in the next week!

Regard
Ralf
Old 23-02-2014

Ralf, im not certain your esc is good enough for the job, mine has several hundred amps and would advise buying a better esc with motor.

Ive an LRP SXXTC and is superb and cannot fault it or any LRP products as they work really well, but am now upgrading to an HPI Flux Pro esc with a motor and would suggest a 10t motor.

Maybe someone else may have an opinion as well as dont just take my word for it.
Answer UK team driver
Old 24-02-2014

Hey iso, a little payback for all my Canadian brothers from the last time that you guys beat us in hockey

Don't be mad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Team Sweden Ikea silver medal.jpg (72.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 24-02-2014

The match was rather good.
Answer UK team driver
Old 24-02-2014

Old 26-02-2014

Speaking strictly as a fan, it was kind of boring to be honest. I would have much rather it been a back and forth game with each team trading goals along the way. That being said, if I was on the Canadian team, that's exactly how I would have wanted it to go. Just flat out dominate and come away with a win. It would have been a different game if Sedin, Backstrom and Zetterberg had played but the Swedes still would have had their hands very very full.
Old 26-02-2014

Default hyperclutch

I have assambled the hyperclutch from the damaged ZX-RR into my ZX.

Unfortunately the part no. 190 (supplement) is damaged. It seemed to be a very small trust-bearing. Can I replace this part with washers or a normal bearing?

As I have tested the hyperclutch yesterday, than was it nearly impossible, to produce enough pressure with the spring. The slipper dont stopped spinning. So I took the other springs (TM-19, they have a form like waves ans the limmiter-washer) for more pressure. Only by going this way I get the brushless 10T running. So I think it ist important, to get anough pessure on the spurgear and the combined plate (Part 192 from the supplement-view). May be the slipperpad ist to old or is wared out, I have ordered a pad for the aasociated stealth (Isobarik gave me a link)

BTW: While using the ZX-Diff and no slipper, I had a very good brake, ecpecially on the front. Now, with the 3.diff out an using the hypercluth, the brakeperformance is not as goog as before. I have nothing changed on the features brake adjustments of the esc.

Regards
Ralf