Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 01-05-2008
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple
Default RCVoice Speaks Out!

One of oOples latest features, RCVoice, has spoken out for the first time! The blog can be read by clicking on the 'Blogs' link along the toolbar at the top of each page.

To discuss the latest blog ('Young Guns that need Reloading') in the oOple forum, please follow this link:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10373

RCVoices introduction was posted earlier this week:

" The view from aloft my soap box...
Good day RC racing fans, and welcome to, what I hope you will find, is a positive new addition to your oOple.com visit.
Allow me to introduce myself, I am the RCVoice, your all new oOple RC Blogger. Every fortnight I will be posting a new blog, it will often vary in length but hopefully will never wane in entertainment or interest.
The idea behind this combined venture between myself and the fantastically innovative and original oOple team, is to give you an insight into my own personal RC driver experience (of which there are many, many years worth at all levels), useful advice, my views on where the sport is heading over the next few years, my take on any controversy or industry details and hopefully, and perhaps most importantly, this will be a useful base for you to visit and enjoy on occasion, the sometimes lighter, and the not so serious side of RC racing in the UK. So that on occasion, when things are perhaps not going so well in your RC life, you’re unhappy with an aspect of the sport/hobby or you’ve had a particularly frustrating day trackside or even had a disagreement with a shop owner, referee or whatever, you can read the blog, which will hopefully entice your “INTLT” factor- “I’d Never Thought of it Like That!” and remind you why you invest such time and money into your racing- FUN!

In addition, you can send in any questions you may have or topics for blogs that you wish, and the best ones will be responded to in my “column” every fortnight. It is preferred that you stick to RC based questions but that is your only limitation- be imaginative, perhaps don’t always go with “how often should I clean my bearings?” or “which car is best for me?” There are answers to this sort of thing all over the internet, the idea of this blog is to give you something new to think about in what is such a fun and interesting sport. So go ahead, ask a burning question or ask for a write up of opinion on a more diverse aspect of the sport and send them via PM to Mrs oOple who will direct them to me.

The blog is for all types of RC enthusiast from beginner to pro, and I really hope you all like it. My first blog entry will be online by the end of this week and you can of course discuss what is posted in the forum, though I will not personally post to the forum direct.
‘til the start tone sounds...
RCVoice "

Last edited by jimmy; 01-05-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

the voice is the feature
go go Rc voice
Old 02-05-2008

Sometimes I hear voices in my head...

GO FOR 'EM DOGBERT!!

Please visit:
WATT RC CARS

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=562&dateline=12565680  10
Old 03-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertobdq View Post
Sometimes I hear voices in my head...

Are they R/C voices?
Old 03-05-2008
Lee-Mag

The voice is right, at the moment off road especially i strong in the uk, but in 10years time when the likes of Neil, tricky,doughty,bloomers are all into there 30`s and are possibly tied down to other commitments,who is going to pick up the mantle?

We have some good U16`s and juniors but from what i have seen there is nobody that has the god given talent of a cragg or taylor at the age of 10.

I remember qualifying for a junior finals meeting (possibly 94/95, worcester i think) tricky won and doughty won the U16 section right now were stuggling to get 2 competitive heats.

Possibly the idea of bringing back a stock class at regional level or a Radio race car style series (oOple series???) Or possibly utilising the RTR chassis and using that as a base for a beginner class.

There are options, its just finding the time and people to back it up

(im off to build up a car or the3 year old)

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 03-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Problem is kids don't seem to be as involved with hobbies these days, unless it can just be turned on and used they don't seem interested. Another parallel that seems to be experiencing the same thing is computer gaming with more people abandoning their PC's and moving to consoles, as it can take some effort sometimes to get a game running well on a PC it's too much like effort.

That post made me feel old
Old 03-05-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Another thing that i dont think helps is that its not as easy for kids to find jobs these days my mum went into a bakers once and she get herself a bread round and my dad help his dad do his milk round. but now with all these health and safety rules kids cant work more than this many hours after school and this and that. The employers dont want the hasstle. So kids dont want to spend there money on tyres they want to spend it on the new confangled came console. Boring as if you ask me. I love racing!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe one day ill win a national.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 03-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
Problem is kids don't seem to be as involved with hobbies these days, unless it can just be turned on and used they don't seem interested. Another parallel that seems to be experiencing the same thing is computer gaming with more people abandoning their PC's and moving to consoles, as it can take some effort sometimes to get a game running well on a PC it's too much like effort.
Guess this is where some of the recent technological advances should come in. If someone can produce a full brushless + lipo + spektrum RTR package for a good price then you have removed the effort of motor maintenance, changing crystals and changing cells.
I would imagine a brushless/spektrum/lipo B4 RTR with a geared diff could get close to what the 'plug & play' generation demand from an RC car.
Old 03-05-2008

Isn't out there some rtr from Losi or Traxxas that includes all that? I mean, lipo, BL and Spk? Anyway, new rtr's are just horrible toys, mucho more show than go.

GO FOR 'EM DOGBERT!!

Please visit:
WATT RC CARS

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=562&dateline=12565680  10