Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

Default Tamiya Dyna Storm

Hi,

I'm looking for a Tamiya Dyna Storm, either an original or a re-released kit.

Ideally as I want it to be a shelf queen to share the shelf with my TA414M2, TRF415MSX, TA05 IFS-R and TRF501X WCE, I would like either a Brand New in Box or a New Built Kit with box and instructions, other than that I would consider a good condition complete used kit for the right price?

If you or you know anyone thinking of selling their Dyna Storm, could you contact me, either on a post here or via PM.

Thanks
Dez
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 04-02-2009
Mad Member

Due to being messed around by DaveG28 on this forum,

first contacting me and offering me a kit and now after a week retracting the offer

I'm still in the market for a Dyna Storm.

All genuine offers considered.

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 04-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok, don't want a huge row on this but you've put it on a public forum so I feel a right of reply is fair:

You decided, without having seen the stuff, that I could fit 2 kits and all the spares and extra bodies etc in 1 kit box and how much that would cost to post, and ignored me warning it may not be possible. I have since spent time trying to de construct everything enough to get it in, and failed. I'd suggest in future taking the sellers advice on what it takes to post items and then deciding if the price is fine, not dictating to them.

The only thing I should have done is warned you Monday night when it became clear to me I couldn't fit it all in, rather than wait till now. In the meantime someone else may want to buy it who can pick it up and this avoiding me the time sorting postage etc, but it's up to them. I haven't tried to up prices by setting you off against each other or anything like that, the other person has just been friendlier and easier to deal with, and I can actually meet his criteria!

Finally, I would hope most people I've bought/sold to on here haven't had problems with me, but am always happy to discuss by PM if not!
Old 04-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
You decided, without having seen the stuff, that I could fit 2 kits and all the spares and extra bodies etc in 1 kit box and how much that would cost to post
OK, firstly, I requested if it was possible to fit the 1 and 1/2 kits into the original box, I'm sorry but I didn't at any time demand or decide this was to be done!

Quote:
I have since spent time trying to de construct everything enough to get it in, and failed. I'd suggest in future taking the sellers advice on what it takes to post items and then deciding if the price is fine, not dictating to them.
You did not offer any advise, you said with the 2 kits you have and the amount of spares you have, you would have to see if it was possible to fit all you had into the box and then you would get back to me on last Saturday. Again I've not dictated to you what you should have done, I requested if it was possible and what the price would be if it was!

Baring in mind we had already agreed on the price of the kits at £65, I was just awaiting the cost of posting, either one or two box's once you had come back to me!

Quote:
The only thing I should have done is warned you Monday night when it became clear to me I couldn't fit it all in, rather than wait till now.
Very True and this is what I was waiting for very patiently until 2 hrs ago.

Quote:
In the meantime someone else may want to buy it who can pick it up and this avoiding me the time sorting postage etc, but it's up to them. I haven't tried to up prices by setting you off against each other or anything like that, the other person has just been friendlier and easier to deal with, and I can actually meet his criteria!.
OK this may be true, but giving me the price you want then accepting another seller is a little off I feel.

As for being friendlier, what have I done that is not friendly, I asked, publicly for a Dyna Storm, You replied you had one and a half for sale, I accepted and asked for postage costs, what wrong or unfriendly about that

Quote:
Finally, I would hope most people I've bought/sold to on here haven't had problems with me, but am always happy to discuss by PM if not!
I PM'd you on Saturday and this afternoon, you didn't reply?

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 04-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Some of that is misleading, some sounds like misunderstanding, and one thing I cocked up I've held my hand up to.

BUT, if it's so off of me to have agreed to someone else buy it (if they do, its up to them, and for less money by the way!), why when I said Wed night I'd try and look at what could go in one box on Saturday were you posting on your wanted thread last Thur/Fri saying you had payment waiting, were still looking etc!? Your claiming above that the sale was agreed at that point with only postage costs to agree and we shouldn't have accepted offers from other people?! I quite reasonably assumed given what you'd said on postage, and given you were posting you were still looking, that you were still looking elsewhere for one and we didn't have an agreed sale!!

Finally, this should still be private, not public, especially when much of what is being written is inaccurate!! I am only replying (and to as little as I can bring myself to!) to your issue, I'm trying very hard not to air issues in public. I'd think it's only common courtesy to be very careful about being 100% accurate when slagging someone off in public

I respectably suggest you continue your search for a car, and not spend your time on here slagging me off unless your 100% accurate in what you say. I still wish you luck finding one, and the guy who suggested Tamiyaclub have a good point, I'd try to ask on there too.
Old 04-02-2009
Mad Member

OK,

Last reply on this subject.

I was accurate on my post's!

I was looking for a shelf queen ( IE a new in box ) and still am ?

You offered a secondhand one, so as well as the Queen, I was going to use yours a racer at my local club. So I would get the best of both worlds.

nough said.

Conversation over.

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 08-06-2009

I just got a NIB orginal Dyna Storm this past weekend. I may be willing to part with it if the offer is right. I will get you pics later today.
Old 09-06-2009

The pics are posted here: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...735#post251735