Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > USA

Old 12-06-2008

Default I guess I will start off the USA posting

Hello to all. My name is Michael. I am known in the forums as RURC. Just say it like a question "are you R/C?". I live in Florida, Saint Petersburg (Tampa Bay area) to be exact. I try to be an informative as possible. I have been in this Hobby / Sport for almost 30 years. I will post things I am working on or have done. I do a lot of testing for several manufacturers. When I am allowed I post everything I can. I really specialize in running brushless. I do a lot of conversions. Here is one of my most fun ones...

This is an XLB from XTM. It is a 1/6, 1/7 scale 4wd buggy. I have converted it to brushless electric. I bought it off eBay for $75 USD and spent some time figuring out how to lay it up. Well here is a set of photos.....

No body on it and that is my B4 in the background.

Here it is from the side. Note the batteries. The packs in there are 2 X 3 cell lipos at 10,000 mah. I have run this with 3, 4, 6 and 8 cells. It is really a fun car.

Here it is with the original body. I am painting a new one today and hope to get a photo up later.

Any questions or comments please give them. I will post other projects and try to help anyone with any problems I can.

Thanks.
Michael....... 3 Phase Racing / Schumacher / Max Amps / Tekin Brushless / FMA lipo chargers / Neu Motors / Multiplex 707 / Adrenaline Racers Club ........... Photo 1/8 Schumacher GTR-e blowing the doors off the nitro guys
Old 12-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Welcome to the world of oOple!!!!

It's nice to see you guys over there looking at rc stuff over here!!!

Thats 1 mad car you have there as well

DC
Old 12-06-2008

I always watch Europe. I spent 13 years with Porsche in Germany and have great memories of my time there. Robin Schumacher is a friend of mine and I live about 20km from Schumacher USA now. I spend a lot of time with the people of Schumacher. A great bunch and a great product. I own 6 Schumacher cars I think, it may be more. Their recent push to work with lipo and brushless is a direct result of myself and Shawn Palmer (he runs Schumacher USA) pushing and showing what it can do. I have video of Robin driving my converted Havok and being blown away with it.

Well thanks for the great welcome. I think we will all benefit from talking to each other.
Michael....... 3 Phase Racing / Schumacher / Max Amps / Tekin Brushless / FMA lipo chargers / Neu Motors / Multiplex 707 / Adrenaline Racers Club ........... Photo 1/8 Schumacher GTR-e blowing the doors off the nitro guys
Old 12-06-2008
Administrator

Hey Michael! welcome!
Dave is an American also but for some reason he's over here - but we don't mind since he brought all the Vodka with him and incidently saved us with it in Japan!

That thing is MASSIVE!!!!! did you have to make lots of bits yourself?
Old 12-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Hey Michael! welcome!
Dave is an American also but for some reason he's over here - but we don't mind since he brought all the Vodka with him and incidently saved us with it in Japan!

That thing is MASSIVE!!!!! did you have to make lots of bits yourself?
I had no idea that we (America) were known for vodka. But hey I learn something new every day.

Yes I made everything that needed to be made. That includes the battery holders, motor mount, motor plate, mod the pinion, servo mounts, esc mount, etc. The motor mounts were the first ones made for the 15 series (39.6 mm) Neu Motors. I still make the best ones . The battery retaining straps are from Tanic Packs.

Thank you for the good words.

Last edited by RURC; 13-06-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 13-06-2008
Mad Member

hey Michael nice to see you on here

hope you enjoy your time on here as this is a very good forum with great members & a good sense of humour.
some real knowledgable guys on here too as well as good racers

looking forward to your input
Old 23-07-2008

Hello everyone.

I am also in the states but on the other side (california) I have been a fan of oople now for a few years. I seem to log on just about every day. Kinda wish I was over on that side of the pond though. Seems that alot of the innovation (narrow chassis, mid motor, etc) comes from europe. I have always run schumacher but when the cat3000 started to lag in performance over here I switched to AE. Im runnin the S2 and ACB44 now and LOVE them. one of 2 s2's in the states and to my knowledge the only ACB44.

RURC welcome. Like the BL setup.
You say you have a few schumachers eyh..... would you possibly have a cougar2 (team or works)?

David Church, I race almost every weekend with your battery sponcer Keith (slingshot batteries). Way cool guy!
Old 24-07-2008

I did have a Cougar. It was the the FACTORY car. The one used for photos an such. Also it was the test bed for new stuff. It had a polished aluminum chassis. I gave it back to Schumacher as a historical artifact. I have known Robin Schumacher for years.

Touring racer

Havok converted to brushless

The other Havok converted to brushless

Big 6 sold originally with a Lotus body. I made this great Ferrari body from Ofna fit.

GTR-e. Over 120 mph has been achieved with this one. It will go faster but I cant keep it on the ground. I am working on a chassis plate with serious venturis (sp?) in it.

Old 01-08-2008

All those rides are sweet. Id like to do a nitro to electric conversion someday.
Old 01-08-2008
Lee-Mag

Hi Michael,

Good to have you on board, will you be going to the Jconcepts Clash in december down in fort lauderdale? it would be good to see you there and maybe one of your projects

Lee

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 21-03-2010

Send a message via AIM to snoninja93

hey my name is tyler im from america also waterbury ct i also post on rc tech i have the same name there

whopes i did dint see that this thread ended like 2 years ago
reedy 5000 7.4v lipo
Old 04-04-2010

Wow, I thought there would be at least a few more American's in here. Well...I'm David from Tucson.
~D
Old 04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCRACEMAN View Post
Wow, I thought there would be at least a few more American's in here. Well...I'm David from Tucson.
~D
There are many Americans here, most dont put there LOCATION up