Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 02-01-2012
Mad Member

Clearly I need to read the entire thread...
Old 02-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
Are there any places left for this race?
last booking in date 15th December
( http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=60664 )

but may be worth asking Nicolas webmaster@petitrc.com or contacting Ardent ?

good luck
Old 03-01-2012

how do I go about paying for this event... I've booked in and put down payment method as 'bank transfer' as I dont have paypal nor do I intend to set up a paypal account.

How do I do the bank transfer... dont I need to know the recipitants bank details in order to transfer funds??? where can I get these from???

Can somebody confirm exactly how much it is to race... I'm only gonna be racing on the saturday under the 2wd class.

Thanks, Jon.
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post

Nicolas you really need to clear up some issue here my friend
Yes it would be nice to have some official clarification both on tyres and the other bits people are asking about.

Also is it timed practice on friday?
Old 03-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker 2 View Post
how do I go about paying for this event... I've booked in and put down payment method as 'bank transfer' as I dont have paypal nor do I intend to set up a paypal account.

How do I do the bank transfer... dont I need to know the recipitants bank details in order to transfer funds??? where can I get these from???

Can somebody confirm exactly how much it is to race... I'm only gonna be racing on the saturday under the 2wd class.

Thanks, Jon.
Entrys should be closed by 17th December as per this link-> http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2012/rules.php
But you may want to email Nicolas,contact on same link
Old 03-01-2012

Default DBoots for Petit

Just seen this on Petit RC site:

!!! Warning!!!

Citation:
1 mistake has been written on dboots website!
As written since the beginning the right info is dboots tyres must be used on all axles, including non-driven axles.

dboots will amend the wording on the dboots website immediately.
Old 03-01-2012
SHRCCC Legend

If they are sponsoring it's only right they want their tyres on all axles, like the MK GP was Fastrax front and rear and Area 51 is Schumacher all round.
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
If they are sponsoring it's only right they want their tyres on all axles, like the MK GP was Fastrax front and rear and Area 51 is Schumacher all round.
If they want the tyres all round surly they need to make a 2wd that works, like the block pass or similar. The fast trax were rather poor hence you dropped them, I was hoping they had seen sense and allowed schumacher fronts.

Last edited by Col; 03-01-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
If they want the tyres all round surly they need to make a 2wd that works, like the block pass or similar. The fast trax were rather poor hence you dropped them, I was hoping they had seen sense and allowed schumacher fronts.
Made me chuckle that did

Fastrax are great on Grass as per last years Fastrax GP proved but they would not have been good on the carpet for the GP.

Do the fronts not work then

Last edited by Col; 03-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2012

This whole event is becoming a joke because of tyres! I called MB Models today, they are a great shop and are going to be supporting the event but they are not allowed by RC disco to get the tyres yet. They can only collect them on the Thursday before the event and restricted to selling 2 sets to each driver per class on the morning of the event.

Now the latter I think is good because it stops team guys running a new set per run and I don't want more than 2 sets anyway but the former, in terms of time scale, its going to be madness. Arrive, get set up, booked in, buy tyres, get them glued and dry for practice. Wow! I hope it turns out fine in the end but this has slap dash written all over it.

I have no problem with using dBoots tyres but why didn't they make it 2 sets of something we can buy, test and have ready. We could turn up relaxed, having an idea of what to expect from the car ready to race, Lovely.

I'll make a prediction now, it'll be a Durango team driver that wins. I wonder why that'll be!
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Made me chuckle that did

Fastrax are great on Grass as per last years Fastrax GP proved but they would not have been good on the carpet for the GP.

Do the fronts not work then
With pins on the front my vega will turn up it's own ass. Saying you can only have two sets is a bit odd especially considering you can run any D boot so you could have as many sets as you wish. This is turning farcical at a huge rate of knots. My Durango eats tyres.
Old 03-01-2012
SHRCCC Legend

I'm not going so won't say too much but to limit two sets is very odd. Are they going to tag the sets they give out so people only use two sets? What's to stop you buying others before hand and keeping them in your car etc?

Odd. Coming Thursday night?
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

It would appear that it is only the nano-byte that is limited, you can buy and run as many sets of other Dboot tyre's as you like which is odd, Surly a control tyre is a tyre that is set in stone. It is a bit wishy washy, to say the least. I think some things need to be clarified, is it 100% that you can run any dboot or will we turn up with other Dboots and then be told we can't run them, I don't think 2 sets will last on my Durango it destroys tyres.

If some aficionado could shed some light that would be great.
Old 04-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This gets better the closer to the event we get

I did the event last year, the thought of driving there,getting in,sorting pit spot and gluing at least 1x full set of tyres before practice, and thats without joining the line and waiting to collect and pay for tyres, I hope for MB's sake they run a real slick operation in the morning as 120ish drivers all heading for the shop at one time, PDQ machine better be working faster than last year

should have taken a page from proline events if you run a control tyre, collect tyres at booking in!

Also what the hell is the point of not releasing the tyres before the event, if its Dboots tyres who cares were you get them from in the uk, they are going to have come from RC disco, dboots arn't loosing out?

shambles,from someone who was on the ball enough to change the cancelation date when he recognised entrants had the opertunity to run at another large event on the same day this may be a top event for top drivers...but the rest who pay for it seem to be treated like cattle

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 04-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It is getting a bit dumb now, if we only have 2 sets per car that's got to last through the open practice day too or are we getting them Saturday morning? Doesn't give much chance to get to know how the tyres work with the surface, hmm

You never know though one set might do all of practice and the entire meeting given the crazy grip levels last year - then we'll all be moaning about having lots of tyres left over
Old 04-01-2012
Mad Member

I starting to wish I hadn't bothered with this one. The tyre situation is bizarre.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 04-01-2012

Be nice to see something from the organisers on here. I'm fairly sure he must be checking forums. Also be nice to have an updated driver list.

Bally told me it'll be limited to max 2 set per car. So Rich, yes they'll have to do practice day and race day. And thats if he's allowed to sell them on Friday. I might be wrong but the impression I got was they'll go on sale on Saturday morning.

The interesting thing I have been thinking is the Nanobytes are only in the harder A compound. Would the B compound terrobyte tyre be better. I know thats not a bad carpet tyre. I've been thinking would I prefer a yellow mini spike to a blue mini pin? Thats effectively the choice. Then we could turn up prepared and not take part in the tyre farce.
Old 04-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Any chance of an entry list?
Or at least how many in each class?
Old 04-01-2012
Mad Member

From Petitrc,
'Hi Cham and all,

We recommend the A compound NanoByte tyres for the PetitRC race. Any dBoots tyre in any compound can be used, but the A compound NanoByte tyre is the fastest.

Inserts will NOT be included with the tyres. Racers can use any insert. Of course, no additives will be allowed.

The tyres have arrived in the UK. They will be on sale on Friday 13th at Ardent raceway, and throughout the weekend from the on-site shop at Ardent raceway.

This is the first time the tyres will be commercially available.
'

hope this helps
Old 04-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Any chance of an entry list?
Or at least how many in each class?
I'm sure there will be a space for you on both days if you fancy a late entry mate