Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 25-09-2012

Default Mardave next series

are we changing to brushless rules next series and are we going to allow shumacher super stox
Old 25-09-2012
Banned

I hope so! mines all built up!
Old 25-09-2012

Hi all Mardave drivers, I have been discussing this with Kevin Appleby and he thinks we should put the options of which rules we race under to all the Mardave drivers.

The rules which Kevin and I have been looking at are based on the BRCA - GT12 Construction and racing rules. see link :- http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=sect...les-2012/13572

This I think would meen that we had 2 classes one running Stock G2 motors and another class running approoved 13.5 Brushless.

Another difference is that it would open up the make of car to both Mardaves and Shumacher.

What do you think ?????
Old 25-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I hope so! mines all built up!

what thats a first

sounds okay Eric better put in a 13.5 motor in my car then
Old 25-09-2012
Banned

Yep 13.5 sounds good!.........

Mardave or Superstock! Should not make a huge difference really!
Old 09-10-2012

I for one think the idea of allowing brushless is a great idea. I'm soon returning to Ribble after around 6 years away to try my hand at GT12 again. Im guessing the brushless will allow the use of 1s lipo aswell?
My only thought is that is it necessary to split the 13.5/1s and g2/Nimh drivers into seperate classes. The speeds generated by both setup's are almost identical so no one has an advantage.
Brushless will ultimately make the racing fairer and cheaper in the long run as from what I remember my silver cans were great for around 8-10 meetings them dropped off.
I've read a lot into the gt12 class recently and the only problem really is that many speed controllers or servo's do not operate correctly without a voltage booster (around £30) an can still be tempermental. The likes I the LRP SXX and it's Nosram equivalent work perfectly with 1s but most do not.
Luckily however, due to the growth in the GT12 class nationwide specific 1s speed controls are starting to be made by manufacturers. The most popular nationally are the Hobbywing 1s which retails at about £100 and the Fusion Exceed at around 70. For me though te best speedo for people would be the new Core RC Pace 45, it retails at £49.99 and is a specific 1s speedo so no boosters etc will be needed.
Be aware however that as I mentioned earlier so newer digital servos do not work so well on 1s Lipo (Savox being the main culprit) so voltage boosters may still be needed in some cases.

That said, once the problems are ironed out this will make the class very competitive, fair and inexpensive in the long run. I for one cannot wait to race my 'Dave.

Hope this helps a few people,

Chris
Old 10-10-2012

Default mardave classes

We will not be splitting the mardaves by class. We will continue to split by ability which will sort the faster drivers from the slower. We may have to identify the two classes with coloured tops so that racers k ow a much faster car is trying to overtake. We have already tried the two classes together and had onlyminor problems.
Old 10-10-2012

Are diffs going to be allowed?

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 10-10-2012

yep you can run diffs
Old 10-10-2012

Smile GT12 class racing @ RVRCCC

Yippee,

Like the idea of opening up the Mardave class to include SupaStox

Got some pennies to come from a website job soon, so I want to get one.

Also opening up to brushless is a good idea.

If RVRCCC wants to keep the class open to budget racers, how about limiting the cost of motors and or speedo's as some clubs do ( Only a suggestion to help those with limited budgets ie:dads wallet )

Should make for interesting racing as looking at clubs darn sarff that have a lively mix of Daves and SStox the mix is a lot closer than first appears with Daves taking the lead if only by 10ths per lap as well as G2 motors being quick as brushless. ( Advantage with brushless minimal maintenance and longer runtime with lipo )

Roll on payday
Old 11-10-2012

There will be two classes of Mardave :-

Class 1 = Any Mardave V12 or Shumacher single piece Chassis with G2 Brushed Motor - NO Diff - Batteries 4.8v NIMHs

Class 2 = Any Mardave V12 or Shumacher single piece Chassis with upto 13.5 Brushless motor and Diff is allowed - Batteries 3.7v Lipo.

If you need further clarification please ask.

Eric
Old 11-10-2012
Banned

Class one should be the Li-Po class
Old 11-10-2012

When does the new series start?
Old 11-10-2012
Banned

Tomorrow my friend!
Old 15-10-2012

Default Gt12

Firstly welcome back to the sport Chris I will still kick ur A*** (Dan Critchley), firstly After along weekend away at the nationals this weekend.... Its opened my eyes how the club should run these classes.. This is my proposal after thinking on the long drive home. We have to allow the two brand to race together or it's like saying only Losii race losi etc.....

Too keep the club upto date and with current trends... I really do feel that their should be two classes...
Stock....
Modified....

How ever the terms stock and modified need to be a little clearer to old older guys ( you know who you are!!!!)

Class one
Stock = standard mardave tin can motor with 4 cells in either mardave or superstox.

Modified = 13.5 brushless, 1 cell lipo, Blinky mode...

For both of above.
Any body shell, any modification the chassis, tuning components etc inc diffs etc....

The only thing that will split the two classes is the types on motors , which means in fairness the brushless race with the brushless. And the brushed race with the brushed.

How does is sound?

As for the buggies?
Their should be two classes again a 2wd and a 4wd, I have never know at any other club to have the two types of cars running in the same heats, this don't happen at national level.

The issue here is how the computer system is set up.... The classes used to be called buggies so any driver that booked in a buggie could be in any heat on matter what ability level how ever as I have said above have two sepertate classes.

Happy to hear you opinions

Dan Critchley
Old 15-10-2012

I think Dan is a little behind in what is happening at the club. We have allready setup both Mardave Stock and modified and Buggy 2wd & 4wd last Friday. Unfortunately Dan was not there to see it. The way we have to run 2wd and 4wd buggies together is not because we want to but because we are limited by time and how many racers we have on the night. This is the same issue with running Mardave stock and modified together. At most national and major events Time is not an issue because the events are usually full day events.

Last edited by ericd2477; 15-10-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Needed to add more
Old 15-10-2012

Also you are always better running club meets on ability other wise it causes chaos
Old 17-10-2012

hi lads i know this isnt anything to do with the next seris but just wondering cud i use a schumacher superstox at rvrccc thinking about doing a bit of it cheers heath
Old 17-10-2012

yep buddy that is what I am going to run for the winter
get one and we can have a few close races like we did with the buggys
Old 20-10-2012

Default driver standards

we need to sort out the men from the boys (and girls Rachel lol), as fridays mardave classes was a nightmare as back makers was in the way. is thier any way we can sort the faster guys from he slower ones.