Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 02-02-2013

I found the same sort of results when I went from pins to foams in the summer jenski. Don't see the issue, get some foams and don't worry about buying tyres for a friday night for the next few YEARS instead of weeks. Makes racing more affordable for everyone!
KF, XB4 2014
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenski View Post
I did some interesting back to back testing last night. First heat on foams my faster lap was in the mid 11's. in round two put some mini's on and I recorded a slightly quicker faster lap and found the car was possibly a touch slower round the corners but I could go so much quicker over the jump at the end of the straight the overall lap time was nearly the same.

So for me there is nothing in it other than the cost implication. Minis last s couple of meetings, my foams are two seasons old and will easily do another year yet.

Did you not find the car to be more consistent lap for lap on the foams?
I stuck a set foams on Vaughns car the other week it made him 2 secs a lap quicker and far more consistent so for us foams are deffo the way forward should save me around 40 quid a month on tyres I might stick a set on my 2wd and see how it performs
Old 03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
Did you not find the car to be more consistent lap for lap on the foams?
I stuck a set foams on Vaughns car the other week it made him 2 secs a lap quicker and far more consistent so for us foams are deffo the way forward should save me around 40 quid a month on tyres I might stick a set on my 2wd and see how it performs
It was interesting to see the difference really, on foams it was more precise and you could get really good lines but on pins it was far more forgiving and you gained a lot of time on the jump. I think a lot of it is down to driving style and preference. I ran my 2wd in the final due to me trashing the diff on my 4wd and it was really nice to drive on foam and I finished 4th overall which was decent enough.
Ansmann Short Course

South Lakes Model Car Club
www.southlakesmodelcarclub.co.uk

See us on Facebook