Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 14-05-2013

Default Not the 2wd champion.

it appears that I am not the 2wd champion. my main rival (adam) was given 103 even though he didn't race in the final as he broke his car, could someone explain why he scored points as I was under the impression that you had to complete a lap to score points.

Thanks
Old 14-05-2013

I dont know the rules about laps, but dont u have to have 7 scored rounds? Which would if Adam does nit complete either of the next two would make u champion.

Personally I think the championship should be determined by taking the biggest difference between this championship and the previous.
Amazingly that would make me champion, unbelievable!!!

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 14-05-2013

I quilified 4th in the A, the only 2wd in the A Final so nobody could finish in front of me, I did all the hard work before the finals, was unlucky me car got smashed up, but still I put it 4th overall
Old 14-05-2013

Agree the hard work was done getting to the A, so probably deserve the points.

However I remember last year, in the last round I had car trouble and was told I had to at least complete a couple of laps in order to get my final points. Managed to keep the car going so there was no further debate.

Probably worth Pete/Eric clarifying the rules.
Old 14-05-2013

Eric awarding the points and updating the league should be clear enough if he didnt think they shud be awarded he wouldnt of done it adam was the top 2wd afterall beating most 4wd even , but it is down too erics discression on how points are awarded
Old 14-05-2013

I have spent a bit of time looking through the ribble website and cannot find any rules for the championships other than the rules from summer series of scoreing for seperate classes.
There is an oople entry about the best 7 to count.

I can understand Callums fustration with this. Glad I am not eric or peter.

May I suggest that neither score and give all points to me?

Old 14-05-2013

Hi all, I wanted to check the computer before I commented because I too thought you had to complete a lap to get your points. However there appears to be no logic in the Race Programme that we run that I can see which would do that. It must be the bonus for qualifying better. Sorry Callum. - Eric
Old 14-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd2477 View Post
Hi all, I wanted to check the computer before I commented because I too thought you had to complete a lap to get your points. However there appears to be no logic in the Race Programme that we run that I can see which would do that. It must be the bonus for qualifying better. Sorry Callum. - Eric
Eric, thanks for clearing that up as I, Callum and others were also under the impression that you had to complete a lap to collect any points.
Old 15-05-2013

Talking

Would not worry about it ime still waiting from 3 years ago
for my first place trophy. There is an empty place in my
trophy cabinet.
sorry pete could not resist
Old 15-05-2013

If it was any other place or final i can see peoples point but as its ribble were classes are mixed , and adam was the only 2wd too qualify in the A final there for couldnt drop any points even if he had run and finished last i dont really see the problem if adam had been running 4wd then it would off been a diff matter or if callum had qualified in A then he would of beat adam by jus finishing thats the whole point of qualifiying in my eyes anyways
Old 16-05-2013

thanks for your opinions, to be honest it would have been a hollow victory if I would have won it like that, cant wait for tomorrow as I'm running the new vega, very excited to see the outcome of my dad and mattk's battle.

callum
Old 16-05-2013

Oooooo replacement vega chassis. Nice

I hope the old mans ready for a lesson in racing!!!!

Its a good close contest.

Old 18-05-2013

After last night's results are we any closer to learning who the 2WD champion is?

If not, I like Matt's idea about awarding it to the most improved driver from the last round. That is mainly as he told me last night I would be in second place

Thinking about it, that might just be part of his cunning plan.......
Old 18-05-2013

I think it all stems back to the etiquette that was established in the 80's - when you are unable to compete in your final (for whatever reason) you had to relinquish you final run therefore promoting the next driver down and so on. This would have meant that Adam could have only scored points for qualifying and not for the final, which in my opinion was the right thing to have done it would have also promoted Calum to the A final as well.
Old 18-05-2013

Saying that, I could of run Wayne or Courtney's 2wd for one lap and still finished in the same place so no different at all,
Old 18-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adprim View Post
Saying that, I could of run Wayne or Courtney's 2wd for one lap and still finished in the same place so no different at all,
Which would have been the right thing to do or even complete the race with the other car - not having a dig or anything but why should anyone score points for a race they have not taken part in?
Old 18-05-2013

I think there are a couple of points in all this, if ur car is broken and unable to compete before the finals u should advise race control and pull out. This has been generally accepted as the correct way to behave for many years. If ur car breaks in the final, then that is the way it is and score points as normal.
The water was muddied on this because in this case Adam could have used a different car to compete if he wanted to or had too, but decided not too as nobody could challenge him for his points.
For me, u either race or withdraw and not the option which was chosen, but that's just my opinion.

Old 18-05-2013

Well said Matt
Old 19-05-2013

Glad to see its not just me with the view it was wrong. Nobody is taking anything from Adam, and we all know he is quicker than Calum and the majority of the rest (me included) but winning a championship by not running in a race is just not right.

I must say that although returning to the hobby after a long lay off I still believe Matts position to be the accepted norm! No more handbags please
Old 19-05-2013

Might be one of those agree to disagree moments;-)