Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-12-2011

Default Spektrum rx

Hi people.

Anyone tell me if the sr3500 works with the dx3r??

Thanks
Old 20-12-2011

Yes it will.
The DX3R and DX3R Pro will work with both the DSM surface receivers like the SR3500 and the DSM2 ones like the SR3100 and SR3520.

HTH
Old 20-12-2011

That's what I thought but Im having trouble binding them. My sr3100 is pretty quick to bind but this sr3500 just doesn't want to. Its so simple to bind can I do something wrong!!!
Old 21-12-2011

Hmm. Strange.
I've bound other DSM1 receivers to my DX3R without any issues but there are a couple of things to possibly be aware of.

1) The DSM1 receivers like the Sr3500 will take longer to bind than the DSM2 ones - DSM2 is faster - so I would expect it to take a bit longer - maybe even upto 1.5s

2) I've experienced occasions when the Tx appears to be too close to the Rx and moving further away from the Rx results in a successful bind. Cant really explain why other than perhaps the 'shape' of the 2.4GHz signal results in a blind spot when very close to the model

3) Lastly, try binding it whilst the Rx is being powered directly from a separate receiver pack with the Esc unplugged. This can make a difference during an initial bind process when the Rx is new - especially if the ESC is also new and not calibrated to the Tx. It seems that some cases, power can be interrupted to the Rx if it doesn't receive a known Tx signal within a time-frame. This appears to be ESC specific - can't explain why but it could be that if the bind is taking too long, that the Rx power feed is being shut off - either by the Rx itself going into a fail-safe condition or by the Esc having not been sent a recognizable position signal from the Rx. Difficult to explain but something that I did experience with the Castle ESC and something that I resolved by binding the Rx whilst powering it with a separate rx pack with the Esc unplugged.

I've never had an SR3500 but the DSM signal is no different to the other DSM1 receivers like the SR300 so I wouldn't expect an issue.

Failing that - can you bind the Rx with any other Spektrum DSM Tx? Is it a brand new Rx or a known one? If you're still stuck after trying the above, try contacting Horizon Hobby UK and talking to one of the guys in service there. They really are top notch

HTH
Old 21-12-2011

i have tried all the things you said but still no luck!!
looking at other threads on hear they also say it should work!
It is a new receiver actualy i have two and have tried them both,