Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 04-02-2014

What about mardave full spikes as a control tyre.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 05-02-2014

Rally asked me a question, and a valid one, in the other thread.

When I didn't want to buy tyres every week for Ribble, what did I do at the events I did race at?

The answer is I bought tyres. However, I see a difference in buying tyres to race at Chadderton and Worksop which are large, monthly events and buying a set of tyres every week at Ribble just to stay competitive with your mates.

On the other weeks I raced 8th Nitro at either of the three great tracks we've got fairly locally or at the regionals. At these events I hardly ever bought tyres. It sounds daft but 8th cars will get 3 - 4 meeting out of a set of mini spikes. If its really warm and dry, we'll run pins and get 2 - 3 meetings. Granted they cost £11 a pair rather than £7-8.

I've said this to a few people, I think Nitro, once you've bought into it, is cheaper to run week in week out than 10th. I'm sure they think I've been sniffing the fumes though.

Getting back to topic, Rally made a great last comment that I fully support. Any changes must suit the majority. We all need to consider that and not propose change thinking only from our own view point.

I'm happy to concede I could be wrong, I don't think I am because look at the success the club is enjoying. But the AGM results will tell us either way.
Old 05-02-2014

Matt have you been sniffing fumes ?
Old 05-02-2014

The smell of nitro fuel gets me up in the morning

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 05-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattK View Post
The smell of nitro fuel gets me up in the morning
Thought so .
But on a more serious point , my personal opinion on the Foams or No foams decision - I think it is too big an issue for a few people at the AGM to make this decision. I will be proposing at tonight's Committee meeting that we give the facts to all the Buggy drivers and then take a pole of them all.
Old 05-02-2014

Lightbulb To Foams or not to Foams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd2477 View Post
Thought so .
But on a more serious point , my personal opinion on the Foams or No foams decision - I think it is too big an issue for a few people at the AGM to make this decision. I will be proposing at tonight's Committee meeting that we give the facts to all the Buggy drivers and then take a pole of them all.
Sensible suggestion there Eric Could create ballot papers that have yes/no options to be returned at a meeting.

Happy to print them to be handed out. I like the idea of a Club newsletter e-mailed to registered members. Quarterly ? and/or news notices.

I'm happy with the current layout series, change of track in mid series rather than every week - gives slower racers time to learn track foibles.

Practicality of any changes have to be a factor i.e. bigger track, more jumps, Astro turf, minimum ride height etc. I've seen two clubs in the last two years that catered for big jumps, Table Top etc struggle to get the numbers.

Ribble numbers show that in general terms regular racers are okay with the current operation.
Old 09-02-2014

Thumbs up

Seems all the good discussion is now to bed waiting for the AGM on the 10th. I'm looking forward to that, especially as the venue is a pub!

I've got a cunning plan to invite the missus out for a drink so she can drive home

Anyway something else to throw about, Lee has just explained the rules around points, an extra three for TQ, two for second and one for third.

I really don't get that because I've always thought qualifying is against the clock and rewarded by grid position. Awarding points turns each heat into a race.

As I say I've only just noticed this. Could it be the reason many people have voiced concern over driver etiquette? Just a thought and maybe another for the AGM?
Old 13-02-2014

why not just run, any car, any tyre, no rules? Making things more level for all competitors makes it boring, plus, no one is ever really on a level playing field regarding driver skill, amount of money spent, latest car, skill in building/setting up a car.

Chuck touring cars in with buggies, any tyre you want, slap some more jumps/rough sections in there? People then set up their cars to suit the track.

At the end of they day they are toy cars, running indoors on carpet... not exactly true scale replicas of real cars, running on real world surfaces.
Old 13-02-2014

Hello

I am not a member but am known at the club my name is Lee Chorley

I am a member of southport and occasionally race at ribble,

all the committee at ribble in my opinion do an excellent job in running the club. when I do race at ribble I don't care if im last / first whatever I just like the atmosphere, when I have been their and not raced I have helped the younger drivers with setups to improve their driving as they are the future of this sport, whether you are running rubber or foams it shouldn't matter, the people who go to race go to win and the people who go for fun are their for a good night.

by putting restriction / control tyres in place it will only turn people away.
(like the dirt hawgs) as long as the young kids are kept safe and the cars don't damage the track just keep it going,
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk