Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South West

Old 10-03-2014

Default 4wd round 1 2014 report

Just a quick report on the 1st round of the 4wd South West Regionals 2014. We were greeted by some great weather for the first round of the Southwest Regionals at Mendip Rc Raceway which is a full astroturf track with some great natural features to test the skills. We had 22 drivers turn up including the defending champion Paul Field. Just a brief summary of qualifying saw Martin Owen take round 1 onto round 2 and 3 saw defending champion Paul Field take both rounds in back to back fashion so going into the last round of qualifying Martin Owen would have to take the round win to take tq as he has the fastest time of the day so far by a very small margin. Round 4 sees the drivers take off on a mission to get in a good final round score with Martin Owen Paul Field and David Belsten running in the top 3! David Belsten running at a great pace and a minute to go he was closing the gap on Martin Owen to take the round win on the last lap and handing the Tq to Paul Field.

Finals
The A final drivers Qualified as follows

Paul Field - Schumacher K1 - Team Schumacher
Martin Owen - Schumacher K1 - Southwest RC
David Belsten - Yokomo Bmax 3 - Southwest RC
Tom Knowles - Schumacher K1 - Southwest RC
Mark Field - Schumacher K1 - Southwest RC
Dan Harding - Schumacher K1 - Southwest RC
Ben Martin - Schumacher K1 - Team Schumacher
Andy Nancollis - Yokomo Bmax 2 - MB models
Bryan Burrows - Xray Xb4 - SMD
Steve Hawkins - Xray Xb4 - DHR

C - Final
This was a 2 car final between Reece Needle and Alex Goode. Reece took the win with a great drive from both these young and upcoming drivers.

B - Final
Tq man for the B final was Tony Goode who after a very clean start by all was being chased down by Alan Paynter with is B44.2 with Alan getting through on Lap 3 and never looking back taking the win.

A - Final leg 1

At the Tone Paul Field and David Belsten got away with Tom Knowles making a great overtake on Martin Owen to slot into 3rd place with Martin Owen back in 4th after lap one Paul Field and David Belsten came together at the end of the straight letting through Tom Knowles and Martin Owen with the latter getting past Tom Knowles only to have Tom pushing him bumper to bumper with some great driving from Tom Knowles! when suddenly Martin Owen has a problem and pulls of the track to which Dave Belsten caught up Tom Knowles and got in the pass and never looked back for the Round win with Andy Nancollis taking second and Ben Martin in 3rd.

A - Final leg 2

Again a great start by the top 4 with Martin Owen getting through to take first place with Paul Field pushing him hard on the opening lap with Martin Owen making a mistake and having a coming together with Paul Field only to get the luck of the accident and still get away in first place to which he never looked back and took the round win with Paul Field finishing 2nd and Mark Field taking 3rd.

A - Final leg 3

With the overall win still up for grabs this was going to the wire. At the tone the front 4 were off with a racing accident at the first corner David Belsten was off in 1st and Paul Field in second with Martin Owen back down in 8th! As the race progressed David Belsten had opened up a good lead and on to take the win which he did making him the overall winner. Paul Field held his lines together to take a great second place with Martin Owen making a charge through the pack to get all the way back up to 3rd with about a lap to go and securing himself 2nd place overall with a tied score with Paul Field but taking the place on tie break with best points.

With our final result after 3 legs being the following.

1 David Belsten
2 Martin Owen
3 Paul Field
4 Andy Nancollis
5 Mark Field
6 Tom Knowles
7 Ben Martin
8 Dan Harding
9 Bryan Burrows
10 Steve Hawkins

Was a great day racing and well done to all and hope to see you all for our next regional which is the 2wd 1st round in Torquay on the 6th of April.
Old 11-03-2014

Good Report Martin

I look forward to the next one.

2014 & 2013 BRCA 4WD 1/10 Off Road Southwest Regional Champion
1998 BRCA 1/10 IC Circuit British Champion
www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.WESTCOUNTRYRESORTS.CO.UK
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 11-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Field View Post
Good Report Martin

I look forward to the next one.
Cheers Paul quite hard to do when racing! it was about all I could remember from the day I think I will try to take some notes at the next one!
Old 11-03-2014
Mad Member

Honestly...I'm really disappointed Martin...

I know you were racing at the time, but I was hoping you could shed some light on how I managed to finish 2nd from 8th in the first leg?!?!

You should really get your peripheral vision sorted for next time

Have to say, although the start of the day was a bit hectic with running the new software, which worked a treat incidentally, I thoroughly enjoyed my day! Had some really great racing with Ben and others at various times.

Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 11-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
Honestly...I'm really disappointed Martin...

I know you were racing at the time, but I was hoping you could shed some light on how I managed to finish 2nd from 8th in the first leg?!?!

You should really get your peripheral vision sorted for next time

Have to say, although the start of the day was a bit hectic with running the new software, which worked a treat incidentally, I thoroughly enjoyed my day! Had some really great racing with Ben and others at various times.

I should have been watching really instead of sulking in the other direction because some idiot put the rear diff in the wrong way round
Old 11-03-2014

Anyone lost a Schumacher 4wd? Any offer over 50 quid paypal gift and its yours......one point its got the diff in the wrong way round....oops
Old 11-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPaul View Post
Anyone lost a Schumacher 4wd? Any offer over 50 quid paypal gift and its yours......one point its got the diff in the wrong way round....oops
Who would be dumb enough to leave there car and charger behind
Old 12-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That would take a real special person to do that
Old 13-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
That would take a real special person to do that