Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 18-01-2012
Mad Member

Exclamation EGM - Griffeen vs. Elsewhere

Hi all DMCC Members,

As hopefully all of you know, an Extraordinary General Meeting for all fully paid up 2012 DMCC members will take place in late February - details to follow.

The purpose of the meeting will be solely to vote (probably by anonymous ballot) on whether we stay in the Naul for the Summer or go back to Griffeen Valley in Lucan for the summer. The meeting will not be a discussion forum with an open floor - instead, a summary of the key factors to be considered will be given to the membership, followed by a short questions and answers session through the chairman before the vote.

There are several major pro's and con's to each venue, including location, funding, fixed costs, weather, continued thursday night racing, size of track, facilities etc etc etc. The club committee will be producing totally impartial data sheets for each venue to help you decide.

I hope that club members will use this thread to ask the questions that you need to know well in advance of the meeting so that there is no confusion on the day.

The club committee members are on this forum regularly, so an answer should be swift.

Regards,

Will
Old 18-01-2012

Just a couple of questions from me
1. has anyone spoken to the landlord in the naul to be sure how long the place is available to us?
2. if we dont go back to lucan is it possible we will loose the use of it?
3. Do we know if those members currently paying the fee towards rent are willing to pay for the summer?

cheers
Lee

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 18-01-2012

If i am not mistaken Lee i think from listening to the lads what they where saying that it was the end of october or november. Stand to be corrected of course.

As for the others two questions i would say they would be part of the pro and cons for the venues and I would imagine that anyone paying would have to be given a option to continue or stop paying regardless but that would most likely be a option on the day as this may even be a deciding factor towards which venue is voted for.
Old 18-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Just a couple of questions from me
1. has anyone spoken to the landlord in the naul to be sure how long the place is available to us?
Yes, I spoke to James. He told me that the guy in the end shed wants to take ours when we move out in March. He went on to say that he would "talk to us" about staying on.

Quote:
2. if we dont go back to lucan is it possible we will loose the use of it?
The new tenent in the shed may not want to move out in October. So there is a good chance we will have to find a new home.

Quote:
3. Do we know if those members currently paying the fee towards rent are willing to pay for the summer?
I've only discussed this with 3 of the 15 that pay currently and they are all committed to paying for the summer.
Old 18-01-2012

cheers lads

www.dublinmodelracing.com
Old 19-01-2012

By " talk to us" I assume that the landlord wants an increase in rent ?
If we do a deal to stay on for the summer are we still out next October or does that only apply if we don`t take it for the summer ?
Old 19-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartstuffer View Post
By " talk to us" I assume that the landlord wants an increase in rent ?
If we do a deal to stay on for the summer are we still out next October or does that only apply if we don`t take it for the summer ?
If we do a deal to stay on, I'd expect it is ours until we decide to leave - whenever that may be.
James also suggested an outdoor track (astro or dirt track on the concrete) as an option - but I think indoor is preferable.
Old 19-01-2012

If a deal can be done I would see it as a missed oppurtunity to let it go,
possible option would be to keep the Naul and have an outdoor/indoor c/ship on say 6 days during the summer at Lucan + whatever ?
( mainly so as not to let Lucan go )
Old 19-01-2012

hi all...I dont know all the implications about rent,availability....but if we have a choice to stay in the naul we should...I have not seen the interest in our sport so high in years..ever maybe.everyone is talking about it...and without question this is because of the venue ...we all want to keep the momentum going as much as possible..speaking to a lot of people including myself would not be looking forward to going back to grass...there's also a doubt if we would...what was talked about last year is a possibility of an outdoor track at naul..is there any talk of this?...only of course if we were to loose the indoor venue..
we are on the map now...England are talking about it too..my bro is telling me also of the great reports about naul said to him..possibilities of future great international meets look favorable...long may it continue...
Old 19-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
hi all...I dont know all the implications about rent,availability....but if we have a choice to stay in the naul we should...I have not seen the interest in our sport so high in years..ever maybe.everyone is talking about it...and without question this is because of the venue ...we all want to keep the momentum going as much as possible..speaking to a lot of people including myself would not be looking forward to going back to grass...there's also a doubt if we would...what was talked about last year is a possibility of an outdoor track at naul..is there any talk of this?...only of course if we were to loose the indoor venue..
we are on the map now...England are talking about it too..my bro is telling me also of the great reports about naul said to him..possibilities of future great international meets look favorable...long may it continue...
Well said mark i agree with you the interest in the sport now is great we are even convering onroad racers to off road!!
Old 20-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
+1 I'm not a member (yet) but I think if its at all possible to hold onto the venue it would be great for the sport! I would be willing to join in the bunch of people that are paying towards the rent and i'm sure that more would help to support if that's what's needed to hold onto the Naul. I have have zero interest in racing on the grass in Lucan but thats just my personal choice!

Keith
Old 20-01-2012

hi all
yes my opinion is that the naul is currently a better venue for the club

i originally thought that is was to far out and not the proper site for future development but i have been proved wrong

we have seen more members join in the last year ( hopefully it can continue ) and with dave and mark from the north ( to name but a few) who come down regularly
i think now we will have to consider the site or nearby BETTER THAN LUCAN as a future because of the facilities and for future member growth

i hopefully will get a chance soon to talk to the owner and see what the future plans hold

Lets hope it just gets better

that is just my opinion

graham
Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

I would suggest the comittee of the DMCC do all they can to keep hold of the current venue. I personally have never enjoyed my racing as much as I am nowm
Old 20-01-2012

Incredible venue! Cling on to it with all your might!!!
Old 20-01-2012

A great venue with the added potential to do anything you want to do. Would be a shame to let it slip away. We can only dream of a similar facility up North.
Old 20-01-2012

I Have never been down to the Naul nor have i any interest in Off-road, But u cant deny what the facility has done for the sport over the past year, week on week more and more people are talking about the Naul and the resurgence of Off-Road.
As a Member of the UMCC committee who is trying very hard to get our own Indoor facility up North i would say dont let this pass u by
Old 20-01-2012

I agree with what everybody has said.

I think what the Naul has proven is that if you have a good venue lads will want to race (build it & they will come type of thing)

Considering the support on this forum + what others are saying, if the club needed to raise the race fees + monthly rental fees I think most of us would see the value in this to keep the Naul going.

If we can get enough members to commit to paying a monthly rent + maybe look at raising race fees a bit I think the figures will look very healthy.

It's really amazing what the club has achieved, lets try & keep this going for as long as we can

Kevin
Old 30-01-2012

I'd be happy to pay higher race fees or pay the monthly rate to keep the naul. It has too many advantages over Lucan.

Wayne
Old 14-02-2012
Mad Member

Hi all,

I have bad news about the Naul
Unfortunately, due to the Biomass process facility being approved by the council and various reasons including excessive odour - we no longer have an option to stay in the the Naul (either indoor or outdoor) after the RCCAOI round in March (25th).

So, if anyone has any ideas please let the committee know. We are looking for a secure outdoor site in north county Dublin to consider.

Regards,

Will
Old 14-02-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Sorry to hear that guys - that was a great venue and you had all done amazing work setting up the track.

Its certainly not the end of things though... merely a transition.
Good luck