Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 20-10-2012

Default Last nights racing

Great night last night guys crazy amount of people racing more than 70 I think fantastic race control as always run very smooth. Great to to see so many helping pack away and clean up
Old 20-10-2012

Great that the mardaves have moved with the times i think the modified class championship will be very interesting this series.
I think it would be a good idea for all drivers to publish what esc and motor they are using just to keep tracks that everyone is legal for the championship.
Old 20-10-2012
Mad Member

What is interesting is that a nimh brushed set up won the A final..... :-) get in!
Old 20-10-2012

Sounds like it was a good night. I was travelling back from Germany so missed.

Car is now sorted, hopefully, so will be there next week with any luck.
Old 20-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
What is interesting is that a nimh brushed set up won the A final..... :-) get in!
yea but people are supposed to drive round people in the final not through them I was in 1st place until I kept getting driven into there was also some very dubious lap times in that final 8 sec laps not in this life time lmfao
Old 20-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suggy007 View Post
Great that the mardaves have moved with the times i think the modified class championship will be very interesting this series.
I think it would be a good idea for all drivers to publish what esc and motor they are using just to keep tracks that everyone is legal for the championship.
I think thats a really good idea as mine is a core rc esc running a 95c one cell on a tekin 13.5 and I was slow compared to some the strange thing is tho there is a few of us that are exactly the same speed your car suggy and mine were identical down the straight and i bet your running a different 13.5t motor so why are others alot quicker
Old 20-10-2012
Mad Member

I had a clean race and always make clean manouvers if i take someone out i generally stop and let them go back through, (seems old skool these days but back when we used to race touring cars back in the day that kind of sportsmanship was encouraged, less so these days with no commentary and auto starts) and to be fair I think every one had 1 8 second lap at some point.
Old 20-10-2012

I am using a novak gtb2 esc with a Fusion exceed 13.5t motor. The esc is permanently in blinky mode.
I know dan,kev and dobs all have blinky mode turned on and all have 13.5t motors all legal.
I know there are certain 13.5t motors are a lot faster than others but they are all brca legal for the championship.
I think we need someone doing spot checks to see if we r all in blinky mode and using 13.5t motors otherwise i can imagine people will start adjusting timings etc and the racing will get out of hand.
Old 20-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
I had a clean race and always make clean manouvers if i take someone out i generally stop and let them go back through, (seems old skool these days but back when we used to race touring cars back in the day that kind of sportsmanship was encouraged, less so these days with no commentary and auto starts) and to be fair I think every one had 1 8 second lap at some point.

unfortantly I was not one of the 8 sec ones but I agree even tho its mardave you should make sure you take people cleanly not go through them I ended up with a 20sec lap because of it and lost the lead
Old 20-10-2012
Banned

It's the abilitys that's the issue.
The lower abilities are racing with the faster cars.

I'm running a Tekin RSpro & Reedy Sonic Lipo with a 13.5 RX2
Old 20-10-2012
Mad Member

Basically you can expect crashes to happen with a tight track and with it being mardaves which are lightweight and sometimes twitchy but it should be announced more about racing sportsmanship, if you havent found a gap then you've no way through even if your faster. It's about putting pressure on and waiting for a gap to appear or them to make a mistake
Old 20-10-2012
Mad Member

Also a common problem I see on a numerous places I've raced is back markers not being aware of race leaders and not moving over and then racing them and in the end taking them out this is one thing that should be clamped down on at more clubs as its very annoying
Old 20-10-2012

I know mardave is more of a fun class that was the reason I have gone back to it from the buggys because I want a bit of fun racing on a friday night.
But when you get taken out when you are leading is a bit annoying

im just abit worried that running a modified class my take the fun out of it but there was a few cars in the heat and final that looked lost in it
Old 20-10-2012
Mad Member

Run more heats with less drivers is the solution A,B and C final. That way you get more people winning finals
Old 20-10-2012
Mad Member

But then again with 70 drivers it would be difficult
Old 20-10-2012
Banned

Yep, That would be the idea scenario, But its not going to happen in the time scale. Ribble Valley is doing great at the moment, The only hold back is the time.

Also could one of the Race Controllers / Committee confirm what the agreed drivers cap was? I'm sure we said 65.

With well over 70, That could have made enough time for a 3rd heat?
Old 21-10-2012
Mad Member

It's a very nice problem to have, as I find it amazing that in this climate over 70 drivers is amazing! Very well done! I had a brilliant night well beyond my expectations first time back with a mardave in years and qualified for the A final in the chaotic first heat and then won it from 8th! All in all not too many complaints on a great layout especially for mardaves and very well run meeting
Old 21-10-2012

Default fridays racing!!!

Some good post and ribble is a great club good to see the hall packed

as for me kev and dobs we are all running bilinky mode and 13.5 motor as they have not changed since the nationals last weekend.... As for timing advancing on motors it does not state in the rules that you cant avance the timing or not it only refairs to the timing modes of the actual speedo... the Rules a almost the same as the GT12 national rules for Ribble.... We was able to advance the timing at the nationals, the aim of these new rules is to try and bring them in line with the GT12 rules at national level, which most clubs around the uk are now running at with this new and up and coming class...

if you have any issue relating to the rules or need them explaining in more depth, see with Kev..

me- Tekin rs pro(bilinky mode) Reedy Sonic 13.5 (20 degee timing) lipos-Noram,orca and (My new orion Carbons will be raced on friday first time out)

Kev is same as me....

Cheers
Dan Critchley
Old 21-10-2012

75 is limit that was agreed at the agm. We left the hall at 11.25 which is far to late. I have to say after asking for help to pack up the responce was fantastic and we really thank all who stayed to help.
If we get the same numbers next week we will change the format to 2 six minutes heats and a six minute final unless we start at 7.20 we would have to close booking in at 7.00.
The problem with lowering the number to 60 is a lot of racers will be disappointed.
I will have to have a chat with Eric about the mardaves re-scrutineering.
Old 21-10-2012

No 2 motors seem to be the same ! But the Tin cans were close and thats why we had that class. Now we have moved on to Lipo we need to understand if any aproved motors and speed controllers are faster than others. Yes we have used the GT12 rules as a base for our current championship but if the majority of Mardave drivers want to tweak them so be it. As for scrutineering I am not skilled enough to know if someone is cheating with the new brushless setup so I will not be scrutineering.