Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 22-09-2015

When you look at my propposal, it solves the issue, I guess the extra points thing is a little controversial, but I do think it would mix things up a bit and make it more interesting; but the crux of the issue is too much time racing the clock and not enough time racing other trucks, its simply the wrong way around as it is.
Old 23-09-2015

I'm not sure you're ever going to clean up SC racing. I've raced at club level since SC came out and at Nationals at Mendip for the last 2 years and this years was probably the roughest racing I've ever been involved in .. !!!

Still thought it was great though

As an alternative to what has been said before, how about go the opposite way and embrace a bit of the argy bargy that we all seem to enjoy and try the full sized RallycrossRX way of running a meeting.

I think the basics of it are, small heats, maybe 6 cars, all set off at the same time, and you get points for the place you finish. 4 heats racing against different drivers each time, points added up to give the final positions.

I'm sure theres some details I've left out but you get the general idea ... I reckon it would work great
Old 25-09-2015

I watched some of the TORC series on youtube from a few weeks back, and it would appear that our races are no more aggressive than the full scale racing these cars are based on and designed to replicate.
Old 30-09-2015

I am very new to the rc racing scene. I only get my first car, a buggy in June. And my tekno the begining of august. I'm still not 100% on all the rules and regs yet. Let alone the point system.
But I really enjoyed the only 2 rounds I did.
Its a great down to earth atmosphere . I will be attending some meets next year but not all. Which leads me to the points issue. And why people who attend all the meets loose out. Couldn't there be bonus points awared for each meet attended? 25 points given to every meet regardless of racing. So someone going to all 7 meets would gain an extra 75 points compared to someone who only went to 4?
I agreed with the AGM about 8 trucks on the grip, 10 just seemed too many. But I do like the 6 mins heats.

Tekno 410
Xray xb4 2wd
Old 28-12-2016

Interesting read...so how did the 2016 series pan out; more or less racers, revised format, planned changes for 2017 based on what happened this year?

I like the idea of having a go but no clubs race SC in our area and I am mindfull of paying out for kit for a class that might be having a personality crisis.
Old 31-12-2016

Treat it like a national's for everyone...rules aint to strict,racing is as close as you can get,ive done 3 full seasons and it's good,you get to race at tracks you wouldn't normally run at...it's basically an extra class you can do along side buggies or 1/8..
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...
Old 02-02-2017

2017 season is fast approaching, we changed a couple of rules and the grid format from last year which worked very well, driving standards have improved but the odd one or 2 like to test the head ref. at the end of the day we want to race trucks, there will always be a bit of contact but deliberate take outs are not tolerated or cutting the course.
Old 04-02-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hold on to your hats, I'm racing trucks too
and will be entering some rounds of the national championship.

Fancied trying trucks for a while now and since it'll be a class at our new club, thought I'd best see what their like.
With a lot of help from the A1 truckers, Rob, Kev and Chris.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 06-02-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodd View Post
Hold on to your hats, I'm racing trucks too
and will be entering some rounds of the national championship.

Fancied trying trucks for a while now and since it'll be a class at our new club, thought I'd best see what their like.
With a lot of help from the A1 truckers, Rob, Kev and Chris.
Time to take up chess...

I am looking forward to some truck action again this summer. Hoping there might be an SC6M on the horizon?

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 10-02-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
Time to take up chess...

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.