Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 11-09-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Arrow End of Outdoor Season @ SHRCCC

Hi All,

Thought I bash a message on here to thank everybody for there help and support over the last 6 months, it only seems like a few weeks ago I started planning all this malarky!

We've come a long way in such a short time and that's down the the die hard club regulars, occasional racers and of course the one or two timers, you have all made it a great success.

We've had the Fastrax Event in June which was supported by nearly 70 racers, not bad for a new club!. Our trophy meetings have been well supported on sunday's considering Aldershot on road is down the lane and also Torch and Clanfield near by.

While I'm here I'd like the thank TORCH official's for their help and support recently, its great to see two local (ish) clubs can help and support each other, rather than be anti each other.

The Summer Shootout was a GREAT success, a real gem of a competition with two worthy winners in Rob Hatton and Rob Elmes. We'll be doing it all again next year I'm sure, with great competition too .

Over the winter things will change at SHRCCC. We hope to dig up the area with some awesome features and lay astro turf down so we can hold more meetings throughout the year, maybe even twice a week in the summer weeks.

Our 2wd Club Champion is Phil Roberts and our 4wd Champion is Rob Elmes, well done to both of you. Trophies are done and will be handed over when I see you next.

All is not lost though, we're now going indoors for the winter .
Old 11-09-2011

It's been a good start to my first summer of rc racing and enjoyed the racing I have had at shrccc and look forward to your winter plans.
I hope you don't go all astro because it's good to race on a real off road surface any how, thanks for making me feel welcome when I have been to shrccc

Build it, brake it, make it, Race it.
SX2
B4.1
Cougar sv2
RC10 Gold tub
Old 11-09-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Indeed hats off to you Neil.

Must arrange and inter club champ day for 2012.
Old 11-09-2011

seconded for not 'all' astro... I really like the old skool grass... Even if it made it 'difficult' at times, but hey (for me) thats all part of the fun of off road racing and dealing with the conditions presented to you for those 5 mins yer racing...

OK we may need to try to do something to help the grass recover, and maybe with a more room, some astro and some not will allow it to recover and give a choice of where we put the track...

Still looking forward to going indoors over winter and continuing with the very friendly club, bring on the craic!
Old 11-09-2011

Have had a real good blast at SHRCC this year. It has allowed the 1/10th off road bug to get a real good hold of me, but to stir things a little I'm all for astro, can't have enough of it as far as I'm concerned. But as you know Neil, I am a tart who doesn't like his little buggy wuggy getting dirty.
Roll on the indoor season.
Old 23-09-2011

I'm ashamed to say i never made it down to shrccc this year, basically only got a pass for the TORCH all dayers. However as it is closer to where i live i'm hoping to come down next year, since meeting Neil and a few guys from shrccc i feel compelled to make the effort.
Where will you guys be racing indoors over the winter, as this interests me greatly?

Cheers
Neil (Randall)

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 24-09-2011

It's on the same site as the grasstrack. There is a cadet hall which Neil has accuired the use of. The first event for the hut is Thursday next week