Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 16-01-2012

Default Who drives a FS2 B44.1 or a DEX410v3 at ribble?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a 4WD and have pretty much decided on a B44.1 but was wondering if anyone drives a Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP or Durango DEX410v3 so I could talk to someone and have a look and get some opinions on how they are at the club

Many thanks

Tommy
Old 16-01-2012

You sick of your C4 already Tommy??
Old 16-01-2012

Haha not at all I love my C4, I just want more track time tbh, i'm even thinking of getting a mardave as well lol
Old 16-01-2012

Hi Tommy,

You don't need to talk to anyone with the cars you mentioned, you've already made the right decision. B44.1 all the way.

Or you could consider what a lot of the guys at Ribble are, Nitro Power! I'm going that way for Summer and I know 4 or 5 more that are planning to invest in some noisy, smelly, loads of track time fun. So the answer to the question you should have asked is RC8.2
Old 16-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
Hi Tommy,

You don't need to talk to anyone with the cars you mentioned, you've already made the right decision. B44.1 all the way.

Or you could consider what a lot of the guys at Ribble are, Nitro Power! I'm going that way for Summer and I know 4 or 5 more that are planning to invest in some noisy, smelly, loads of track time fun. So the answer to the question you should have asked is RC8.2
And a small loan!!!

Andy.... Let me know if there are any RC8.2 going secondhand... I cannot justify another £1000 on a RC car...Jamie P bought a Losi 2.0 with all the trimminings for £350 yesterday including an OS engine
Old 16-01-2012

Default B44.1 all the way

Get the b44.1 tommy all the way easy to get spares reliable and very cool also loads of room inside for electrics and working on them is a doddle lolM
Old 16-01-2012
Banned

I'm also considering a Nitro

I just don't know if i can give it enough time
Old 16-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I'm also considering a Nitro

I just don't know if i can give it enough time

DONT BE SILLY 1/10th is much better you have to have some skill to drive a 1/10th as with nitro there just fancy lawnmowers
Old 16-01-2012

as for the og post Lee smith runs a kyosho fs2 Matt c runs a durango and when I can be bothered I run a old lazer zx5 all these are normally A final cars b44.1 are top cars tho all these cars are good and are as good as most average drivers could ever handle and are all capable of A final wins
Old 16-01-2012

The reason we are all looking at 8th is the massive amount of tracktime.

At Ribble we get 16 - 20 minutes of tracktime. At a big Sunday event we get 30 minutes, based on 1 practice, 4 rounds and a final. 1 hour if you run both 2 and 4wd.

My first rallycross meeting, I got a 10 minute practice, 3 x 7 minutes heats (2 min warm up and 5 min heat from a rolling start) and 35 minutes in the finals. (15 in the B and bumped to the 20 minute A) so a total of 66 minutes running at a meeting they wanted to finish quickly due to the failing light. In the summer when they have more rounds and longer finals you'd be near 90 minutes. We also have 3 great tracks near us in the northwest so no massive drives tobigmeetings.

That said I still think electric racing is faster, Nitro is hard to describe its fast, infact its very fast but the cars react slower so for me it feels slower. The challange is to get it round the very bumpy tracks quickly. Its just different.

So if you want an electric 4wd, get a B44.1. Its awesome but if you want to race with your mates from Ribble on a Sunday over the Summer, Get a nitro.

Lawnmowers indeed
Old 16-01-2012

Decisions decision

Thanks guys, I'll get the B44.1 to start with I think and then consider a noisy lawnmower later on down the line if 1/10 doesn't quench my thirst
Old 16-01-2012

Having a 4wd is never going to be a bad thing because we are all a bit soft and don't like the cold so I can see us all doing 10th indoor over many winters to come. We'll save nitro for outdoors when its warm.

Have you considered trying to get in for the next Worksop or Chadderton events?
Old 16-01-2012

Yeah I was wanting to do the Chadderton event this sunday but I'm on holiday and not back until the 29th of Jan so it's looking like i'll be attending the next one on the 5th of Feb....which is the same date as the Worksop event.

Which one are you guys going to on the 5th?
Old 16-01-2012

woo go nitro power ! im doing the prcc summer rounds (sory bit of topic)

Old 18-01-2012

Just to bump this again. Which event will you guys be running at on the 5th Chadderton or Worksop and how do I go about entering them?

Cheers
Old 19-01-2012

I am sure there is no chadderton till 19th Feb...... Best thing to do is go the the Batley Club Forum... PM DianneH and ask to be put on the reserve list... At the last event Dianne did say the next meeting was full

On a B44.1... this has just come up for sale on Oople.. Might fit the bill and save yourself a few quid

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89183

Do you drive stick or wheel transmitter?
Old 19-01-2012
Banned

2WD Nitro?? Talk to me man!
Old 19-01-2012

Matt, what you on about 2wd Nitro? I agree it would be cool but I can't see any mention of it? You racing tomorrow night buddy?

Tommy the 5th is Worksop, Have a look in the Worksop section under "Indoor Masters". PM a guy called Muzzy about getting an entry. Chadderton is on the 19th, as Wes said contact Dianne. I'm not sure but I think that ones full as it was massively over subscribed.

Lastly the B44.1 Wes mentioned would be a good buy, I know the guy who ran it, he's a CML driver and replaces all his cars every 6 months. It'll be in good condition and its a really good money. Although with a new kit you get to build it and that helps to know your car.

See you all tomorrow night.
Old 19-01-2012

are you running 2wd tommorrow andy ?I have just set up a B4 so going to give it ago tommorow running a 10.5 tho so might be a bit off the pace
Old 20-01-2012

2wd all the way!