Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 29-04-2012

Assume it's on then
Vintage..... FTD Hotshot, Supershot, SWB cat, Procat, Bosscat, Cougar 2, Cat2000, cat3000, rc10 worlds, rc10 Graphite, yz10, xx4, cougar 2000 fabix, PB Maxima, mini mustang, Bigwig, Frog, and counting...
Penguin Custom Bodyshells Team xray
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

im leaving shrewsbury in 20 minutes... its stair-rods, cats and dogs etc etc here. fingers crossed for the Ledbury micro-climate.

N
Old 29-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Man, I don't wanna leave my bed, it sounds atrocious out there... Hope its a different world 45 miles away in Ledbury :-)

How did the campers fair last night? One things for sure, they'd have got very cold and wet and probably had no tent left, had they been camping here :-(
Old 29-04-2012

The tents are still up, not sure if there are any survivors.
Old 29-04-2012

weather looks as forcast here in leicester

whats the "micro-climate" of ledbury like??

i hope you take plenty of pics neil but don't get your camera too wet
Old 29-04-2012
oOple Journalist

Arrow ledbury

It is as wet as a fishermans top lip down here. I just saw Dave Williams dressed as Finding Nimo down by the back straight!

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

There very brave camping, weather is as predicted and the M1 is flooded near me !. I think i made the right call, going to watch the MotoGP and BTCC soon

Alec did you also go in the 4wd ?.
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

We got there and the meeting was going ahead, then after about 30 minutes there was a meeting, and 15 minutes after that most people were in McDonalds.

The whole it hasn't been raining here was absolute bollocks as the surrounding fields along the M50 were flooded, the access road to the track had a steady flow of water running down it, and the far end of the grass track and the field next to it were totally flooded and under water, and the river under the rostrum was overflowing by the grass track

Rant over

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 29-04-2012

well lets be honest there is nothing any of us could have done as you never know what the uk weather is going to be like until the day. as i have heard that tomorrow will be 17 degrees... i would have like it if we could run the regional next weekend instead of moving it to august
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

Well the English breakfast at the M5 services was nice but very expensive

It was the right decision to cancel given the circumstances.

Did anyone see the Porsche on the M5? that guy REALLY had a bad day...

N
Old 29-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
We got there and the meeting was going ahead, then after about 30 minutes there was a meeting, and 15 minutes after that most people were in McDonalds.

The whole it hasn't been raining here was absolute bollocks as the surrounding fields along the M50 were flooded, the access road to the track had a steady flow of water running down it, and the far end of the grass track and the field next to it were totally flooded and under water, and the river under the rostrum was overflowing by the grass track

Rant over
But to be fair the condition of the fields along the M50, the grass track and the access road is irrelevant as if it hadn't of been tipping it down all morning before and when we arrived then we could have raced on the astro no problem - nobody got stuck on the field or the track onto the site. Unfortunately the weather was against us but nobody could have known for sure what was going to happen, if the decision to cancel had been made last night and this morning had been clear then people would have still been disappointed.

It didn't rain at all by me yesterday and I am only 20 miles from the track, it also isn't raining now, there's nothing that can be done about the weather, it was just bad luck.
Old 29-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloliver View Post
Did anyone see the Porsche on the M5? that guy REALLY had a bad day...
Yeah he looked well knackered!! Shame it didn't happen to the P.R.A.T in the Merc who came past at 120mph. Not the weather to be doing that speed.

Well I endured the rostrum for a few laps with the car so I think I TQ'd!! The car came off with all the electrics dry despite going through all the big puddles. Don't think I could of endured 8 hours of that weather though.

Look forward to doing it all again in May at the 4wd. Let's hope the weather holds better for then.

Also a question about the reserve date. The weekend of June 24th is free could we not move this meeting to then? It still gives plenty of notice to people and doesn't creep into the August holiday period. It also leaves the August day free if one of the later meetings needs to be cancelled.

It's 17degC and sunny tomorrow..... think I may pop to kiddie!!
Old 29-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to Pownabown

Some of the comments i read are unbelievable. The track was dry yesterday aswell as the field and the drive.

It has stopped raining here now aswell.
It didnt start raining heavy until early this morning.
Old 29-04-2012

Hi All,

A frustrating result to the day all in all, many apologies for those who travelled a distance to then have to go back home again. I hope you understand that it was just not viable to call the day off before this morning and that we had to make the trip and see for ourselves to make the decision.

Seeing so many of you turn out was excellent to see and I feel dejected that we couldn't put the race on for you - with such standing water in the main straight, an area of the track which could not be avoided, we had to take the call that the risk to individuals safety and their equipment meant that we should look to the reserve date instead.

In regard to the reserve date, this is August 12th and unfortunately we cannot have any flexibility on this, we have to publish a full calendar early in the year so that individuals can plan their year accordingly - there are many individuals who rely on the regional series for F grade and EOS final qualification, if you spring a new date into the calendar now with no warning and they cannot attend, it can prove costly and is unfair (because of this, up until around 2 years ago we did not have a reserve date and a lost meeting meant a reduction in series length). We now publish the reserve date early on so people know to try and keep that date free, as it will then be used in circumstances such as this.

As was mentioned over the PA today, YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-ENTER FOR THE LEDBURY RESCHUDULED RACE, ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CARRIED OVER! We will look at the form over the next week or so and I will come back to you to confirm how you can go about re-entering.

See you all back at (a hopefully drier!) Ledbury, on May 20th for 4wd round 2.
Old 29-04-2012

So how many people turned up then? I made it to the start of the farm track, but I met a convoy of people leaving as the meeting had just been cancelled.

It hadn't rained here in Ludlow yesterday, it started sometime in the night. After leaving Ledbury earlier we went to Hereford shopping and have now got back to Ludlow where it's still raining and it's rained on us all day non stop wherever we've been so far!

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pownabown View Post
Some of the comments i read are unbelievable. The track was dry yesterday aswell as the field and the drive.

It has stopped raining here now aswell.
It didnt start raining heavy until early this morning.

I'm glad I didn't camp there last night if the field was dry yesterday.
It must of been torrential rain this morning before we got there to put the field next to the track under a few feet of water!
Old 29-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

I was reluctantly ready to race, but I'm glad its been moved to the reserve date as the track is a good track.

Maybe we should get some boats
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

I can sort you a boat out JP
Old 29-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon30 View Post

Well I endured the rostrum for a few laps with the car so I think I TQ'd!! The car came off with all the electrics dry despite going through all the big puddles. Don't think I could of endured 8 hours of that weather
I was the dude with the white cougar. Track was a good layout i thought and the car came off almost dry inside. Puddles on the straighr were easily avoided as the were all on the outside.
Old 29-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_

It's OK Matt, I've found a Hovercraft on ebay