Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Just spotted this thread which states that they are going to drop the 2s/21.5 class from nationals etc.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115590
Well I am amazed to read these guys all talking about dropping the 21.5 2s as this is almost the only setup which is run at Gloucester club and also the Chippenham Winter Indoor Championship as around 20+ drivers running the Superstox and I am sure nearly all of them have converted to the 2s system because of issues running 13.5.
Old 03-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That is still a good discount, factor in I'm not giving an exact figure, they are close to the maximum price allowed retail + postage .... I am certainly not complaining, my cars never lack grunt
Old 04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMadShane View Post
Well I am amazed to read these guys all talking about dropping the 21.5 2s as this is almost the only setup which is run at Gloucester club and also the Chippenham Winter Indoor Championship as around 20+ drivers running the Superstox and I am sure nearly all of them have converted to the 2s system because of issues running 13.5.
.....I do find this extremely strange, but through a lot of forum hunting, the reason I got a 1s 13.5t in the first place was it's popularity. Like everything, if everyone had a same gear, it wouldn't matter if that was a 13.5 1s or a 7.5 2s, we'd all start on a level playing field. However, right now - racing at CWIC you have to say 13.5 1s just doesn't cut the mustard. However I will keep my 1s lipo to see what happens....if I ever wanted to run outside of GERCC and CWIC.
Old 04-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Chris, are you saying that you think the 2s/21.5 is the way to go for pure performance too?
Old 04-12-2012

Can you ever lack grunt in offroad seeing as you can run what Ever wind you want? So if someone's car faster you just run a lower wind I thought.

2s/21.5 has far better performance than 13.5 1s Chris got distroyed at the 1st round of CWIC with 1s.

Also the Orion 21.5 would be illegal outside of glos seeing as it has ajustible timing and isn't in the rules. Link to brca rules below

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=sect...12-rules/13572
Old 04-12-2012

These BRCA rules are turning into a turd storm. I actually feel sorry for RogM after my initial reply to his post was to state there wasn't any confusion. Only to find that the rule makers wanted me to be wrong about that so now I haven't got a clue what to do.
Old 04-12-2012

I am livid with the BRCA… it seems they have published a rule book then rejected it straight away I have been chatting on another thread and it seems the majority of them seem to think that 21.5 was only introduced for club and should never have been allowed.. For the life of me I can't see why.. however the majority of the people on the thread seem to be more from the north of the Uk so this could be a North/South divide thing .. I am also getting the feeling the 12th world are trying to take over the GT12 class bit of a shame as I think it will kill the class before it is started..
Old 04-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Dave, you have been nothing but helpful.

I didn't realise that so much of the confusion was from outside the club, just thought it was like micros were at Glos ... a crazy free-for-all and didn't want to go through that rubbish again.

Good call on the Orion Chris, thanks.
Old 04-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Who ever thought going club racing would be so painful???

When did RC become a chore and stop being fun?

Think I might just stick to off-road and a long drive :'(
Old 04-12-2012

I still find it fun, still enjoy the hard drive up to Gloucester every Friday, and when I am battling on the track with Shane, Chris, Simon, Mark etc all of these frustrations are well out of my mind, even though we all run different specs of car. It just doesn't matter. It's when I am not racing and at home it frustrates me.