Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

View Poll Results: Summer 2013 Season Proposal
Yep go for it... 7 53.85%
No way man you must be mad!! 6 46.15%
urmm I think something else 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-03-2013

Ok another twist on the Summer championship, I think a lot of people are against having week on week off competitive racing for there particular class, so how would this idea work.

At the moment the championship is run over approximately 26 weeks of which peoples best 18 weeks count towards the championship. Some people are against this because they feel it is more an attendance championship and not been able to attend every week. Meanwhile others prefer to keep it how it is, as it brings competitive racing every week.

So my thoughts turn back to the idea of two championships to be run over the Summer months, the normal championship and a mini championship. The championship as it is, is run over 6 months approximately 26 weeks, so what if we were to split this into the first Friday of each month (best 4 of 6 rounds to count) been the mini championship and the other weeks (best 12 of 20 rounds to count) been the normal championship. I have only suggested the first Friday of each month for the mini championship as it easier to remember.

To further extend on this and using Mark's suggestion of non additive weeks, we could make the mini championship a non additive week, putting everybody on par for those six weeks and allowing the carpet to come up for air. Also it would give the opportunity for those that cant attend every week or run both classes to be more selective on what they want to do.

Mini Championship, first Friday of each month and additive free racing, best 4 of 6 rounds to count.

Normal Championship, all other Friday's of the month racing as we do now, best 12 of 20 rounds to count.

Its only my idea/thoughts, but perhaps something that could be discussed with the members and tweaked to keep everyone happy. So please don't kill the messenger
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.
Old 22-03-2013

I like the way you're slightly worried you'll get berated for this lol

Pretty good shout though I reckon. Worth considering surely.