Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 07-02-2012

Default Returning to racing. What class?

I initially made the mistake of logging in at the RCRacechat forum and quickly realised it was a deserted wasteland of just moderators barking rules at one another.

Anyway, I've been out of RC Racing for the best part of 7 years. Over a 15 year period I've predominantly raced 10th offroad but dabbled in 10th TC and 8th Scale Rallycross.

Like so many who sell up I've started to miss it again so I've decided that I'm going to start racing again.

My question simply is which class do I opt for? I live in the East Midlands/Oxfordshire area so I want a class that is still popular and well supported. I'm open to all classes and I'm willing to try something completely new although I am more about the actual racing and driving skill as opposed to just technical knowledge and insight.

So which classes are still going strong?
Old 07-02-2012

Welcome back!

At the moment 1/10th off road is on the rise. The part of the country where you are has some great clubs, and you have access to clubs in other regions also. Mid south, mid east, mid west are easy to get to with very active and well run clubs. Look on this site for links.

Also there is a very good choice of 2 and 4 wheel drive cars available. Down to personal choice. again lots of reports and info on this and manufacturers sites.

Finally, the off road racers are always ready to help you with any info you will need. find a local club to where you are and go and chat. You will be made very welcome. You may know people from the past.

Good luck and enjoy your racing!
Old 07-02-2012
oOple Advertiser

2WD buggy is the one to go for, I started back up last year with 4WD, but the 2WD is where all the action is.

And as said you would have a great choice of clubs, with Broxtowe being particularly good.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

1/10th Off road is where it's at. The class is back on the rise big style. We had 42 last week at Telstar in Deanshanger, Milton Keynes. Pop over if you get a free Wednesday evening, have a look around, see what cars/equipment people are running and watch some of the action!!
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

You just want to check clubs near you. Onroad or Offroad are all good fun, it depends on the club as to whether it will be an enjoyable time. You should just check out local clubs and then decide where and what to race.

(BTW yup racechat is a very dead forum now)
Old 07-02-2012
Super Moderator

Welcome back to racing & welcome back to oople
Have a look at this list, it will give you a base to start from club wise although i have noticed some clubs are missing from the list
http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/in...ubs&Itemid=212
Also check out the club section on here, you will find everyone very helpful
Next step would be to pop along to your local tracks & see what classes are being run & what classes do it for you
Make sure you ask as many questions as possible as technology has moved on a lot since 7 years ago
Most of all enjoy yourself