Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 13-11-2013

Default Getting back into off road.

Hey folks,

Been out the loop for a long time and have stopped and restarted more times than I can remember. Last time I raced 10th scale buggies was back in 2004 but only for a short time.

Anyway, I miss it, so looking to restart but obviously budget and trying to get some idea of what is going on in this ever evolving hobby is not easy. Realistically if I were to jump back in with 2WD (with one buggy not three!!!), stick transmitter etc and wanted to come back into the hobby at a reasonable standard (I'm never going to be a national champ but I was never a slouch either) what sort of budget do you think I would need. Lipos are completely new to me so advice on that front would be useful as would the whole brushless set up.

Any info greatly appreciated. Oh, I'm based in northants (silverstone). What's the off road scene liked round the east and west mids?

Cheers all.
Old 13-11-2013
Super Moderator

With one of the best clubs in the country Silverstone buggy club just up the road from you i would pop along there on a tuesday night & chat to some of the guys there & have a look at what they are racing
http://www.silverstonercmcc.co.uk/