Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 19-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Field View Post
Personally I don’t think it is possible to please everybody, and as Tiverton have handouts it does alleviate the issue, but it is a shame that racers have to pay out for new transponders! I can see a day where AMB keep changing the transponders on the premise that the new one is better and force a change of transponders every couple of years, just imagine how much money is in that world wide for AMB!?!?! I have never had a missed lap in 6 years of running personal transponders so the statement of reducing missed laps a little misleading.

Having said the above AMB are a business and need to make a profit as all businesses need to! Including all the manufacturers involved in radio controlled car racing, we all spend money on racing, (some more than others) and surely lap counting is no less important than any other aspect. It’s just a shame AMB feel the need to make their system a monopoly!!

I just wish Clive and Terry at MRT would develop and manufacture a system of their own!!
Then i belive their pt would not be as cheap as they are.
The old saying buy cheap buy twice. Sorry but true.

Last edited by yin; 19-03-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling lol
Old 21-03-2013
Mad Member

at the end of the day its mylaps / amb everyone should complain too,

for a few extra pence they could have made their rc4 decoder compatible with the mrt transponders but being a business they want to have their transponders as the market leader and dont care who they upset, ( mrt or the racers who own them ) its not trccc's fault its mylaps / amb's,

and yes, this may be utter nonsence to you, \/ but i'm just saying its not tivvys fault that the mrt transponders dont work with the new decoder and mylaps want only their transponders to work with their decoders,
Old 21-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
at the end of the day its mylaps / amb everyone should complain too,

for a few extra pence they could have made their rc4 decoder compatible with the mrt transponders but being a business they want to have their transponders as the market leader and dont care who they upset, ( mrt or the racers who own them ) its not trccc's fault its mylaps / amb's,
what utter nonsense
Old 21-03-2013

At the end of the day amb/mylaps make the transponder system why should they make a new system that can use clone transponders and do them selfs out of sales no doubt that mrt will come up with something in the near future . it a bit like having a sanwa transmitter and then moaning you cant use your old spektrum receviers.

tivvy is not the only club with this issue i know of 2 clubs in devon that are upgrading to rc4