Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 30-03-2013

Default Rule clarification

Hi there one and all, firstly let me apologise for the over sight on my part.... I have spoken to Paul Worsley from the B.R.C.A this morning, I have been wanting to run the rules as close to the B.R.C.A as possible for consistency. Rule 15.24 does state that at Nationals there shall be 4 rounds of qualifying, true we are a Regional. However there are some B.R.C.A rules which can be varied for Regionals, but this is not one of them.
On a personal note it would be alot easier to just run the 2wd and 4wd, no other classes, however the Short Course does add additional support, and the Open classes are not only for other Regions drivers to get some practice, they are a way of introducing drivers to our Regionals,or maybe drivers just starting out and wanting to race alongside in a bigger event and see what it's all about, and maybe attract new blood in the future??? If the numbers do continue to grow then there may very well be a case for capping the classes, for now though we will continue to run short course and the open class.
Ok for the race format, we will be running 4 qualifying heats, finals will be 3 Leg A finals, and 1 leg for the other finals for the EoE 2wd and 4wd, the same format as nationals and other regions. The short course and the open classes will be 4 qualifying rounds and 1 leg finals for all. If we are at a meeting and the numbers are lower we can run 3 leg finals for all finals. There is nothing to say we can't increase the number of finals if numbers allow. As was said maybe we are a victim of our own success, but who could have honestly said we would be getting around 70 entries for the first meeting of the year?
I am sorry if this has caused a few issues, my fault, Sorry.

Now let's all look forward to some sunshine, a good days racing run by a club who know what they are doing. Enjoy some close racing, and plenty of it!!!! I am still fitting the electrics and trying to run a car that I have not even had a practice with yet, I will still be happy as long as you lot have a good days racing.

Colin Parsfield.
Old 30-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Thanks for your time Colin, see you Monday
Old 30-03-2013

Now thats been sorted can you answer this

Is there practice if so what time does the track open
What time is booking in and what time for the first heat

Just asking cos the schedule may have changed a little and its a 2.5 hr drive for us

Old 30-03-2013

Default times...

Track will be open from 7am, open practice from soon after along with booking in. we would like to start the first heat around 9. we are asking for people to be fair and not hogg the track when it comes to practice.
Old 30-03-2013

Great stuff glad that's all cleared up !

Now , come on George come and show em all what you've got !!
KO Propo Espirit 4 stick radio

Dji Mavic Air2S
All round gadget freak !
Old 30-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Would be good to have George there seeing as he's the man to beat in 4wd
Old 30-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamH7060 View Post
Great stuff glad that's all cleared up !

Now , come on George come and show em all what you've got !!
Come on george it won't be the same without u there.
Old 30-03-2013

Dont forget john myall, joint 1st last year!!
Old 30-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin76 View Post
Sorry John, didn't realise, be good to race against everyone
Old 31-03-2013

Default colin

hi i have been send u last night. send ur priavte a message... please let me know hope u got my message

graham
Old 31-03-2013

I think it should be 3+3 I don't think it's right the rules have changed couple of days before the meeting.. We are all paying the same mount of money if u don't make the A final u only 5 races where if u make the A u get six.. I no where's a couple of people pulling out of the meeting tomorrow my dads one of them ..
Old 31-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
I think it should be 3+3 I don't think it's right the rules have changed couple of days before the meeting.. We are all paying the same mount of money if u don't make the A final u only 5 races where if u make the A u get six.. I no where's a couple of people pulling out of the meeting tomorrow my dads one of them ..
To clarify, the whole aim of competing is to do as well as your ability allows, we all have four rounds of qualifying (two to count) and these are NOT races, you need to move out of the way of faster drivers so EVERYONE can qualify to the best possible position. The aim is to make the A final where you will be rewarded with THREE finals.
There are lots of things you can moan about on here but the rules are the rules and threatening not to attend won't make any difference to anyone except the people who attend (they will get more points). Its not worth spitting your dummy out, come along, qualify as high as you can and enjoy the racing against the people of the same ability.
Also to clarify, the rules haven't been changed at the last minute, they have been this way for years, you have just not followed them correctly.
Old 31-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
To clarify, the whole aim of competing is to do as well as your ability allows, we all have four rounds of qualifying (two to count) and these are NOT races, you need to move out of the way of faster drivers so EVERYONE can qualify to the best possible position. The aim is to make the A final where you will be rewarded with THREE finals.
There are lots of things you can moan about on here but the rules are the rules and threatening not to attend won't make any difference to anyone except the people who attend (they will get more points). Its not worth spitting your dummy out, come along, qualify as high as you can and enjoy the racing against the people of the same ability.
Also to clarify, the rules haven't been changed at the last minute, they have been this way for years, you have just not followed them correctly.
Rules haven't changed - but the EoE format has - run 3 + 3 for many years with no problems. Disagree with the late change and agree with George so like him I am no longer attending.

Good luck to those that do go!
Old 31-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is great, watching you guys spit your dummy out and drop out of the meeting, that will show everyone eh???

So what most of you seem to be angry about is the lack of 3 finals for all, ok let me spell it out for you very clearly, you can have 3 finals for all, the rules state that the "A" final MUST have 3 legs. That's it, so the rest can have 1 leg, 2 legs, or 3 leg finals. So go along tomorrow, and have a civilized conversation with the person/people in charge, and get 3 legged finals for all, simples, problem solved!!!
Old 31-03-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

DC - actually, finals don't have to be 3 legs, this is one of the rules that can be a regional variation.

We always used to run 3 legged A finals in EoE, the theory being 2 fold - a) it was like the nationals and b) it's s decent target / reward for making the top 10.
Old 31-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
DC - actually, finals don't have to be 3 legs, this is one of the rules that can be a regional variation.
We always used to run 3 legged A finals in EoE, the theory being 2 fold - a) it was like the nationals and b) it's s decent target / reward for making the top 10. __________________
I see, thanks for the info

Makes sense, it was the same here in the South East for many years, now the "A" have 3 legs, and the rest of the regional even have 2, the SC and open class have 1, it works well, although, I am a fan of 3 leg finals for all, I like the experience of racing, and we don't seem to get enough of it, I have asked for it here in the South East, but time constraints mean we have stuck with the format I mentioned.

Last edited by David Church; 31-03-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Changed post
Old 31-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

EOE has finaly hit the big time! after many years of racing in the dark,unnoticed,forgotten and joked about now look at all the out of region interest

the church has a hand in everything these days. some say brca decisions are shown by the colour of the smoke blowing from his car exhaust

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 31-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
EOE has finaly hit the big time! after many years of racing in the dark,unnoticed,forgotten and joked about now look at all the out of region interest

the church has a hand in everything these days. some say brca decisions are shown by the colour of the smoke blowing from his car exhaust
Haha.....nice
Old 31-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin76 View Post
Finally someone remembered me

Alec, hopefully some point this year I'll prove that you won't be forgetting me too quickly either
Old 31-03-2013

Default apply the letter of the law

At National events, 4 Rounds of qualifying will be scheduled, weather/external circumstances
permitting. If 2 Qualifying Rounds are not completed, the event will be considered null and void.

so schedule 4 rounds, it doesnt state you have to run 4, "weather and external circumstances permitting", you could argue that the confusion over the interpretation of this rule is an "external circumstance", equally you cannot guarantee how many entrants you will get, 100 turn up it would be impossible to fit 4 rounds in, "external circumstance", it gets darker this time of year "external circumstance".

please note this is my personal interpretation and not an official response