Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 05-11-2014

Yeah and if the brca heavies have a problem they can find me at herts nitro in ware or stotfold or three counties in mk.
Old 05-11-2014
Mad Member

The obviously do have a problem Darren - I just tried to get onto their FB page to see if they have commented on this thread further, only to see it has now become a "closed group"!

Somebody was obviously getting worried that one of us "bashers" was going to post something in response to their offensive comments.
Old 05-11-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

And I'm the one who put the comment about bashers trying to change the rules for people who wish to compete ( you missed that part ). Bashers being the term that has been adopted by hobbyists of our sport who don't take racing too seriously. It's not intended as a derogatory term, each to their own. But I stand by my comment. My name is in my sig. Unlike most people here

See My Feedback

Old 05-11-2014
Mad Member

Thanks for your post Rich, I have seen you about at various meets and you do seem a decent chap - you obviously do a lot for the BRCA and the hobby in general.

I've always associated the term "basher" with "bashing" - aka messing around with the car in a parking lot rather than racing, we all race on this site which is why I found that term offensive.

We may not all compete at your level but we still enjoy having a good, serious fair race without worrying about what electrics your opponent has or whether they are on some list.

As it has already been stated, we are just playing with expensive toy cars at the end of the day, at thats the same for whether you are in carpark, club night or A-final of a National

Last edited by Chris56; 05-11-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't do anything for the BRCA to be honest Chris. We are all the BRCA collectively as members.

I know we all like to keep costs down but this lipo argument has got a bit silly. If this was a thread about how many compounds tread patterns manufacturers etc of tyres i perhaps would understand where people are coming from regarding expense a bit better.

I think it's a matter of following rules that others have implemented much like people do when they follow the rules you lay down at your own meetings.

No hard feelings anyway.

See My Feedback

Old 05-11-2014

Haha that's funny Chris, I'd love to see what they're saying now. But I doubt I'd be allowed in now, after all us heathens with our reasonably priced products aren't as good as others who spend double the amount. Haha. I'd quite like to do the regionals next year, seems a shame I'd have to buy all new equipment to do so.
Old 05-11-2014

Ha blimey that sounds like a response from the ussr
Old 05-11-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
. I didn't even know things could be voted for and changed, wasnt aware of the procedures till I saw this thread. And why would bashers care about brca rules? And I'm Darren Pollard
Darren, are you actually a member of the BRCA?
I only ask because if you are, then it means you've never read any of the rules available on the BRCA website, nor included in the handbook issued to every member.

Do you think you could have a read of them please, after all, when you joined the BRCA you agreed to comply with those same rules. Hopefully you'll find most of your answers there.
But, please remember the BRCA committee members are volunteers giving up their spare time and they are bound by those same rules. If we as members don't like it then we as members can change it. In fact I even helped word a proposal for a couple of people who posted on this same topic, but they decided not to propose it for some reason.
Pete Belsten
Secretary of Caldicot RC Racers
An ordinary BRCA member (the same as you)
Old 05-11-2014

Yeah fully paid up member, can supply number upon request. And I had a good look through it but can't say I took it all In. Anyway as I said ages ago next year hopefully the vote will change it so no more list.
Old 05-11-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No problem, don't forget, proposals have to be submitted prior to the agm, the date normally goes on to the brca website to give notice.
I'd recommend that the rationale you give for the proposed change is given as much, if not more thought to try to answer as many questions as you can think of in it.
BTW, I've never been to a BRCA agm either!
Old 05-11-2014

Okay that's cool, I don't see how me running my hobbyking batteries and esc and motor effects anyone else. The only advantage I have is more money in my bank.
Old 05-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
I don't do anything for the BRCA to be honest Chris. We are all the BRCA collectively as members.

I know we all like to keep costs down but this lipo argument has got a bit silly. If this was a thread about how many compounds tread patterns manufacturers etc of tyres i perhaps would understand where people are coming from regarding expense a bit better.

I think it's a matter of following rules that others have implemented much like people do when they follow the rules you lay down at your own meetings.

No hard feelings anyway.
None taken mate

When I take a step back from this thread and read through the many pages, the easiest thing to do would be for Hobbyking to get their LIPOs on the list. If Gens Ace managed it then surely Turnigy & Zippy can. If they don't then us Hobbyking users have 2 choices at regionals:
1) Run them anyway and hope we don't get picked up in scruntineering
2) Buy/borrow a legal pack.
Their is a 3rd, more elaborate option but I don't intend to share it

Anyway, im done with this thread now, great meeting you all
Old 05-11-2014

Quote:
Okay that's cool, I don't see how me running my hobbyking batteries and esc and motor effects anyone else. The only advantage I have is more money in my bank.
Running batteries that are not on an EB will effect one person, the poor guy who gives up his time to run meetings for you guys to race at.
Granted non EB batteries and no more Likely to go up in smoke that the ones on the list, but the list is safety net for race organisers that the batteries meet safety requirements,
If the list disappeared, it's not the turnigy lipos we'll need to worry about

In a earlier post it was asked that the attendees had a vested interest?

My vested interest was as a Regional rep and Steward of a meeting, is that the safety of all drivers and visitors to that meeting.

As I said before, the list doesn't stop Lipos failing, it safeguards the race organisers
Old 05-11-2014

Yeah I meant if they were allowed how would it change anything, if the rules are there then I abide by them. Doesn't mean I agree with them. And yes it would be good if hobbyking homologated their products as they have done in USA.
Old 05-11-2014
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Has anyone sent an email to Hobbyking or others not on the list to ask if they can submit their cells? Mighty be a sensible thing to for the sake of 5 minutes?

This thread disheartens me greatly, not really due to the specifics, more the undercurrent of 'them' and 'us'... There is no 'them' there is only us.. Those individuals who step up to do the best job they can so you can all race at good standard venues, fairly, safely, with structure, 'they' are from the big melting pot of racers who put uncountable hours in building tracks, taking entries etc, the decisions are not always perfect, but they're pretty damn good for the resources we have.

Processes are in place if you don't like something, just propose a change! Go to the AGM, democracy rules. Same with your local club, get stuck in and if you don't like something roll your sleeves up and do something about it and get involved.
Old 05-11-2014
Mad Member

well put James!

I beleive somebody did on behalf of the 1/12 electric board but Hobbyking weren't interested (Mark Christopher - could you elaborate any further on this?)

I did think it was just "us" until I saw what was posted on the BRCA FB page - Just like you with this thread I did feel disheartened as, despite being a lousy driver, I am unbeleiveably passionate about the hobby and put a lot of work into help run my local club.

Anyway, I really am done with posting on this thread now.... Honest!
Old 05-11-2014

It actually makes my brain hurt, the AGM has been and gone, and this thread just wont die.

If only people put half the amount of effort into writing well thought out proposals, attending the AGMs, and contributing to the sport in a productive way, rather than taking to these forums to criticize a system which is run by volunteers, who give up a lot of time for no other reason than to give you guys something to do on a Sunday.

For those of you who are calling for web streamed AGM's and online voting. Great, good idea, are you also going to volunteer to give up lots of free time to implement it? in a secure way that cant be cheated? and fund the network infrastructure which supports it? You can always propose it at the next agm, but all you will be doing is providing a gigantic headache to the current committee. It may be a suprise to you, but the whole sport is run on a very small budget, and an incredible amount of goodwill by a dedicated few. So for those of you calling for this, i look forward to seeing your project plan, you can send it to me at wrcaonline@gmail.com

Its not the first time this has been said, but the BRCA and the 1/10th section are not just a faceless corporate entity, they are just a bunch of guys trying to make the sport as good as it can be. I have the pleasure of knowing most of them (Hi Bish)

The question of the hobbyking cells safety record is kind of irrelevant, I used some of there cells for club, and i was impressed. But if you removed the battery lists, that would open up the possibility of any unscrupulous Chinese (other countries are available) companies to make even cheaper cells which certainly could be a safety worry. It may be unlikely, but its food for thought. the point is that a line needs to be drawn somehow, and this is the line that we have. Any suggestions on a new line?

AN easy fix for this whole scenario would be for the importer to get the hobbyking cell certified. Its not a cost issue, so why havent they done so? I guarantee that not a single person has tried to lobby them with the same passion that i have seen here. From what i know of hobbyking, you will be completely ignored.

So please, and this is a direct plea, next time some of you feel like mounting a high horse, and putting the world to rights, please consider that our whole community is held together by some pretty selfless guys, who give up significant amounts of time so that you all have somewhere to go and have fun on a sunday. And some of these rules that you don't really agree with, are an added layer of protection for them.

Tom Owen
Wales regional rep, un-sponsored, and I drive a Losi, (don't hold that against me)

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 05-11-2014
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

And while so many people are looking at this thread i'll take the opportunity to ask if anyone wants to come and help us with a days track work on sunday at RHR from 10.30am. The European Championships are there next year so any help would be appreciated! Bring clothes that you don't care about as you will get very muddy!
Old 05-11-2014

Quote:
I would be very surprised if the people at the agm weren't selling or profiting in some way sponsored etc. But as I said theres a lot of support for the list on the brca Facebook page. And we're hiding behind our computers and not using our real names? Obviously whoever submitted the proposal and then retracted had the thumb screws applied. And it's been admitted on here the list is for profit reasons and then suddenly hk means Hong long not hobbyking. Can smell it from here
just to clarify you believe that the BRCA 1/10 committee profit from any rules we make and are therefor corrupt?.
Old 05-11-2014

After reading some of the posts in this thread don't anyone dare comment on mine in the future. They make mine look sensible and very well structured by comparison. CLOSE THIS THREAD! !

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk