Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 02-10-2007

Default winter series

Nov 11
Dec 9
Jan 13
Feb 10
March 9
Eastrax club winter series will be best 4 from 6 and has been decided to run with controlled tyres (ballistic buggy) and a 19turn motor but those wishing to enter with lower wind motor still can but there will be a different points table but the two types will run together.
the winner of the 19turn class will recieve a brand new B4 team car with other prizes for the runners up.
Old 03-10-2007

Do i take it that there are two classes eg 19t and controlled tyres (BB) and a second open class numbers permitting uncontrolled tyres?
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 03-10-2007

is that ballistic mini pins or spikes??
grant williams
Old 03-10-2007
Mad Member

I would think the control tyres are for everyone, but not completely sure, also not sure if it's front and rear and whether it's pins or spikes. I know the spikes worked well in the wet, never tried pins though Grant used them to good effect at the East of England Regional in the dry.

I know I will be racing in the open class though it will be interesting to see how much slower if at all the 19 turns are. Maybe later in the year when its colder and wetter a 19 turn will have the advantage as it should be easier to drive.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 03-10-2007

hopefully i should be coming up 2 the first winter series date. im goin to run a 19t u should try it jon . AS for ballastic mini pins they were ace in the dry demolished the field at the regional in qualifying but they dont last that well. wen the finals came round they were a touch bald lol
Old 04-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw02veg View Post
hopefully i should be coming up 2 the first winter series date. im goin to run a 19t u should try it jon . AS for ballastic mini pins they were ace in the dry demolished the field at the regional in qualifying but they dont last that well. wen the finals came round they were a touch bald lol
Are you sure you didn't do any Street Racing with them first
Old 04-10-2007

where did that comment come from? so u comin to race at east trax for the winter as u lookin through the post?
Old 04-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Chillll winston!

We have been talking about it as the track looks awesome - was hoping there may be some more pics in here..... I hear they may also be applying for a national meeting so it might be worth mentioning if so as more people will be likely to want to get some practise in.
Old 04-10-2007
LeeOtard

19t????????????????????????///

why???

lol
Old 04-10-2007

it is a very good track only downfall is it only has one track layout. Raced one regional there its got a great flow to it and the cars feel fast. i should be goin next weekend to there first winter date ill try and get some new pictures up! woulkd be good to see the bongo bus up there with a few faces
Old 04-10-2007

19t i thought it sounded like a cracking idea even if i just done it once! it will hopefully show it aint about the power of the car its about ur lines and concistency. a lot of the the drivers in my region are newish to racing theyve seen me go round at our regionals and be a lap ahead ova everyone and they think its because my cars the fastest alot of the time it aint i only run a 12 at regionals.
Old 04-10-2007
Mad Member

I did think about trying a 19 turn, just depends on how many people turn out to race in that class!! Think its also to try and reduce the costs a bit for a lot of newcomers into the hobby in our area, and also stop them having an unguided missle for there first few races.

Grant I think the street racing relates to your interview with a certain magazine!!!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 04-10-2007
LeeOtard

off road hasnt got a power issue....thts touring cars...

you can go buy faster motors...makes u no better...........

for the beginner its a cool idea....but not for me/some of us....but theres another class so thats cool...

i wanna be the best i can be...not the best a motor can be!
Old 04-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Lee, it does say anything can be used anyway so that's cool....

Where do these 19T rules leave people with Brushless systems, (or can you easily run Brushed motors with them)??

Lee, do you fancy going up to have a go one weekend then??
Old 04-10-2007

totaly agree lee just wanted to try it once and show them it aint bout the speed! congrats on the worlds A mate done a cracking job there!
Old 04-10-2007
LeeOtard

cheers fella!

well done on stotfold.

ill be seeing you at this eastrax soon then....like the look of the track! looks pimping!!!

any new pics??
Old 04-10-2007

cheers chap.
the track is very cool like i said to nick hopefully ill make the first winter series date and get a good selection of pictures but theres nothin like seenin a track in the flesh. would highly recommend it. if u r goin to attendant an event let me know as i wont be doin the whole series. im doin stotfold and eden parks winter series
Old 04-10-2007
LeeOtard

and not mine! pfttt!!!!
Old 04-10-2007

lol i have been meaning to make it down there its just a fair trip for me stotfold and eden park are only 50 mins from me. im sure ill b down for one of ur meetings. the track does look pretty sweet seen a couple of vids of some racing.
Old 04-10-2007

from a meeting earlier in the year