Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 30-07-2014

Default Chadderton 2014 - Help from the Club?

The Chadderton 2014/15 dates are up! And after doing the series for the passed 4 years, I would like to do it again!

However, at the end of last years series, I posted a thread in the Batley section, to make aware of the problem I was having, because due to me being in a wheelchair, I was unable to Marshal or reff a heat do to me not being able to walk up and down the rostrum, and I could not find someone to Marshal for me consistently. The result was me going home stressed as heck, being shouted at because I couldn't get anyone to cover my marshal spots, and not enjoying my racing at all! I had a lot of support from lot's of people over this, but no one from Batley Club offered any reply or help as regards to my thread, and a few weeks of my thread being up, it was removed!

I'm not wanting to be a pain or get on the wrong side of anyone! But I love my racing and have really enjoyed the Chadderton series over the years. But could I please ask that someone involved in the running of the Chadderton series, could please reply and confirm if the club will be able to help me with sorting a replacement marshal for me? Before I book in and pay my entry fee. I know Dianne, Mark and everyone involved with the running of the series is very busy at the meetings, and I understand that and I'm very sorry as I don't want to be a nuisance. But I don't want to enter the series to only find myself in the same position as last year. I am not intending to cause a problem for the club, or create any ill feelings, but if I am, please notify me and I will reluctantly not enter the series.
Old 30-07-2014

Hi Mark,

have you tried contacting Dianne directly about this? I'm sure she would be happy to sort something out.

Failing that I would certainly be willing to help out, providing you're not in my heat or I'm not in the heat after yours.

Sure between all the racers we can easily come to an arrangement and sort this out. Please don't let this put you off entering the series

Craig Collinson.
Old 31-07-2014
Mad Member

I can run fast, just 'marshal' next to me in worst case. Think i covered both the last time before your first post on the matter. Seriously though, your points were well recieved and i know you will be catered for. I wouldnt stress about it, ill marshal 1 race if its possible for you, but doubt it will be neccesary
Old 31-07-2014

Thanks Craig and Danny, I did talk to Dianne about it at the meetings, but as we all know she is very busy running the meetings, and the end result was 'it's my responsibility to find a replacement Marshall if I can't Marshall myself'. But that was the problem, Most people are running two classes, and find themselves very busy racing and Marshaling twice, and wanting the time in between there heats to fix or setup there cars, and unfortunately nearly everyone who offers to help and who I know, are always in the same heat or the one after me. People don't like Marshaling at the best of times, so when I ask someone if they can cover my marshaling, I know it's a pain the bum for them. So I find myself constantly chasing and asking people if they can cover my marshall spot. I have had a lot of people say they will help me if they can, and I really appreciate that, but the reality is that I still found myself running around like a headless chicken, trying to find someone because the person who said they would cover, needed to fix there car, disappeared to the loo or to get food etc. That's why I am asking the club if they can please sort replacement marshall's for me, so I'm not stressing throughout the day, chasing people to help me.
Old 31-07-2014

Hi Mark,

was this only a problem last year? If so, what was the arrangement for previous years?

Would it not be an option for you to ref? I know you go on the rostrum when racing, so can you not stay there after your race to ref the next heat?

Another option could be this:

Say you're in heat 10 for example
Someone else from heat 10 covers your marshall point for heat 11
Someone from 12 refs for heat 11, stays on the rostum to race their heat (12), then marshalls for heat 1.

You're usually in the 2nd to top heat, so I would be willing to take on the above arrangement, or it could be shared with some other drivers from the top heat.

Why don't you also send Dianne a PM? I know she is busy on race days, but I'm sure if you send Dianne a PM on here she will get back to you.

Craig Collinson.
Old 31-07-2014

Hi Mark,

I'll marshall for you like I have done a couple if times no problem but it is like you said if I am not in the same heat as you, which I may not be.

See you there

Matt.
Old 31-07-2014
Mad Member

Dont fret mark, you will be accomodated. I wouldnt say i will if i wont.

As craig said, we'll juggle it between racers, but again I dont think it will be necessary. Youll enjoy this year Im sure.
Old 31-07-2014

Craig, Me reffing was tried, but because I couldn't walk up and down the rostrum to tell racers to move over etc, and due to not being able to have 'presence' on the rostrum, I was stopped from reffing. For the first few years of doing the series, I did them as a group with some of my close racing friends, and they would cover my marshaling, but they all stopped racing and for the last year, I went to the meetings on my own.

I really appreciate, all the people who say it's not a problem, and they will help. But I had lot's of people say the same thing last year, but when it comes to the meetings, there is always issue's with heat placement, and then when the finals start, it all changes again.

I don't want the frustration of rushing around trying to find help on the day. That's why I am asking the Club to confirm if they can or can not help sort this out for me.
Old 31-07-2014

No problem Mark.

Best thing to do is PM Dianne then and see what she comes back with.

Sure it will get sorted

Craig.
Old 18-08-2014

I'll help in any way I can if I'm not racing or marshalling myself.
Old 20-08-2014

Send a message via MSN to tommygun Send a message via Yahoo to tommygun Send a message via Skype™ to tommygun

Get some kid to do it, a kid that never messes with his car or spends time eating... like my self! Rather than them running around in the pits making everyone peed of, get them to marshal for you, simples!