Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > HoBao

Old 01-06-2013

Default Wobbly Right Rear Hub

Who else has noticed this?

I noticed there was excessive play in the right rear hub after my first meeting. I put it down to a possible hard knock stretching the plastic round the hingepin and making it loose.

5 meetings later I have finally got round to stripping it to fit a new one, which was exactly the same! It appears the mould for the right hub is producing an oversized hole for the hingepin. The left is fine.

As a solution, I've drilled a small hole on the underside of the hub into the hingepin hole, and tapped it to M3 for half its depth. I've now rebuilt the car with an M3 grubscrew clamping onto the hingepin. The play is gone and there's no binding in the suspension as the hingepin is rotating fine in the wishbone.

Not sure how much of a difference I'll notice on the track, although going from having one wheel able to alter its toe in from zero to 6 degrees and now having it set at 3 degrees should make a change.
Old 02-06-2013

Yea I've noticed exactly the same problem hopefully they'll sort the problem with the moulding, but i think you've got a good idea in the mean time as this is the only flaw i can find in am otherwise brilliant car for the price.
Old 02-06-2013

Mine is exactly the same too and I thought it was down to a hard impact also, until I read your post. I'm considering getting the alloy ones but I'll give your solution a go first. Nice one.

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3
Old 02-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I use losi 22 rear hubs, £4 and you have vertical ball stud options, they drop straight on the car.

Only thing I did was to add a durango 410 rear crush tube between the bearings as they did bind a little when doing the wheels up tight.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
I use losi 22 rear hubs, £4 and you have vertical ball stud options, they drop straight on the car.

Only thing I did was to add a durango 410 rear crush tube between the bearings as they did bind a little when doing the wheels up tight.
I might give this a go when I wreck the standard hubs. I've already bought Losi spares ready for the front.

The car's next run out is at Mansfield on Wednesday, so I can feed back how well it holds up, and if its allowed me to make the jump forward from the tail end of the A final.
Old 03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post

hi do the bearings go straight in the Losi hubs?
Old 03-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes a straight fit on the car, bearings too!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-06-2013

cool thanks for that, bit annoying as i bought a spare set when i bought the car lol, oh well.
Old 06-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

www.rccarshop.co.uk