Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 21-07-2013

Default ARC 21/7/2013

Well done to Mark and Tony for running a great meeting.
Well done to Colin the Ref and to all in the kitchen who cooked up some good grub

Sure there are plenty of moans on the way but I feel it was nice to have another venue in the region.

Remember before you moan that real people give up lots of time and money to make these day possible for us to enjoy.
And to those that moan, where is your track which is better?

Anyway big thanks again for an enjoyable day.
Old 21-07-2013

My fun was tempered somewhat by timing problems all day, which first wreaked havoc on my qualifying times, and then took away my best run in the finals. I will try and have a spare transponder for the next time I turn up!

Apart from that, it was a great circuit layout, and was good to see how the ARC club had developed in it's new location. The ARC team were great as well, and I did enjoy a tasty burger from the cafe!

-Will.
Old 21-07-2013

Default Great Venue

Here here Chris! Can I say thank you to you as well for marshalling for me during qualifying, I will learn to only do 1 car one day!

ARC is a great venue and understands that this is a hobby not F1 so racing should be fun 1st and foremost. I understand a few people have had issue but for people that have been don't let this put you off going there. Try for yourself you won't be disappointed

Great day guys best EOE round me and the boy have been too

I will add that I haven't have my best days racing with regards to results but its definitely the most FUN I have had in ages!!

Cheers Chris and all the peps at ARC Raceway

Duncan...
Old 21-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well done to all involved, fantastic venue,By far and away the best catering I have come across in years!very clean and professional. great race control, smoothly run meeting even with the transponder problems and the chap in there kept the days racing light hearted and fun all day, as racing should be!! good covered rostrum to But sadly the track was by far the worst I have raced on in a very very long time, I love the 3D style but the track needs loads of work to make it the venue it should be. I know it's supposed to be an 8th track but I could see quite a few problems with that as well (pit lane for a start). TBH I think it would be a far better 10th venue witha bit of work and thought As 10th racers love a bit of astro, 8th racers are really not so keen just take a look at how many rallyx Nats are on astro or how the ware clubs meeting entry halfs as soon as they say the 8th meeting will be on the astro track if the dirts to wet

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 21-07-2013

Default A thank you....

I would personally like to thank Mark & Tony for all their efforts and help today, a well run and light hearted commentary. I would like to also thank each and every (well 99%) of the drivers, you were great and gave me next to no problems all day.
A couple of congratulations to Ben Hubbard for a great win, but an extra well done to Danny Conway,.he drove a supurb 3rd leg race under immense pressure to keep the 2wd championship alive.
Old 22-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin76 View Post
I would personally like to thank Mark & Tony for all their efforts and help today, a well run and light hearted commentary. I would like to also thank each and every (well 99%) of the drivers, you were great and gave me next to no problems all day.
A couple of congratulations to Ben Hubbard for a great win, but an extra well done to Danny Conway,.he drove a supurb 3rd leg race under immense pressure to keep the 2wd championship alive.
Great job to the ARC crew. Food was really good from Nick. At the end he even came out in his chef whites to do a spot of marshalling.

I'd like give a special mention to Colin. He dropped his racing to ref ALL DAY! That's right, take up 12 hours of his day to herd cats and manage monkeys. Cleanest heats and finals I have ever raced in.

Looking forward to the Springer/Conway decider at the final round. With Mark and Jonathan in the mix, it will be a spectacle!
Old 22-07-2013
Mad Member

Big thumbs up to Mark, Tony & Colin for a very well run meeting, also to the other ARC chaps who helped out with covering marshaling spots through the day.

Even though I had a whole seasons bad luck in one day & didn't get the result I probably should have, I quite liked the track, had a nice flow to it, even if the big triples were a bit hit & miss sometimes.

Huge well done to Mr Hubbard, you drove really well all day mate

Also well done to Rob, who I'm pretty sure has won the 4wd class & been super quick all year
Old 22-07-2013

I was really unsure of the track at first but loved it in the end!!

just need to grow a bigger pair of bo**cks to try clearing the triples more often!! more practice needed I suppose but 5th over all not too bad for me!! (watch out big boys, this time next year......)

huge congrats to the Hubs for winning on the day and also to Colin and the Arc crew for a well run meeting.

Will have to try the grub next time and leave those horrid pre-packed sandwiches at the BP garage!!
Old 22-07-2013

Smile

Even i had nothing to complain about! Thanks to Mark for his help trying to sort Cal's transponder out.