Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2014

Default Unlimited Touring Car

We had an issue today as there was a buggy racing in the touring car class. I was a little worried that an open wheel car would be a hazard but to be fair the young lady driving it was very good and caused me at least no problems. Rick did say he was unhappy as she held him up and its not right that a non TC could effect the results and potentially the winner of the championship. Other drivers have also said to me that they are not happy that a non TC will take points away from there championship. I know we are running in an unlimited class but I must agree that it is also a TC class and not a buggy class. We have plenty of classes for buggies but only one for our TCs today.

Could I ask that the buggy results are not used and so upset the TC championship. I know in years gone by it has not been a very serious class but this year more than ever the bar has been raised and many drivers are spending a lot of money to compete in TC. As far as effecting the racing on the track by getting in the way I dont think this was any more of an issue than a visiting TC would of done but I do agree that the class should only allow 1/10 TC shell cars so ask that that is the minimum requirement.

Terry