Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 15-12-2011

Default Fat rope!

Could we possibly use some of the bigger rope down the straight, to help stop the high speed shock blow outs?!!!
Old 15-12-2011

Well said James, what a bloody awful meeting.. (well I had a nightmare anyway! lol)

If you have a problem with a shock and therefore oil on the track would it not be in everybody's interest to stop all cars going round and inform a committee member so they can access the situation, not try and clear it up when there are 15-20 cars all tramping round trying to practice for the demolition derby that is about to ensue.

I know it's finals night, you're in a heat with a load of people who are all very closely matched, but it seemed as if no one was slowing down for anyone/anything.. round 2 of the C Final (heat number 5 on the night) had the last placed car come flying through as the start buzzer went, no attempt to hit the brakes for the left hander at the end of the straight.. I pulled my car as I want to race on Sunday and wanted to minimise the damage! People shouting, "lapping!" but still not patient enough to wait for the car to pull over. A farce!!

Looking forward to Sunday; a decent track, more sensible driving (from me anyway) and a good atmosphere..

Scott..
Old 18-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclifford View Post
Could we possibly use some of the bigger rope down the straight, to help stop the high speed shock blow outs?!!!
So you had a rope all the way down the straight today. Maybe that's why we had so many shock blowouts elsewhere on the track? . Ignoring that, do you think it helped having the rope on the straight?

Regards,
Jon.

Old 18-12-2011

yes, at least the oil wasnt on the fastest part of the track.

All the blowouts were at the base of the corner jump off the racing line anoying but not as bad as halfway down the straight!!!
Old 19-12-2011
Mad Member

To be fair I think most if not all of the oil on the track yesterday was attributable to one car with a damaged shock cap.
Old 19-12-2011

If I get a chance I'll knock up a couple of "deflectors" was think of an L section about 12" high with a 4" base about 3' long then the rope can sit on top to hold it upright.