Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 08-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Sarah, that made me chuckle, he could have a Blue Badge on his Lotus Renault so he can park anywhere to! Shouldn't mock though.
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
And you know what, if he could have got out the car and walked away from it, he would have done and not thought anymore of it, yet me, you and every other normal person would be cacking ourselves to even look at a car.

Can't remember his name, but he used to drive for Williams, had a major accident in Nascar, lost one or both his legs, and now he does rally or touring cars, he just needs some adaptions to the car, but it should be possible for him to come back, I just wouldn't expect too much from him this season.

Hope he does come back from it.
Zanardi had both his legs lost in the crash before the docs even got to him. They were looking to see the damge to his legs as the front of his car got tore off when they realised his legs went with it. Not too sure but in this pic is that flesh flying through the air above the wheel? One hell of a brave man to race again.
The crash occurred while Zanardi was leading the race in the closing laps. After a late pit stop, Zanardi was attempting to merge back onto the track when he accelerated abruptly and spun into the path of Patrick Carpentire. Carpentier was able to avoid him, but Alex Tagliana was not and Zanardi's car was impacted from the side, behind the front wheel, splitting the monocoque in half. Zanardi lost both legs (one at and one above the knee) in the impact and nearly three-quarters of his blood volume, though rapid medical intervention saved his life. Further portions of his legs were amputated during three hours of surgery to clean and facilitate closing the wounds.

Old 08-02-2011
Mad Member

*brrrr*!

Yeah, I saw that accident live, horrible!!!

Kubica is a very quick driver, but he seems a bit too crazy to me! I was surprised he survived that nasty F1 crash a few years ago too! And now this... he'd better start having a 1% safety margin! Reminds me a bit of Villeneuve, which had a nasty crash at Spa some years ago. His comment afterwards was: "One of the best crashes I've ever had"... mama mia...

I'd love to see Kimi or Sato take Robert's seat while he's recovering! Imagine Sato and Kobayashi battling it out on the track! Banzai!!!

Hope you have a speed recovery Robert!

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 08-02-2011

Yeah that's it, although sometimes I think they refer to him using the longer version of his name.
Old 08-02-2011

Yea Zanardi's crash makes me feel sick every time I see it. It was Indy or Champ cars though wasn't it?

Anyway, this whole incident still speaks volumes for the safety of these modern race cars even given Kubica's injuries. Frankly the man has no right to be alive, so the fact he is already moving his fingers is amazing.

All the best Robert, and I hope that Senna can step up and prove people wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-02-2011

My money is on the Hulk getting a 1 year contract at Renault. The reserve drivers aren't up to it, Renult need a recognised name.

Of course, they could be really politically smart and take Nelson Piquet Jr back.... sort of bury the past...
Old 08-02-2011

I'm with you, Hulkenberg is the only name with real potential unless as suggested above Kimi is a possible. He would be the ultimate wild card.
Old 08-02-2011
Mad Member

Hulkenberg is good, and will become better. But he hasn't snowed anything extraordinary on a regular basis so far IMHO (except pole in last years race). Old Rubens beat him in nearly every Q and race.

Kimi would have given excellent results, and be back in F1, from where he NEVER should have left (that stupid finn!). Regrettably there were some negative talk before last season, where he was rumoured to Renault. He (again a stupidity!) said to the press they were misusing his name to get attention... had he kept his mouth shut then he could have had his big opening now! He said he'd only return to a team that was capable of winning the championship. Most drivers are happy just to be in F1, or at least that's their view when they've been close to leaving...

Timo Glock, Adrian Sutil or Jarno Trulli would also be very fast in a good car. And more than happy to get away from lesser teams...

OR - whip out Mika Salo or Mika Häkkinen from their stables... I'd LOVE to see Mika give Schuey a bloody good hiding!!! 8th championship... yeah, right...

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

What's the point of making Senna reserve driver if you don't use him when one is needed...

I still think he can do a good job!
Old 08-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
What's the point of making Senna reserve driver if you don't use him when one is needed...

I still think he can do a good job!
Good job??? He's too lazy (or not fit enough) to even keep his head straight when driving!!! (he let it rest on the side of the cockpit) The german commentaries made fun of that last season. When interviewed about it his reply was: "It's only qualifying, I won't do it in the race"...

This isn't Ayrton, it's his lazy nephew...

Visit my showroom
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Treacy View Post
My money is on the Hulk getting a 1 year contract at Renault. The reserve drivers aren't up to it, Renult need a recognised name.
Personally I can't see Craig fitting into the car, even if he could he'd make the team paint the wheels yellow
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote Not too sure but in this pic is that flesh flying through the air above the wheel

Horrible photo that, seen it before, and yes that is flesh, worse still below the right wheel is Zanardi his glove etc can be seen in other photos, got to hospital with reported 1ltr of blood left, god only knows how he survided!

But like they say, "keep knocking at hevens door,at some point it may just open"

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
Personally I can't see Craig fitting into the car, even if he could he'd make the team paint the wheels yellow

Haha beat me to it, although I wasnt going to be quite so subtle, the fat git

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 08-02-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

I would like to see Nick Heidfeld on grid, he didn't do that bad last season.
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
I wasnt going to be quite so subtle, the fat git

You could wear your dress again and be his grid girl
Old 08-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
Good job??? He's too lazy (or not fit enough) to even keep his head straight when driving!!! (he let it rest on the side of the cockpit) The german commentaries made fun of that last season. When interviewed about it his reply was: "It's only qualifying, I won't do it in the race"...

This isn't Ayrton, it's his lazy nephew...
I remember that, I also remember in Q3 of that race in Turkey at least 2 of the top 10 doing exactly the same, but because they were "top" drivers it didn't seem so funny to the commentators!! Senna wasn't racing single seaters in 2009 and had no testing and a s**t car last year, but everyone writes him off!! His only crime was being beaten by Klein, admittedly worrying!!
Old 10-02-2011
Mad Member

Default Both Heidfeld & Senna get a chance!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89366

Renault team owner Gerard Lopez said earlier today that the team would wait until after testing before deciding on who will partner Vitaly Petrov this year - and Heidfeld's chances will depend on how he compares pace-wise against Senna.

>> classic shoot-out!

Visit my showroom
Old 10-02-2011

Senna in this car would be fantastic. I do believe he has the talent, and a Senna in his second year in F1 in a Lotus Renault? How retro is that?

@Shy: Check out Hulkenbergs earlier career. He can't be bad. Also, keep an eye on Tom Blomqvist and Carlos Sainz Jr. This is interesting talent!

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize