Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 14-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default 2014 BRCA License Grades - Wales Region

Following the completion of this year's WRCA regional series, we now have the BRCA license grades applicable for the 2014 season.
They have been posted on www.wrca.org.uk as a news item.
Thank you.
Old 14-08-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Is that right Pete? John leonard, Jon tucker f3's! Mr haggis f5
Old 14-08-2013

Aye, i think a few are not wrca region now, either, Instone, Osbournes from my quick look...
Old 14-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll catch up with Mr Worsley and get him to check it. (I didn't create it! )
If Wales was the last region that some one competed in then that's the list they'll stay on (hence Leonard & Tucker)
I believe that this list has been completed ahead of other regions so ultimately the ozzys might get removed from here (assuming they raced in another region! )
Old 15-08-2013

I am sure they competed in the South West region this year, and Tucker should be an F5 by now, cause I am sure he hasn't been sneaking into any regionals of late.....
Old 15-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Following on from my previous post, as Paul very kindly provisionally updated the Wales region early for us (that'll teach me to be proactive and try and do my job quickly!) and as the other regions are completed then people who competed elsewhere would be moved to the appropriate region. I can then update this list with the final one accordingly. However, what won't change is your personal grade.

In terms of the other queries on there may I refer you to:
BRCA rule 21.1 - Demotion by a maximum of one grade is automatic if the driver has failed to re-qualify for the same or higher licence grade in the current year. Drivers that have achieved a ‘top fifteen’ place in the Off-Road National Championship Series since 1994 will not be demoted lower than F3.

I have had a couple of queries asking how grades are calculated, I refer you to:
BRCA Rule 21.4.2 From the REGIONAL SERIES:-
All competitors that enter an event(s) that count towards a Regional Championship, will be awarded a licence grade based on their overall position for that Championship (2WD or 4WD separately).
Regional formulae will be allocated on a percentage basis as follows:- the number of drivers that score points for the minimum number of events for a Region’s particular Series (ie. 3 from 5 events) will be used as the base figure. Any drivers included in this base figure, that have gained their licence from the National Series of the current year (F1, F2 and demoted F1) will be subtracted from the base figure to give an adjusted base figure on which the calculations will be based. It follows that Regional licence grades can only be established when the results of the National Championship are finalised.
FORMULA 2 - The top 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F2 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)
FORMULA 3 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F3 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)
FORMULA 4 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F4 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)
FORMULA 5 - The final 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F5 drivers (2WD and 4WD).

In Wales the base figure for 4wd was 4 drivers, in 2wd it was 12.
thank you
Old 16-08-2013

Tidy mate? I wasn't picking, was just curious as to how they were on list still
Old 16-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No worries Griff