Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 04-09-2011
Mad Member

Default BRCA SE Region @ Junior/Veteran/F2 Championships, Silverstone

Brief summary of this weekends events! And what a weekend it was for all of us!

Lots to contend with for the team that participated this weekend. First off a challenging track that, dependant on the weather, showed us extremes of grip from ultra high right down to low when the damp weather arrived and we did have some of that into the bargain this morning! We also had to get used to two different types of tyre that we would not have much experience of in our neck of the woods but may do so in the future now that we've tried them!

Saturday was tough for many of us, the grip levels were considerably higher than many of us had ever experienced but hard work and team work throughout the day got most of us progressing as the day wore on! Amongst many highlights were:Jay Holmes, Ollie Crew and Kyle Moon all making the U16 A Final, Will Johnson having an exceptional day in the tough F2 class, Glenn Westwood qualifying in the F2 B Final and Andy Carter and Stuart Band making it into the Veteran A Final. It got even better for one particular individual in that Veteran Final with Andy Carter winning both of the first two legs to become the BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section 2WD Veteran Champion and to go home with an armful of trophies, very well done sir, well worth the v.early start!

At the end of the day Paul Worsley summarised the Regional Championships positions (the South East having won the Junior/Veteran Championships for the past two years!) and the team was sitting a mere TWO points behind the leaders, Mid East! Surprising, with us not having any drivers in the U13 category but stil v.pleasing!

Sunday would present us with more challenges as the rain came in early in the day and we would have to contend with low grip in the wet right through to the return of the ultra high grip that re-appeared late in the day when the sun cam out and the track dried! Again many notable performances (and excuse me if I can't remember them all!): Jodie Moon going home with a large pot for winning her final; Jay, Ollie and Kyle all making the main U16 Final again. Will Johnson continuing his good weekend, top SE driver in the F2's in 4WD I think? Stuart Band qualifying fourth (and finished fourth we think!) in the Veterans but being the sole SE representative in the A Final, sorry Stu, didn't get it right until it was too late!

So finally it was down to the announcement of the Regional Championship positions. Paul Worsley again made the announcement about both competitions and when it came to the Junior/Veteran competition he, as tradition permits, announced the results in reverse order! We waited until third was announced, not us (I was expecting second), second was anounced, NOT US, we'd only gone and won it again, by a mere two points from the Mid East Region!
So very well done to ALL involved, not only the drivers but also the mechanics, helpers, Mums, Dads and friends who all make this such a team effort to take the magnificent trophy again, for the THIRD year in succession, in a word, A.....MAZE.....ING!

I'm still not sure I can believe it, SO proud, now if we had some more U13's?????
Old 05-09-2011
Banned

here here steve amazing

trekkker
Old 06-09-2011

Default South East Rule!

Congratulations to all of our participating and supporting South East members.
Both Tom and I wished to have been present but unfortunately work and family commitments preventing our part in the THIRD SUCCESSIVE WIN!
Sounds like our Leader was not by example, but a great motivator!

Andy
Old 06-09-2011

Great News Steve about the Region winning again - top notch.

As some will know, I've not been a regular supporter of the EoS meetings - either through ineligibility or dates clashing with family commitments etc and I have to say that I was taken aback by the friendly atmosphere and the general relaxed fell in the pits - it made for a welcome change from the intense pressure that can prevail at the Nationals.
It really must rank (along with the F3,4,5s I assume) as the jewel in the BRCA crown. The nationals get the coverage but the EoS meetings are something quite special in their own right.

Seeing young kids with beaming smiles being encouraged by parents, guardians and friends and seeing how good they were being made to feel about themselves is reason enough to go.
To be a part of the region and support each other is another reason to go - quite often, racing is driven (for me anyway) by a desire to surpass a personal objective which can make it quite an insular experience but seeing our F1 representatives in Grant, Niggs and Poults making the trip to support SE drivers and represent their sponsors is great to see and from a personal point, hearing so many cheers at the end of the 2nd leg of the vets A final on Saturday was massively appreciated.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable event. I wasn't able to be there on the Sunday but it's great to know that we in the SE have again shown that we are a strong region at these events.
Well done to everyone who went up to Silverstone and competed and good luck to everyone who is going to Coventry in a few days time.
Old 06-09-2011

Well done to everyone representing the SE region

Old 06-09-2011

WELL DONE ALL!
Old 07-09-2011
Woop Woop Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Seeing young kids with beaming smiles being encouraged by parents, guardians and friends and seeing how good they were being made to feel about themselves is reason enough to go.
To be a part of the region and support each other is another reason to go.

couldnt of put it better myself andy was a great weekend really well done to all involved from the s/e. drives of the weekend.... obviously kyle oliand jay making the A both days and showing to be up nr the sharp end of it. jodie for winning her final in 4wd, stu for some solid runs in the vets, good old gnarly for winning 2wd (as he says the cheer was rather large when he crossed the line will for outstanding results in the f2's and the rest of the team for there utter commitment and help when ever needed, was great to see Will be there again at the f3,4,5 so again feel free to come in for any setup or line advice needed. i will try to not be ill as a ill thing this time tho lol

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 07-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

great comment Andy. Really sums up the Eos finals and why they are so enjoyable. Great result for the region, hopefully we can repeat it at Coventry!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback