Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 25-09-2016

Default Motor for 2wd

I'm look at doing some buggy racing next year but I'm not sure what motor is best and also what shorty lipos to get what do people recommend I will be using a hobbywing v2.1 esc and my buggy is a vbc firebolt
Thanks
Old 26-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trousy View Post
I'm look at doing some buggy racing next year but I'm not sure what motor is best and also what shorty lipos to get what do people recommend I will be using a hobbywing v2.1 esc and my buggy is a vbc firebolt
Thanks
If you are new to driving/racing you want a fairly gentle motor, don't tempted to get a real fast one yet. Suggest getting a 13.5T or 10.5, plenty of motor for a 2WD learner. Make does not matter, take your pick, any sensored will work. As you gain experience and speed you can get a faster motor, around a 8.5 or a 7.5 is about right for 2WD depending on the track, local racers will be able to advise.

Lipos, you want around 4500mAh capacity and no less than 45/50c, again make is not important.

The only other thing you might want to consider is if you are going to race in BRCA run events you will need batteries and motors from the approved list.
Old 08-10-2016

I have a thunder power 13.5t that I took out of my gt12 and I'm thinking of using nosram batteries as I use them for gt12 and like them I also looked a the core rc shorty
Old 08-10-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Good advise from cutting here.. most beginners in 2wd buggy end up with a vastly overpowered car (myself included). Ran an 8.5 indoors at Caldicot on Friday and would have beeen as quick with a 13.5 I reckon